• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will Philly trade Foles once Wentz returns?

Would Philly trade Foles in this situation?

• They would keep him as the backup

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • They would be willing to trade him for a fair deal

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • They would be willing to trade him, but only if another team overpays significantly

Votes: 16 55.2%

• Total voters

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah... he was off tonight. Only threw 9 passes though. Sudfeld looking like a player. 325 yards and 3 TDs in 3 quarters!

He really turned it around after being shaky last week.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s pretty much is. It has to do with what you get paid in FA and someone will dish out a ton for a QB
Michael Vick was only rated as a 6th round comp loss. Again, that 3rd you talk about isnt guaranteed. Not saying it wont happen, but I'd bet it doesn't.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He really turned it around after being shaky last week.

I didn’t watch all of it.
I heard besides getting juked bad Sidney Jones played well.
I keep harping on how important that kid is. If we can find a really good lead CB it will really REALLY help this
Team.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michael Vick was only rated as a 6th round comp loss. Again, that 3rd you talk about isnt guaranteed. Not saying it wont happen, but I'd bet it doesn't.

When... after he left Philly? What did he get paid when he left? Foles gonna get paid by someone.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vaitai was bad... I didn’t even notice the rest.

after Foles went out, the lineup was Big V (Clayborn's bitch), Warmack, Seumalo, Pryor, Hart

They got fooled on every stunt and blitz. It was ugly.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
after Foles went out, the lineup was Big V (Clayborn's bitch), Warmack, Seumalo, Pryor, Hart

They got fooled on every stunt and blitz. It was ugly.

Seumalo has been a bust.
Warmack always was a bust.
Freaking Hart played DE 6 months ago. No wonder Foles struggled.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think teams will get turned off by 10 minutes of poor play especially since the line gave up 7 sacks tonight
I'm not basing my view on just tonight. I've seen enough of him to say quality BU, but I wouldn't look at him as a full time starter.
If he's viewed as a BU, I don't see the NFL gifting the Eagles a 3rd, probably not a 4th either.
I do think it was right for the Eagles to hold on to him unless some team completely overpaid with the question of Wentz being ready, but I don't think you want Foles as your starting QB for more than a few hames.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not basing my view on just tonight. I've seen enough of him to say quality BU, but I wouldn't look at him as a full time starter.
If he's viewed as a BU, I don't see the NFL gifting the Eagles a 3rd, probably not a 4th either.
I do think it was right for the Eagles to hold on to him unless some team completely overpaid with the question of Wentz being ready, but I don't think you want Foles as your starting QB for more than a few hames.

comp picks are based on contract dollars signed by the player leaving... not their position. canceled out by free agent contracts you signed.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They will get a 3rd cause it’s a money thing. Brian Hoyer was compensated a 4th. If someone gives Foles 9 million which is less then he makes now they will get a 3rd. Pretty much set in stone IMO. 9 million is peanuts for a QB and someone will want him and hope he plays like 2013 or last post season.

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm calling it now, if Foles plays decently before Wentz returns, Philly will ship him out and swindle some other team just like they did when they shipped Sam Bradford off to the Vikings for a 1st in 2016. Demand for QB's increases exponentially during the season when whatever teams currently have fails them do to injuries or whatever. The only way he stays is if he plays badly/average enough for teams to not be willing to part with a 1st, making his value as a backup even just for the remainder of 2018 worth keeping him.

Philly's demands will also probably lower somewhat once Wentz is back in the lineup. They weren't about to ship their plan B out of town very easily when they knew they'd probably need him for a few games to start the season before their plan A was ready. There could also be an element of doing right by Foles by sending him somewhere where he'll get a chance to play rather than keeping him stuck behind Wentz.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They will get a 3rd cause it’s a money thing. Brian Hoyer was compensated a 4th. If someone gives Foles 9 million which is less then he makes now they will get a 3rd. Pretty much set in stone IMO. 9 million is peanuts for a QB and someone will want him and hope he plays like 2013 or last post season.

Bullshit.

The formula for compensatory picks is very complex. It has to do with what players you lose in FA and those which you sign. You can’t just say what you will or won’t get for any given player.

The Basics and Methodology of Projecting the NFL's Compensatory Draft Picks | Over the Cap

Here’s another point.

Everyone says “oh the pats only got a second round pick for jimmy g”. Not true. They also got Brian hoyer as a backup. This is why the pats dealt jimmy g to San Fran and not some team like the browns (who didn’t have a back up QB). However, the deal was structured such that hoyer was NOT officially part of the deal. He was simply released by the 49ers and because of 1) his number of years in the nfl and 2) the time of year he was released Hoyer did not have to clear waivers and he instantly became a FA. Why did the Pats do this? So they could do better when it came time to calculating the compensatory picks. If Hoyer had been officially part of the deal then it would have hurt that calculation. Because hoyer was signed as a free agent it didn’t adversely affect them.

Patriots-49ers: Brian Hoyer originally part of Jimmy Garoppolo trade, but yanked because of compensatory draft picks

It’s worth noting that this entire plan almost backfired on the pats bc GB made a play for hoyer as soon as he was released. This probably caused the pats to give hoyer more of a salary than they wanted to but ultimately they got him.