• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will NC State Wolfpack mens hoops return to renovated reynolds collesium?

DesiredFan382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know the newly renovated reynolds collesium in raleigh university of NC is all ready for use again having a major upgrade to the building. I know the wolfpack mens squad have been sharing PNC Arena with the Carolina Hurrricanes of the NHL but is it possible that the wolfpack will return to their new on campus renovated facility where they played home games awhile ago or continue play at PNC Arena for the future going forward?

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know the newly renovated reynolds collesium in raleigh university of NC is all ready for use again having a major upgrade to the building. I know the wolfpack mens squad have been sharing PNC Arena with the Carolina Hurrricanes of the NHL but is it possible that the wolfpack will return to their new on campus renovated facility where they played home games awhile ago or continue play at PNC Arena for the future going forward?

No. NCSU has an agreement with PNC Arena. They use the parking for home football games also. The Wolfpack MBB does play a game or two occasionally in Reynold's Auditorium pre-season, but the majority of pre-season games and all ACC games are in PNC Arena. They also sell out PNC for the season ticket holders/corporate partners during basketball. You may see empty seats in Raleigh at Canes games and Pack home games, but those seats are sold out to corporate partners and Pack Alums. The Pack women do play their games in Reynolds.

The owners of PNC Arena is Gale Force Holdings. They recently extended the lease agreement to the Hurricanes and NC State through the year 2024. So the answer to your question is no.

DesiredFan382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well after the lease is up around 2024 what is going to happen to pnc arena and where will the canes and NC Wolfpack mens hoops team play at unless they renew their lease again with PNC Arena.

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reynolds seats less than 6,000 now. It has been renovated for womens basketball and the seating capacity reflects that.

Reynolds is easily one of the most influental and important venues in CBB history, but it should just be a glorified museum now. Too much money at stake with PNC arena.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well after the lease is up around 2024 what is going to happen to pnc arena and where will the canes and NC Wolfpack mens hoops team play at unless they renew their lease again with PNC Arena.

I would believe they would sign for another eight years. There is plenty of corporate dollars in Raleigh to keep that ship afloat.