• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will Georgia have a defense this season, WTF?

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet Georgia is expected to have a top 10 defense? What I cannot fathom is WHY Georgia is so overrated EVERY SINGLE YEAR with obvious, massive losses in talent or in this case, no talent there on that side of the ball to begin with. I just don't get what the love affair is with the media, sports analysts and Georgia football.

the answer is in three little letters....just like the majority of the conference

S. E. C.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UGA should field a decent defense and should probably have a good year simply b/c they play in one of the worst divisions in the world.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe our D will be decent based on the following:

1. They have recruited very well in the past and have very good D players, albeit thinned a bit because they are knuckleheads.

2. The problem the past 4 years was that our DC ran an overly complicated D. Anyone watching a Dawg game could tell you that ... players often were shuffling in and out at the last minute, and reports are that the players were often confused as to what they were supposed to do.

3. We now have a DC that was the DC of the NC Seminoles last year, who has trained under Saban. Reports are that he is running a far simpler D that will better utilize the talent that UGa has.

4. We have a large number of D players returning, although that has been thinned out due to being idiots. But, still, compared to last year, we have a lot more experienced players.

You guys rightfully criticize UGa for underperforming with the talent they get. You can't have it both ways. They've had top 10 classes for years, and they have top 10 D athletes on D now. The question is whether the new DC can coach them to play as a top 10 D. I think they will for the reasons stated above.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. They have recruited very well in the past and have very good D players, albeit thinned a bit because they are knuckleheads.

2. The problem the past 4 years was that our DC ran an overly complicated D. Anyone watching a Dawg game could tell you that ... players often were shuffling in and out at the last minute, and reports are that the players were often confused as to what they were supposed to do.

3. We now have a DC that was the DC of the NC Seminoles last year, who has trained under Saban. Reports are that he is running a far simpler D that will better utilize the talent that UGa has.

4. We have a large number of D players returning, although that has been thinned out due to being idiots. But, still, compared to last year, we have a lot more experienced players.

You guys rightfully criticize UGa for underperforming with the talent they get. You can't have it both ways. They've had top 10 classes for years, and they have top 10 D athletes on D now. The question is whether the new DC can coach them to play as a top 10 D. I think they will for the reasons stated above.

So you're guaranteeing a Gamecocks SEC East title!?
:yahoo:

pennstatenut

Working with my wood
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Are you saying they are dumb?

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you saying they are dumb?
I think it is a fair statement to say that today's college football players isn't a genius. But, no, I am not saying they are dumb. I think the post says it clearly ... the D scheme they were running was too complex.

I am saying what any UGa fan knows from the Grantham era ... he ran an extremely sophisticated D scheme that simply left players in the position that they often were confused as to what they were supposed to do. This is not new to anyone that follows UGa football, or who has followed our new DC's approach in which he has clearly stated his strategy is to make it simpler and let the athletes, which UGa does have, do their thing.

Tin Man

Loquacious Constituent
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,025.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dang, LawDawg. You're so not like an average member of the Bulldog Nation. You know, the folks who badmouth the Dawgs worse than even Auburn fans, then offer to fight anyone outside of the Bulldog Nation who they perceive to be badmouthing the Dawgs. You're... what? having a good day?