• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will a top-10 team go down today?

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8 top-10 teams in action today:

#1 Florida vs Mizzou
#4 Arizona vs Colorado
#5 Louisville vs Houston
#6 Virginia vs Florida St
#7 Duke vs Clemson
#8 Michigan vs Illinois
#8 SDSU vs UNLV
#10 Kansas vs #16ISU

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe more than one. I think Michigan could lose.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gonna say Florida, Virginia, and Kansas are the most likely. Florida is probably a dumb pick, but Mizzou hung with Florida in their only meeting this year, which was @ Florida.

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gonna say Florida, Virginia, and Kansas are the most likely. Florida is probably a dumb pick, but Mizzou hung with Florida in their only meeting this year, which was @ Florida.

I am actually worried about this game. Mizz needs the win to assure themselves a tourney spot so they will be ultra hungry. They were picked a top team to start the season, and for whatever reason have been really up and down... but like you said, they played toe to toe with Florida earlier this year and had the lead at the half.

Depends on which Mizz team shows up... but I could see us losing.

And part of me wouldn't think this is the worst thing.. because playing 3 games this weekend and having to play Thursday isn't great.

Add to that we are one injury away from being an early exit in the NCAA (if either Wilbekin or Young go down, we are pretty much screwed... especially with Scottie). I go back to that UConn games where we were firmly in control and then Scottie goes down with a twisted ankle with under 5 mins left... Napier goes off and storm back for the last second win. Before that, Scottie was holding him in check on defense.

So.. a loss may not be the worst thing as long as everyone stays healthy.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
florida beat mizzou by 10..... :scratch:

isu might get by kansas today, who played ot yesterday...

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am actually worried about this game. Mizz needs the win to assure themselves a tourney spot so they will be ultra hungry. They were picked a top team to start the season, and for whatever reason have been really up and down... but like you said, they played toe to toe with Florida earlier this year and had the lead at the half.

Depends on which Mizz team shows up... but I could see us losing.

And part of me wouldn't think this is the worst thing.. because playing 3 games this weekend and having to play Thursday isn't great.

Add to that we are one injury away from being an early exit in the NCAA (if either Wilbekin or Young go down, we are pretty much screwed... especially with Scottie). I go back to that UConn games where we were firmly in control and then Scottie goes down with a twisted ankle with under 5 mins left... Napier goes off and storm back for the last second win. Before that, Scottie was holding him in check on defense.

So.. a loss may not be the worst thing as long as everyone stays healthy.

Yeah, Florida doesn't have much to play for, other than the sec tournament championship itself, which doesn't mean much when you have legitimate ncaa championship aspirations.

Win or lose they will be a 1 seed in the South. Nice position to be in for Florida.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
florida beat mizzou by 10..... :scratch:

isu might get by kansas today, who played ot yesterday...

Yeah, the last 10 minutes of that game Florida outplayed Mizzou by a lot and really pulled away from them. The first 30 minutes or so were very competitive though.

As for Kansas, they have easily the toughest opponent today, so they're an easy pick.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the last 10 minutes of that game Florida outplayed Mizzou by a lot and really pulled away from them. The first 30 minutes or so where very competitive though.

florida played many games like that this year. Even in the games that finished close, they always seemed to be in control late.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8 top-10 teams in action today:

#1 Florida vs Mizzou
#4 Arizona vs Colorado
#5 Louisville vs Houston
#6 Virginia vs Florida St
#7 Duke vs Clemson
#8 Michigan vs Illinois
#8 SDSU vs UNLV
#10 Kansas vs #16ISU

#8 SDSU vs UNLV
#10 Kansas vs #16ISU

I'm going to go with your #8 team. A 9:00pm game in Vegas may be more than San Diego State wants.

I also like ISU over KU....but I took OSU over KU yesterday. and that didn't work out well.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop it. Louisville will win by 25.

Definitely possible, but not a foregone conclusion. Houston will have to play about as well as they can to have a chance in that game. In other words, we need to play the entire forty minutes the way we played the last twenty yesterday.

Eat 'em up, Cougs!

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
florida played many games like that this year. Even in the games that finished close, they always seemed to be in control late.

I totally agree, and I'm sure you know that better than I do. I'm not saying I'd pick Mizzou to win. I'd probably say a 20-pt Florida win is more likely than any Mizzou win.

But just picking an upset in the top 10 it stuck out to me with Florida having so little to play for and Mizzou having so much. Add to that the fact that Mizzou has looked very good in stretches and played Florida well for a 1/2 on the road, I went with it.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally agree, and I'm sure you know that better than I do. I'm not saying I'd pick Mizzou to win. I'd probably say a 20-pt Florida win is more likely than any Mizzou win.

But just picking an upset in the top 10 it stuck out to me with Florida having so little to play for and Mizzou having so much. Add to that the fact that Mizzou has looked very good in stretches and played Florida well for a 1/2 on the road, I went with it.

believe me i vbet against the spread on the gators most of the season and whenever they blew out an opponent i didnt mind losing. Mizzou isnt a consistent team and they played double ot yesterday. I dont see florida losing this but i could see the 12 point spread going either way so i took the under...

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
believe me i vbet against the spread on the gators most of the season and whenever they blew out an opponent i didnt mind losing. Mizzou isnt a consistent team and they played double ot yesterday. I dont see florida losing this but i could see the 12 point spread going either way so i took the under...

Good point about the double-ot, I'd actually forgotten that, though I think that stuff generally starts to have its impact more on the 3rd consecutive day than the 2nd.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan in a battle... down 2 with 2 minutes to go.

Virginia looking good with 6 minutes to go.

Florida and Mizzou in a good one coming up on halftime.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan pulls it out 64-63, Virginia moves on.

Florida next up.

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Duke wins by double digits.