• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Wildcard Round! Cleveland Browns @ Pittsburgh Steelers - 8:15pm ET

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Happens a lot.. Very hard to be said official making that call
Yep. No doubt NFL refs make some huge gaffes but people forget how hard it is to ref (especially compared to, say, MLB). I mean, on a pass to the sideline you need to see if the ball was caught, if both feet were in, if there was PI AND if he "completes" the catch.

They definitely miss a lot of holds but the adage one can be called on every play I think is true.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. No doubt NFL refs make some huge gaffes but people forget how hard it is to ref (especially compared to, say, MLB). I mean, on a pass to the sideline you need to see if the ball was caught, if both feet were in, if there was PI AND if he "completes" the catch.

They definitely miss a lot of holds but the adage one can be called on every play I think is true.

and by the time they see the clock reach 0 then look at QB to see if ball snapped then try to blow whistle, snap as already happened

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to say he called that game a lot like expect Stefanski would have.....wont shock me if he becomes the fulltime playcaller at some point. Might have to in order to keep him.

Am I correct in thinking Pittsburgh media is blasting Tomlin?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm obviously looking forward to the game. But I don't have the same level of anticipation you have. Just hope the Browns can give the Steelers a good game.
so did I, my friend.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pour yourself a drink and get that seat warmed up... fresh set of downs on superstitions; all jerseys are wearable all seating positions, foods, game day setups are reset.
I'm watching the game with The Boy so refrain from game threads that involve my teams. Gotta focus.

and of course I did once and we lost so haven't since.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so did I, my friend.

I was surprised as hell how they played last night. And when the first play of the game resulted in the Browns getting that TD felt for the first time ever the football gods were on the Browns side. Bad luck like that usally happens to our team. Not the Steelers.

And no matter what happens next Sunday this has been a great season. Finally have something really positive to build on in the off season.

Still seem unreal to me that the Browns have now beaten the Steelers 3 outta the last 4. Been decades since that's happened.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was surprised as hell how they played last night. And when the first play of the game resulted in the Browns getting that TD felt for the first time ever the football gods were on the Browns side. Bad luck like that usally happens to our team. Not the Steelers.

And no matter what happens next Sunday this has been a great season. Finally have something really positive to build on in the off season.

Still seem unreal to me that the Browns have now beaten the Steelers 3 outta the last 4. Been decades since that's happened.
You see Peterson was fired, I'm sure? so glad this is not us for a change. They are facing a long rebuild I think.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You see Peterson was fired, I'm sure? so glad this is not us for a change. They are facing a long rebuild I think.

First I've heard of Peterson getting fired. Haven't turned the tv on yet today. Been listening to music instead. But Peterson deserved to fired after his insane decision to bench Hurts. WTF was he thinking?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First I've heard of Peterson getting fired. Haven't turned the tv on yet today. Been listening to music instead. But Peterson deserved to fired after his insane decision to bench Hurts. WTF was he thinking?
Granted this is only a rumor but heard he was told job was safe before the game. I cannot fault the guy if he thinks he needs a QB to want to stay ahead of 2 other teams needing a QB in the draft.....though cannot say I've seen anything like that in which tanking was so blatant.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Granted this is only a rumor but heard he was told job was safe before the game. I cannot fault the guy if he thinks he needs a QB to want to stay ahead of 2 other teams needing a QB in the draft.....though cannot say I've seen anything like that in which tanking was so blatant.

The only thing that kinda makes sense is Peterson wanted to get fired. That's why he switched QB's. But even that doesn't make sense.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing that kinda makes sense is Peterson wanted to get fired. That's why he switched QB's. But even that doesn't make sense.
Any reason other than "I wanted to improve draft position" makes no sense to me. I could see if Wentz had started all year and even played well but wanting to see Hurts. But to see Sudfeld? Cannot imagine anyone who works for them thinks he has a future there as anything more than a backup.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any reason other than "I wanted to improve draft position" makes no sense to me. I could see if Wentz had started all year and even played well but wanting to see Hurts. But to see Sudfeld? Cannot imagine anyone who works for them thinks he has a future there as anything more than a backup.

Only a complete dumbbell would pull a move like that.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It really is amazing. This is Dan Orlovsky, on ESPN with Rex and Ryan Clark, saying how "it's the most impressive win I've ever seen".

Just a full accounting on this Monday before we move onto the Chiefs.

-no head coach
-missing 4 assistant head coaches
-a talent like OBJ missing- something that would seriously damage a lot of teams
-a talent like Olivier Vernon missing at DE- who had been awesome the 2nd half of the season
-a talent like Denzel Ward missing- easily a top 10 corner, maybe top 5 when healthy
-a talent like Joel Bitonio missing- easily a top 5 guard in the league
-missing their last 2 2nd round picks that were supposed to be starters in the defensive backfield- Delpit and Greedy- 2 guys who many thought were first round talents
-missing Kevin Johnson- their 3rd corner- so they were missing their top 3 corners in this game
-Jake Conklin- one of the best right tackles in football- gets hurt in the first half and doesnt come back- they put in their third string tackle against shoe-in Defensive Player of the Year Watt.
-replacing Bitonio is the 4th string guard (Harrison their backup was hurt- and Harris- the 3rd string guard was hurt)
-the 4th string guard gets hurt- and they replace him with a guy that BAKER MET THAT DAY that last played in the XFL!
-since the Jets game- 3 weeks ago- they had barely practiced because of COVID- their facility was shut down over 3/4 of the time.

you can build a helluva core of a roster with OBJ, Vernon, Ward, Bitonio, Conklin, Johnson, Delpit and Greedy- and have a very good young coach at the helm in Stefanski....and they werent available for a playoff game against a 12-4 team on the ROAD in primetime- in Baker's first playoff start!

with a 3rd string tackle and a 4th string (and then a 5th string guard) they prevented the Steelers from getting ANY sacks- the team that led the NFL in sacks during the entire year. That is Baker being prepared and pulling the fucking trigger and being decisive.

Put on top- the Browns had not won in Pittsburgh in SEVENTEEN YEARS!!!! Seventeen years. That is truly just unbelievable.

Baker played like one of the best QB's in the Wild Card round. He outplayed guys like Wilson, Tannehill, Rivers, Goff, Rothlisberger, and was just as good as Brady, Jackson, Allen.