• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wild Rumor per SB Nation: Browns Want To Send Manziel, Picks To Eagles For Bradford

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Johnny Manziel trade rumors involve Eagles sending Sam Bradford to Browns in order to help Philadelphia get Marcus Mariota - Bleeding Green Nation

Let's keep in mind that this is a rumor. But it's an interesting one, supposedly based on an agent involved in the trade talks. The Browns apparently are willing to send picks (but not one of their firsts) and Johnny Football to the Eagles for Sam Bradford. The hangups are the facts that the Browns want Bradford to sign a long term deal (which he's balking at) and the Eagles want a first rounder. All this is a set up for Chippy to deal for Mariota, who he believes can win multiple Superbowls.

What would be really funny is if this deal did go through and the Eagles couldn't trade up for Mariota. Chippy would then have his pick between Butt Fumble and Manziel as his starting QBs. If so, this couldn't happen to a better guy -- or team.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard mention that this was not a true rumor but Philly radio was all over it yesterday. Fascinating implications however.

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard mention that this was not a true rumor but Philly radio was all over it yesterday. Fascinating implications however.

True or not, I've never seen a coach or any NFL personnel guy like Chippy. As nutty as this might sound and for all the moving parts it would take for Chippy to get Mariota, he's one of the only guys I'd think would be crazy enough to try to pull something like this off. :crazy:

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True or not, I've never seen a coach or any NFL personnel guy like Chippy. As nutty as this might sound and for all the moving parts it would take for Chippy to get Mariota, he's one of the only guys I'd think would be crazy enough to try to pull something like this off. :crazy:
He's been successful with a roster that was essentially not his the last 2 years. He thinks waaaaaaay the hell outside the box from most. He's gonna do it his way. And he's intelligent no doubt.

I'd be amazed if he landed MM. But it's almost impossible to glean the truth with all his machinations. I'd find it even more ironic if it ended up being a deal with the Skins that gave him MM.

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's been successful with a roster that was essentially not his the last 2 years. He thinks waaaaaaay the hell outside the box from most. He's gonna do it his way. And he's intelligent no doubt.

I'd be amazed if he landed MM. But it's almost impossible to glean the truth with all his machinations. I'd find it even more ironic if it ended up being a deal with the Skins that gave him MM.

If it is a deal with his, tell him to bring the farm. A jump from 20 to 5 will be enormous. He'll need to give up Philly's first and second this year, its first next year and a second rounder in 2016 or a player. If that player is Michael Kendricks, that's a deal.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it is a deal with his, tell him to bring the farm. A jump from 20 to 5 will be enormous. He'll need to give up Philly's first and second this year, its first next year and a second rounder in 2016 or a player. If that player is Michael Kendricks, that's a deal.

I'm just glad we have SM not CK as our GM.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the tweet I was thinking of...

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manziel has almost no value. And then add in the fact that the Browns were already willing to trade 1st round pick to Rams for Bradford. On top of that, if MM is Chip's ultimate goal, why would he trade for Manziel?

In reality, this trade could have already happened initially at the time of the Rams/Eagles trade if it was going to happen at all. It would have been a 3-way trade with the Browns getting Bradford & the Eagles getting a 1st round pick. But it didn't happen.

This is just an unbelievable rumor.