• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Wild Card Steelers vs Bengals

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually thought they would bullshit call it an incomplete, juggling the ball, whatever shit.
To have the wherewithal to stay in control behind the leg was just wild.
Absolutely amazing. Maybe when all the SportsHoopla dies down they will refer to that play as the game winner.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I agree with penalty and any subsequent fines, I don't think his was purposely headhunting. If brown doesn't collapse to try and protect himself he takes a shouldn't r shot to the body. Ultimate the rules dictate burfict has to be I control where his hit ultimately lands so thfault is wth him. But to say he was trying to intentionally kill brown is bs.

Oh come on. He had a ton of time to change his direction, start to slow up after the catch was missed whatever. But he kept on going straight for the hit. Was he "headhunting"? I think at the very least he wanted to add a little emphasis to the play. Easy call for a penalty.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh come on. He had a ton of time to change his direction, start to slow up after the catch was missed whatever. But he kept on going straight for the hit. Was he "headhunting"? I think at the very least he wanted to add a little emphasis to the play. Easy call for a penalty.
Not questioning the penalty just the uproar of steelers fans that he aimed for his head....

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not questioning the penalty just the uproar of steelers fans that he aimed for his head....

He certainly didn't slow down, he continued along to hit Brown. He certainly wanted to clock him whether he was headed for his head or not. That's why you have the penalty, to help avoid these "inadvertent" hits. Some defensive players are still trying to use it as an excuse and in most cases, they can be avoided. And they can still make good tackles, hard hits etc in the process.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry joining the chat way too late but the shame of all the SportsHoopla (no pun intented) is the fact how well a Rooke QB played in McCarron, bringing his team from behind to gave them a chance to win. Then those two RB's for Pittsburgh averaged 4.4 yards/carry.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't want to get inadvertently hit then don't play.....

Or the player who takes advantage of the game to take the cheap-shot get penalized.. Players get hurt enough just playing the game and they'll do it willingly but getting rid of the a-holes doesn't hurt at this point.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is a fascinating piece of fiction.

Do you have any idea how hard it is to stop and change when you're coming in fast, not to mention the other guy is coming at your with head now leaning forward?

I really want to hear the NFL explain how you hit a guy who lowers his head. You'd have to roll on the ground to hit him, get speared, or dive out of the way and let him run by you. All terrible options. Putting the onus on the defender when the offensive player changes his pad level is flat out fucking retarded. There's not a good reason to do it, except they're too lazy to actually have people do their damn jobs. Suspending Burfict would be a flat out travesty. I can't even believe I'm saying this, but follow the NBA. They CORRECTLY didn't suspend Demarcus Cousins because they actually looked at reality instead of some fictional universe that got them the result they wanted.

That said, Porter not getting a flag is just an embarrassment. The fact that the NFL took the time to fine him at 8am and not others shows how bad the refs screwed up. Had they done that correctly, and the steelers kicker hits a 50 yarder, we're talking about a hell of a game, with an incredible kicker, the bungles being the bungles lead by Jeremy Hill's poetic ending to a disappointing sophomore campaign.

instead we're stuck with this shit. You flag porter the second hes out there...none of this shit happens.

If this crew gets another playoff game this century the NFL has made a terrible mistake.

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the article that was posted saying Burfict should be banned from the NFL was out of BALTIMORE. That's Ravens territory sir.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a fascinating piece of fiction.

Do you have any idea how hard it is to stop and change when you're coming in fast, not to mention the other guy is coming at your with head now leaning forward?

More than you think. Speaking of the myth of "Having no control". Particularly when you see other players try to change direction, start to slow up etc. ALL THE TIME. This guy showed NO EFFORT with any of that. He clearly wanted to get another shot in.

He kept talking to the ref that he hit Brown with his shoulder and not his head so he sure seems to have had time to do something more than speed out of control.

You can pull your head out of your butt now.

I really want to hear the NFL explain how you hit a guy who lowers his head. You'd have to roll on the ground to hit him, get speared, or dive out of the way and let him run by you. All terrible options. Putting the onus on the defender when the offensive player changes his pad level is flat out fucking retarded. There's not a good reason to do it, except they're too lazy to actually have people do their damn jobs. Suspending Burfict would be a flat out travesty. I can't even believe I'm saying this, but follow the NBA. They CORRECTLY didn't suspend Demarcus Cousins because they actually looked at reality instead of some fictional universe that got them the result they wanted.

He should be suspended 4 games and the game will be better off for it. You may even start to see players (except for the most stupid) do something different when this is no longer a valid excuse for a cheap shot. Most already are.

That said, Porter not getting a flag is just an embarrassment. The fact that the NFL took the time to fine him at 8am and not others shows how bad the refs screwed up. Had they done that correctly, and the steelers kicker hits a 50 yarder, we're talking about a hell of a game, with an incredible kicker, the bungles being the bungles lead by Jeremy Hill's poetic ending to a disappointing sophomore campaign.

instead we're stuck with this shit. You flag porter the second hes out there...none of this shit happens.

If this crew gets another playoff game this century the NFL has made a terrible mistake.

Last edited:

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More than you think. Speaking of the myth of "Having no control". Particularly when you see other players try to change direction, start to slow up etc. ALL THE TIME. This guy showed NO EFFORT with any of that. He clearly wanted to get another shot in.

He kept talking to the ref that he hit Brown with his shoulder and not his head so he sure seems to have had time to do something more than speed out of control.

He should be suspended 4 games and the game will be better off for it. You may even start to see players (except for the most stupid) do something different when this is no longer a valid excuse for a cheap shot. Most already are.

Please come back to reality. Brown changes his pad level. And the explanation that came out about the Bernard play sounds like it should apply to Brown. Brown took at least 2 steps after missing the ball, turned to his right AND lowered his head. That's probably a catch and fumble if he does hang on. So the difference between the 2 is Brown not making the catch? Despite everything else being the same?

How does that make sense?

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please come back to reality. Brown changes his pad level. And the explanation that came out about the Bernard play sounds like it should apply to Brown. Brown took at least 2 steps after missing the ball, turned to his right AND lowered his head. That's probably a catch and fumble if he does hang on. So the difference between the 2 is Brown not making the catch? Despite everything else being the same?

How does that make sense?
Look at the replay and see where Burket is relation to the play, when the ball was uncatchable and tell me he couldn't have done anything to alter his hit. Tell me he didn't want to give Brown a late shot.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

By your argument then, Shazier should be suspended for a blatant spearing of Bernard. Deliberately ducking his head to lead with the crown of the helmet to hit the RB in the helmet. And to call the RB here a runner is absolute BS - only intended to cover for the refs. If Bernard had dropped the ball at that point without a hit it would have been called incomplete, not a fumble every single time.

If Burfict knew what he was doing, then Shazier knew as well.