• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Wild Card Steelers vs Bengals

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They damn sure do, but idk about not very far.

Neither of the 1 or 2 seeds are playing their best ball right now....NE has OL issues and health problems overall and DEN is very sound on DEF, but maybe not the best OFC they can trot out.

Now on the CIN/PIT front...Bengals, should they win and get Dalton back I can see them winning in NE. PIT, I'm not sure which DEF is going to show up but I can see them winning in DEN next week...I didn't say I would bet on them but both would have a punchers chance next week.
NE and Denver aren't perfect teams but even with their deficiencies I still think they would be favored over the field at this point. Between Cincinnati and Pittsburgh the Bengals are the more well-rounded team even if the Steelers have a better offense.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bengals are going to get as good a chance as they are going to get.

If Williams is out, that frees up the defense to pin back and get Ben. Send some extra guys, or even double Brown, etc...Bengals defense is already good against the run, and without DW, Pitt will probably look to pass very often.

Weather is also a benefit....rain storms and 20 MPH winds. I'm a firm believer that the lower the score, the better the chance for the Bengals to win. If heavy rains do come through with winds, it will even further impact the passing offense. Another benefit for the Bengals.

If it simply comes down to running the ball and stopping the run, that does favor the Bengals.

We'll see.....

Although I'm fine with the Steeler run DEF...way more so than their pass DEF. But with PIT starting the 3rd option at RB...I would agree that would favor CIN, but not a great deal. I think both run DEFs are going to be pretty good.

My biggest fear in this game is the Steeler backend vs AJ/Eifert, and company. I think the OC that gets a TD on the board 1st will be big if the weather is a serious factor.

As I stated in the Steeler room I like the vet QB over the guy with a handful of starts, but I expect a good game. Could go either way...especially if Butler doesn't get much heat on McCarron...if he does I think PIT moves on.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NE and Denver aren't perfect teams but even with their deficiencies I still think they would be favored over the field at this point. Between Cincinnati and Pittsburgh the Bengals are the more well-rounded team even if the Steelers have a better offense.

I don't think anything close to perfection exists this year in the AFC...no doubt DEN and NE would be favored against both PIT & CIN, but slight imo...I don't expect 6 pt lines, 3.5 to 4 is what I would expect DEN to have maybe 4.5 to 5 for NE.

CIN...they are a more balanced team than PIT and imo have better talent top to bottom than any team in the playoffs except maybe AZ. Battling a negative history in the playoffs...if they get over that hump vs PIT...I can see them beating NE.

PIT...more risky, but more dangerous.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although I'm fine with the Steeler run DEF...way more so than their pass DEF. But with PIT starting the 3rd option at RB...I would agree that would favor CIN, but not a great deal. I think both run DEFs are going to be pretty good.

My biggest fear in this game is the Steeler backend vs AJ/Eifert, and company. I think the OC that gets a TD on the board 1st will be big if the weather is a serious factor.

As I stated in the Steeler room I like the vet QB over the guy with a handful of starts, but I expect a good game. Could go either way...especially if Butler doesn't get much heat on McCarron...if he does I think PIT moves on.
I think I saw where Pitt was giving up nearly 4 YPC over the past 3 games against playoff teams, or maybe just the past 3 games? Can't remember. Though, the same can be said for the Pitt defense as it can Cincy, just as they can pin back and go after Ben, Pitt can load up the box and go after Hill/Bernard without much threat of a passing game from AJM.

It'll be interesting, for sure.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well congrats on your benevolent gay towel waving.

Says the guy who waves Brady's jockstrap when NE wins and crys into it when they lose or get caught cheating again and again and again and etc.....

NorthCoastSteelersFan

Sleep...now.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IAATP

Get back to us when your fan base stops waving their ghey little turrible towels around. Now THAT'S as fem as it gets.

The only thing more fem is having a pampered prima donna for a QB, with an overprotective rule named after him.

NorthCoastSteelersFan

Sleep...now.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget that can't win without cheating.

True...but I didn't want to be overly verbose...or I would have gotten into the fact that his fans mistakenly think he's the greatest QB of all time, when he's just a great pocket passer. Chase him out, pressure him a little, maybe hit him a time or two, and he folds like a house of cards...cries like a baby, too.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, quite the sensitive bunch.

i guess you pats dont have anything to wave cause them cameras and deflated footballs could poke and eye out if you waved those huh?

Cameras and deflated footballs would be less fem than a cute little yellow towel.

Says the guy who waves Brady's jockstrap when NE wins and crys into it when they lose or get caught cheating again and again and again and etc.....

Have never waved Brady's jockstrap but again, if I did, it would be less fem than a cute little yellow towel.

The only thing more fem is having a pampered prima donna for a QB, with an overprotective rule named after him.

But see, the fans aren't responsible for Brady, just themselves and we don't wave cute little yellow towels all game long.

Don't forget that can't win without cheating.

Actually, we can win without cheating and we can win without waving cute little yellow towels around and around.

You guys obviously see how fem it is and that's why you've gotten yer panties bunched up about my observation.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IAATP

Get back to us when your fan base stops waving their ghey little turrible towels around. Now THAT'S as fem as it gets.
Towels are for girls yo. God help the person who comes across a NE Homer who chooses to "air dry" so as to not appear feminine.

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, quite the sensitive bunch.

Cameras and deflated footballs would be less fem than a cute little yellow towel.

Have never waved Brady's jockstrap but again, if I did, it would be less fem than a cute little yellow towel.

But see, the fans aren't responsible for Brady, just themselves and we don't wave cute little yellow towels all game long.

Actually, we can win without cheating and we can win without waving cute little yellow towels around and around.

You guys obviously see how fem it is and that's why you've gotten yer panties bunched up about my observation.

wus a matter little one nobody talking about the patsies is that what has your undies in a knot

NorthCoastSteelersFan

Sleep...now.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Towels are for girls yo. God help the person who comes across a NE Homer who chooses to "air dry" so as to not appear feminine.

Someone should probably tell Homer about the curse.

Bad things happen to those who disrespect the towel.

Remember the Tennessee player who wiped his feet on one? His team had the best regular season record in the AFC...but after his misconduct, they didn't make it to the SB. Gee...I wonder who did? :think:

And of course, that player has faded into obscurity. You'd have to look in the No Rings Hall of Fame to find his name today.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I do use towels, I just don't wave them around like a fem and call them TERRIBLE.

Maybe, but you've yet to prove that. Quite the opposite really.

SB balls were reg.

wus a matter little one nobody talking about the patsies is that what has your undies in a knot

Who's got their undies in a knot? The guy poking fun at fems or the fems who are deflecting?

Someone should probably tell Homer about the curse.

Bad things happen to those who disrespect the towel.

Remember the Tennessee player who wiped his feet on one? His team had the best regular season record in the AFC...but after his misconduct, they didn't make it to the SB. Gee...I wonder who did? :think:

And of course, that player has faded into obscurity. You'd have to look in the No Rings Hall of Fame to find his name today.

What have I done? I'm so frightened.

Seriously you guys, if Pats fans started waving a little towel over their heads, I'd poke fun at them. You must be able to see how silly it looks.