• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why the Vikings didn't overpay for Sam Bradford...

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correcting grammar = fuckin loser
Who gives a sht? This is a message board and I am pretty sure no one is going to receive any grades for their comments. Hell......a lot of my comments are full are grammatical fuckups because often many of our posts can have some emotional attachment to it. I don't bother to proofread.

Triggered.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Triggered.

Complete Utter Bullshit. You started this crap when you quoted and bolded some grammatical errors from Manster. You ignored the football content and focused on things that were irrelevent.

So bottom line is that you are full of shit. This is not the first time you had your ass handed to you in a thread and resorted in deflecting the debate to irrelevent rhetoric.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The price the Vikings paid wasn’t as steep as you think it was. Consider, in 7 years in the NFL, Sam Bradford has had 6 different Offensive Coordinators. He has been on bad teams where the number one receiver would barely be a number 2 on most teams. Seriously, name a receiver that he played with on the Rams that was any good? My point is many QB’s are either better for their surroundings or worse. Sam has been obviously been in some pretty bad surroundings in his career. I think it’s safe to say that this is the best team and coaching staff he’s ever been around and for once he’ll have the fortune of being better because of it. So Packer fans by all means bash the Vikings for giving up a first round pick for a qb that has the potential to be very good, just remember a few of your first round picks over the last 10 years, Derek Sherrod, Justin Harrell, AJ Hawk. My point is 1st rounders aren’t automatic pro-bowlers, it’s a crap-shoot most times. For every Aaron Rodgers or Adrian Peterson there is a Jamarcus Russell or Trent Richardson.

I think the big difference is that the Vikes did not draft Bradford in the first round not knowing how good he would be. Instead the Vikes gave up a first round pick for him after they saw what he could do over the 5 or 6 years he had previously been in the league. There is a big difference there.

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Complete Utter Bullshit. You started this crap when you quoted and bolded some grammatical errors from Manster. You ignored the football content and focused on things that were irrelevent.

So bottom line is that you are full of shit. This is not the first time you had your ass handed to you in a thread and resorted in deflecting the debate to irrelevent rhetoric.

Ultra triggered.

You guys don't focus on what's relevant and blame Bradford for his team's woes. Why the fuck wouldn't I return the favor.

Save the emotion filled response.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ultra triggered.

You guys don't focus on what's relevant and blame Bradford for his team's woes. Why the fuck wouldn't I return the favor.

Save the emotion filled response.

You've diverted from the original topic. The Vikings overpaid for Bradford. A 1st and 4th (potentially 1st and 3rd) is too much for a stop-gap mediocre QB to go .500. Those draft picks could be better used to build the O-line or draft a potential replacement for Teddy (if his injury proves career-ending).

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You've diverted from the original topic. The Vikings overpaid for Bradford. A 1st and 4th (potentially 1st and 3rd) is too much for a stop-gap mediocre QB to go .500. Those draft picks could be better used to build the O-line or draft a potential replacement for Teddy (if his injury proves career-ending).

Nah - I didn't divert. When I realize I am speaking to people who refuse to weigh the circumstances then the conversation is over.

You made it clear already that you don't understand the circumstances yourself. As you said they should use those picks for O-Line. Their O-line was just fine on September 11th but when it loses 3 1st rounders things change.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah - I didn't divert. When I realize I am speaking to people who refuse to weigh the circumstances then the conversation is over.

You made it clear already that you don't understand the circumstances yourself. As you said they should use those picks for O-Line. Their O-line was just fine on September 11th but when it loses 3 1st rounders things change.

Ranking all 32 NFL Offensive Lines Entering 2016

Their O-line was average at best entering the season. Lost 3 1st rounders? Are you counting losing the corpse of Jake Long as losing a 1st round OT? 1st rounders that don't live up to that billing (like Smith, taken #6 overall and playing on the right side) don't mean that much. According to OurLads, of their linemen only their center (Berger at #8) was among the top 20 at their position.

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ranking all 32 NFL Offensive Lines Entering 2016

Their O-line was average at best entering the season. Lost 3 1st rounders? Are you counting losing the corpse of Jake Long as losing a 1st round OT? 1st rounders that don't live up to that billing (like Smith, taken #6 overall and playing on the right side) don't mean that much. According to OurLads, of their linemen only their center (Berger at #8) was among the top 20 at their position.

Read it.

The Vikings revamped part of their line in free agency, adding Alex Boone and Andre Smith, which also allows Brandon Fusco to move back to right guard. The line is full of players who graded better in previous years than they did in 2015—that’s outside of Joe Berger, of course, who played so well as John Sullivan’s replacement that Sullivan was released from the roster this offseason. This is a line that, if everyone is at their best, will be very good; if not, it will be below-average.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read it.

The Vikings revamped part of their line in free agency, adding Alex Boone and Andre Smith, which also allows Brandon Fusco to move back to right guard. The line is full of players who graded better in previous years than they did in 2015—that’s outside of Joe Berger, of course, who played so well as John Sullivan’s replacement that Sullivan was released from the roster this offseason. This is a line that, if everyone is at their best, will be very good; if not, it will be below-average.

Expecting players to be at their very best is akin to saying "in a perfect world" or "if they reach their potential". In other words, lower your expectations. They ranked the line at 15, so clearly they didn't believe that everyone could play at their best.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was part of the question. I am still right.

No you weren't. The word was not a question, the sentence was the question. So the question mark ended the sentence.

Why is this such a big deal to you? oh noes, you made a grammar mistake. But you MUST be right so you keep saying others are wrong.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver, Seattle, Pittsburgh and NY all won SBs with bad olines. Why? Because they had top tier defenses and QBs that made plays in tight games. Minnesota has the defense, but they have a nut less QB.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never heard anyone claim that the Vikings would be in the NFCCG because of their oline at the start of the season.