• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why the bashing on the Falcons??

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I swear to God if I hear one more analyst tell me they " Dont buy Atlanta" I am going to freak out. This team has a top 5 scoring defense, a top 10 scoring offense, a top 10 total offense, is the least penalized team in the NFL, is top 5 in turnover margin. The reason all thse jackasses give for not believing in Atlanta is that they play lots of close games so I thought Id actually look and see if they played an inordinate amount of 1 possession games. Here is what I found. The Falcons are 6-1 in games decided by one possession or less. The other first place teams are as follows

NY Giants 3-4 in one possession games ( same amount as Atlanta way worse record)
SF 4-1-1 in one possession games ( 1 less than Atlanta)
GB 3-3 in one possession games ( 1 less than Atlanta)
Houston 6-0 in one possession games ( 1 less than Atlanta)
Baltimore 6-2 in one possession games ( 1 more than Atlanta)
Denver 4-2 in one possession games ( 1 less than Atlanta)
New England 3-3 in one possession games ( 1 less than Atlanta)

- So basically every single first place team in the NFL has played almost the same amount of close games. So I ask why would anyone not "buy" a team that actually WINS the close games instead of losing them?? Would it be better if the Falcons were 8-4 and lost 3 of the close ones?? LOL.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think it is backlash for the stupid "matty ice" nickname :)

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honeslty have never seen so little respect for an 11-1 team, hell even the Texans arent getting much love but still more than Atlanta.

ritari330

Only a myth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Atlanta deserves some credit, but they still haven't won a playoff game. As soon as they win a playoff game, they'll get more love.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Atlanta deserves some credit, but they still haven't won a playoff game. As soon as they win a playoff game, they'll get more love.

For sure, agree 100% but that still doesnt explain the analysts and experts saying they dont buy into Atlanta. I dont need them to be Super Bowl favorites but dont try to tell me they arent a REALLY good team. Hell to hear half the experts you would think the falcons are a .500 team.

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really think it boils down to their schedule this year and who they played. I saw from the beginning of the season that their division had a brutal schedule, and I didn't expect the division winner to escape with more than 9 wins. In a way, I think the collective records of every team in that division has skewed some people's perceptions of how good Atlanta is. On top of that is the fact that it was their turn to play the AFC West this year and that division just flat out stunk this year.

I have to admit, I'm one of the doubters. They're a good team, but until they can get by Seattle, I'm gonna have reservations about them.

rucifel

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow this board is a ghost town, you guys gonna fill that stadium sunday?

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rmilia, I was wondering why you spent so much time on our board. Now I know. Holy fuck, are you the only Falcons fan on SportsHoopla?

C'mon over any time. This place is depressing.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is pretty sad.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's because that 2 point playoff loss hovers over them like a dark cloud and it's the first thing arm chair QB's think of when it's time to analyze the Falcons. I think SJ is going to make them very good this year.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I swear to God if I hear one more analyst tell me they " Dont buy Atlanta" I am going to freak out. This team has a top 5 scoring defense, a top 10 scoring offense, a top 10 total offense, is the least penalized team in the NFL, is top 5 in turnover margin.

The national media still remembers this playoff history;

• getting run out of their building vs GB,
  • scoring 2 points vs NYG
  • despite having a lofty record they were taken to the brink by SEA with a rookie QB at home last yr
  • more or less shut out in the 2nd half @ home in the NFCC gm.

I like the Falcons but don't consider myself biased...Here are the concerns I have this yr...ALL DEF...has the DL improved? Especially the DTs...those are decent players, but not studs. Because they're not studs, the DEs have to be exceptional and they've been just pretty good. Same LB core that has trouble with coverage.

Easy to say if they sign Abraham again they are better, but imo Seymour would add much needed depth and presence inside. Maybe would create more blitz lanes for Spoon....I think the back 4 is under rated even with a rookie starting @ CB.

ugafan6612

Oh I really like boobs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah our secondary isn't bad anymore like I'm used to seeing. Mike Nolan knows what he's doing with the guys