• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why no MLS forum?

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been curious about this for a while. Why is there no MLS section on the hoop? It's growing fairly steadily in popularity and size over the past decade while all the other leagues have basically been stagnant. Pile on top of that that the MLS site is possibly the worst league sight for trying to discuss anything I feel if there was a place for folks to talk MLS the hoop could get more traffic and quality posters.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would there be an MLS section when there is already a Soccer section? Most of these hicks think soccer is gay and don't understand the complexity and physicality of a great sport like soccer.

williewilliejuan

Giant Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the same reason there isn't a "a bunch of fhegs running around aimlessly in the park for 90 minutes" forum.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because MLS sucks ass?

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would there be an MLS section when there is already a Soccer section? Most of these hicks think soccer is gay and don't understand the complexity and physicality of a great sport like soccer.
True, but on the MLS sight the posters are always bitching about what shit the sight is. I think if there was a forum here and they knew about it they might come for some discussion and hopefully the community here would grow.
As to the why a separate forum. NFL and college football have separate forums and an ass ton of sub forums. Why not a sub forum under soccer for the MLS at least and maybe update the favorite team area for soccer.

williewilliejuan

Giant Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defensive lot around here. Let's face it, fellas. Your "sport" routinely features contests that end in a 0-0 tie. In other words, nothing actually happened and the end result would have been no different had the participants not even showed up. It's a shit sport that only enjoys popularity because it can be played in dirt-poor countries where they only need a clear piece of land, a bunch of dudes willing to run around aimlessly for a while and a roughly spherical object to kick - like a melon or the decapitated head of some poor sap who just died of some exotic disease. Don't read more into it than that.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defensive lot around here. Let's face it, fellas. Your "sport" routinely features contests that end in a 0-0 tie. In other words, nothing actually happened and the end result would have been no different had the participants not even showed up. It's a shit sport that only enjoys popularity because it can be played in dirt-poor countries where they only need a clear piece of land, a bunch of dudes willing to run around aimlessly for a while and a roughly spherical object to kick - like a melon or the decapitated head of some poor sap who just died of some exotic disease. Don't read more into it than that.
I could just as easily say the "athletes" in your favorite sports would probably die if they couldn't take a break every minute or so. With the exception of POSSIBLY basketball none of the big sports could handle playing a half of their game without having a guaranteed break in action. And yes it's popular in poor countries because it's easy to play with very little equipment, but how do you explain Europe or Japan where it's immensely popular despite them not being third world countries? If your "theory" were true American Football should be dominating over there, right? There no need to bash a sport simply because your either too lazy, ignorant, or stupid to understand the game.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mls isnt the premier league and last seasons dedicated thread didnt even make it past two pages......start a 2016 thread in here if you want but it is never getting its own subsection

2015 MLS Soccer Thread

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mls isnt the premier league and last seasons dedicated thread didnt even make it past two pages......start a 2016 thread in here if you want but it is never getting its own subsection

2015 MLS Soccer Thread
Well excuse me for suggesting an idea to make the board more welcoming for MLS fans. I don't suppose they don't stick around because the options for favorite teams in the soccer section includes only a handful of MLS teams one that literally was dissolved a few years ago. That probably has NO influence on them staying.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but on the MLS sight the posters are always bitching about what shit the sight is. I think if there was a forum here and they knew about it they might come for some discussion and hopefully the community here would grow.
As to the why a separate forum. NFL and college football have separate forums and an ass ton of sub forums. Why not a sub forum under soccer for the MLS at least and maybe update the favorite team area for soccer.

Dude, there are only a handful of posters that even talk about soccer on this website. There is no need for an MLS forum when we can hardly get people to discuss the World Cup and Euro Cup when it's being played. Trust me, there aren't enough people on the HOOP that even understand how soccer works, let alone talk about the complexities of formations, plays and set pieces. It takes a high IQ in sports knowledge to follow soccer.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could just as easily say the "athletes" in your favorite sports would probably die if they couldn't take a break every minute or so. With the exception of POSSIBLY basketball none of the big sports could handle playing a half of their game without having a guaranteed break in action. And yes it's popular in poor countries because it's easy to play with very little equipment, but how do you explain Europe or Japan where it's immensely popular despite them not being third world countries? If your "theory" were true American Football should be dominating over there, right? There no need to bash a sport simply because your either too lazy, ignorant, or stupid to understand the game.
Soccer players don't sprint the entire game. I don't know why fans always claim they do? They run a hell of a lot but play does slow down enough allowing players far from the action to take it easy.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Soccer players don't sprint the entire game. I don't know why fans always claim they do? They run a hell of a lot but play does slow down enough allowing players far from the action to take it easy.
Agreed, but there literally are no timeouts and theoretically if the ball never goes out of touch and there are no fouls or goals there would be no stoppage of play for 45 minutes. I never said they sprint the whole game, but physically they probably have far greater endurance than the majority of athletes in other major sports. If we add in the fact that they play both offense and defense and are only allowed to substitute 3 players the entire match I don't think there's much to argue on the point.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, there are only a handful of posters that even talk about soccer on this website. There is no need for an MLS forum when we can hardly get people to discuss the World Cup and Euro Cup when it's being played. Trust me, there aren't enough people on the HOOP that even understand how soccer works, let alone talk about the complexities of formations, plays and set pieces. It takes a high IQ in sports knowledge to follow soccer.
I was saying we could probably gain more posters here if we created one and lured all the folks over at the MLS website that bitch about how bad the place is for discussion. Is there anything wrong with creating a place for them to come and talk about it?

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Soccer players don't need timeouts or pads covering their entire body. Just one 14 minute break at halftime and some shin guards. They run between 8-11 miles in a 90 minute game, all while taking a physical beating by other equally impressive physical warriors.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was saying we could probably gain more posters here if we created one and lured all the folks over at the MLS website that bitch about how bad the place is for discussion. Is there anything wrong with creating a place for them to come and talk about it?

what MLS website are you talking about?

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, but there literally are no timeouts and theoretically if the ball never goes out of touch and there are no fouls or goals there would be no stoppage of play for 45 minutes. I never said they sprint the whole game, but physically they probably have far greater endurance than the majority of athletes in other major sports. If we add in the fact that they play both offense and defense and are only allowed to substitute 3 players the entire match I don't think there's much to argue on the point.
To be fair, they are only using their legs for running where other athletes such as football players would be using their arms and legs to run and push etc. Its tough to compare a lot of sports when to comes to endurance. I will say swimming is the cream of the crop when it comes to endurance compared to most sports.