• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why isn't Dalton in consideration for rookie of the year?

SouthPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
CAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMM? :boss:

Is Newtons glorious rookie season really shadowing his? I mean at least Daltons winning. There's probably already a thread up about this and I apologize, but Dalton does the #1 thing for his team and thats put up W's. W's = MVPs imo.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMM? :boss:

Is Newtons glorious rookie season really shadowing his? I mean at least Daltons winning. There's probably already a thread up about this and I apologize, but Dalton does the #1 thing for his team and thats put up W's. W's = MVPs imo.

Difference is, Andy has a defense. I didn't think he would amount to much, but he has proved me wrong. Cam is in the drivers seat for rookie of the year. Unless Dalton makes the playoffs and takes them to teh AFC Championship game, I don't think him or AJ stand a chance.

Skinnyfats

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Dalton can get the Bengals to the playoffs they may consider it. If not then Cam is going to win it by the numbers he is putting up. Funny how many games he isn't winning though. Thought that is all that matters but guess not. Maybe we should check with Marino.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Cam Newton's on pace for 5400 yds of offense and 36 total tds...

he's arguably having the best rookie season of any player in NFL history.

Dalton's having a great yr, and there's no shame in getting an honorable mention

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carolina's defense can't keep them in games, so it's hard to tell just how good Cam can be. People are just so wowed by his athletic ability at this point he could lose every game and still win rookie of the year. AJ Green needs some consideration though, he's going to keep making highlight reels as well.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple of thoughts:

1) Tide is turning. At least twice on ESPN radio this week they were discussing the idea that Dalton should be rookie of the year. Let's see how the last 8 weeks play out.

2) AJ Green is taking away some of his votes. In any other season (when rookie quarterbacks generally struggle), AJ Green would be the frontrunner for ROY.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect Demarco Murray to come into the discussion during this second half of the season. He's just become a factor in the last 3 weeks and he's sitting at 80/539 /6.7

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect Demarco Murray to come into the discussion during this second half of the season. He's just become a factor in the last 3 weeks and he's sitting at 80/539 /6.7

It will be tough for him to win.... Normally the Cowboys fly way under the radar - It's like the national media just chooses to ignore them all together. :D

cravnravn

Hoopla Cash
$ 850.00
If the Bengals can win 3 out of the next 4, Cam will be a thing of the past. AJ & Howdie Doody's name will be the talk of the town.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's true. However, the Cowboys are talking about getting Felix Jones reintegrated into the running game, which could take away from his opportunities. I picked up Demarco Murray in my other fantasy league, fun stuff.

BigBlueNation111

Let The Games Begin!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cam Newton's on pace for 5400 yds of offense and 36 total tds...

he's arguably having the best rookie season of any player in NFL history.

Dalton's having a great yr, and there's no shame in getting an honorable mention

Amen too that! Cam's the man but Dalton will get all the luv from us Bengal faithful!!...and thats all that matter's!;)