• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why Don't The Cavs Trade Lebron?

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many reports for a while have said he's as good as gone. Well, if that's true then it would only be logical to trade him for something rather than lose him for nothing just like they recently did with Kyrie. I'm sure you can get something out of him even if it's just a potential one year rental. Stock up on draft picks and young players to start the rebuilding process.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has a no trade clause......
024-eot-end-of-thread.jpg

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry... the Cav's lost Kyrie Irving "for nothing"?

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many reports for a while have said he's as good as gone. Well, if that's true then it would only be logical to trade him for something rather than lose him for nothing just like they recently did with Kyrie. I'm sure you can get something out of him even if it's just a potential one year rental. Stock up on draft picks and young players to start the rebuilding process.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do some posters open up the most idiotic threads? That's the real question.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL @ OP not knowing random trivial things like the finer details of LBJ's contract. Let's all make fun of OP like a bunch of little kids now.

In all fairness I expected this from these boards but I'm too lazy to look up for myself so thank you for answering the question for me bksballer

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL @ OP not knowing random trivial things like the finer details of LBJ's contract. Let's all make fun of OP like a bunch of little kids now.

In all fairness I expected this from these boards but I'm too lazy to look up for myself so thank you for answering the question for me bksballer

Not trying to make fun here, but it is common knowledge that LeBron has a no trade clause. He is one of a very small number of players that do. This has been discussed at length all over every sports talk show ever since the Kyrie drama started. It is kind of hard for anybody who follows the NBA to miss that.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not trying to make fun here, but it is common knowledge that LeBron has a no trade clause. He is one of a very small number of players that do. This has been discussed at length all over every sports talk show ever since the Kyrie drama started. It is kind of hard for anybody who follows the NBA to miss that.

Sure, common knowledge for people that actually pay attention or have time to pay attention to NBA offseason news.

I haven't heard it talked about once (first take, Skip Bayless show, radio shows, etc.) In the end before three days ago I literally had no time to follow this stuff like many of these posters do.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, common knowledge for people that actually pay attention or have time to pay attention to NBA offseason news.

I haven't heard it talked about once (first take, Skip Bayless show, radio shows, etc.) In the end before three days ago I literally had no time to follow this stuff like many of these posters do.

Well, this is the NBA thread. We all pay attention to that stuff here. Especially those posting in September.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, this is the NBA thread. We all pay attention to that stuff here. Especially those posting in September.

Understood, which is why I asked the question because I figured most posters had this common knowledge and as I stated before I didn't have the time to invest in this offseason previous to the last few days. Thanks for the reply.

That's too bad the Cavs could lose LBJ, and Thomas next season. They'll be left with a top five first rounder at least.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Understood, which is why I asked the question because I figured most posters had this common knowledge and as I stated before I didn't have the time to invest in this offseason previous to the last few days. Thanks for the reply.

That's too bad the Cavs could lose LBJ, and Thomas next season. They'll be left with a top five first rounder at least.

That is why it is a great trade for them. If LeBron walked, 1 year of Kyrie would be nearly worthless. You either want to be a contender or really bad in the NBA. Cleveland will go immediately from contender to sucking if LBJ leaves.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is why it is a great trade for them. If LeBron walked, 1 year of Kyrie would be nearly worthless. You either want to be a contender or really bad in the NBA. Cleveland will go immediately from contender to sucking if LBJ leaves.

The Kyrie trade was a great trade for them because it was the best possible deal they could've gotten even if they do lose LBJ and Thomas at least they have one more year of being competitive and a potential top 5 pick next season. Danny was desperate and believed acquiring Kyrie now would be enough to beat the Cavs this season and combined with the stockpile of high picks in the future they will have the longevity to outlast the older Warriors and eventually win a title down the road.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Kyrie trade was a great trade for them because it was the best possible deal they could've gotten even if they do lose LBJ and Thomas at least they have one more year of being competitive and a potential top 5 pick next season. Danny was desperate and believed acquiring Kyrie now would be enough to beat the Cavs this season and combined with the stockpile of high picks in the future they will have the longevity to outlast the older Warriors and eventually win a title down the road.

That is just it. The Warriors aren't really older.

Unless Danny thinks Tatum and Brown are core pieces to a championship team. The Brooklyn pick they lost could end up being that franchise guy. Time will tell.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Unless Danny thinks Tatum and Brown are core pieces to a championship team. The Brooklyn pick they lost could end up being that franchise guy. Time will tell.

Danny's not worried about picks with many still at his disposal as they still have a potential top 5 pick next year from the Lakers, First rounder picks from Clippers, Grizzles and Kings picks in 2019 and 2020 (minus Kings in 2020).

Their two best players in Curry and Durant will be in their 30's next year so they're a little older than the two best players of the C's and the overall average age of the Warriors is older as well.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Warriors are in great shape for another 2 years.

After that- Klay will be up---- and the year after that Draymond. Durant is only officialy signed for 1 year and then 1 more yera with a player option.

Iggy makes 15M, 16M, and 17M the next 3 years.

Curry is at 35, 37, 40, 43, 46 the next 5.

They basically have this year and next year before tough decisions iwll have ot be made with more than just the ancillary pieces.

that is still crazy they still have draymond on the books for this year, plus 2 more and he doesnt make 20M in any year. That is a freaking amazing contract.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Danny's not worried about picks with many still at his disposal as they still have a potential top 5 pick next year from the Lakers, First rounder picks from Clippers, Grizzles and Kings picks in 2019 and 2020 (minus Kings in 2020).

Their two best players in Curry and Durant will be in their 30's next year so they're a little older than the two best players of the C's and the overall average age of the Warriors is older as well.
sorry to break it to you- the Celtics arent going anywhere until lebron leaves/retires from Cleveland----- and the Celtics trade just gave the Cavs ammo to go out and get another big time player if they so wanted to.

If the Cavs do pull off a deal for like a Marc Gasol or Cousins or whoever---- and he stays another 2 years- the Celtics wont be make it passed the Cavs--- and as soon as LeBron starts declining the potential powerhouse Sixers will be better than the Celtics.

Danny did nothing but close windows on 2 ends of the spectrum. If LeBron stays the trade Danny Ainge bid against himself to make will be the reason why and will be the reason for the Celtics window closing before it ever opened.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors are in great shape for another 2 years.

After that- Klay will be up---- and the year after that Draymond. Durant is only officialy signed for 1 year and then 1 more yera with a player option.

Iggy makes 15M, 16M, and 17M the next 3 years.

Curry is at 35, 37, 40, 43, 46 the next 5.

They basically have this year and next year before tough decisions iwll have ot be made with more than just the ancillary pieces.

that is still crazy they still have draymond on the books for this year, plus 2 more and he doesnt make 20M in any year. That is a freaking amazing contract.

If they lose Klay, they are still hands down the best team.

I, for one, am not convinced they lose either. The tax will be insane, but, Steph offered to take less and GS told him not to worry about it. That tells me they may not care about the tax. With such a dominant roster, apparel sales through the roof, and a sky high franchise valuation, it is hard to imagine any salary number too high to enable them to turn a profit.