• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why do we pull for Shitty Football Teams?

rfjeff9

THWG!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,435.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a GT fan, we always have a small hope of either beating UGA or winning the ACC.

Tech is an anomaly in CFB. Can come from out of nowhere in a year when all the planets align properly, all the powers can lose games, and this, at the end, are within shouting distance of #1 and absolutely cream a very good team in their bowl. And consequently are rewarded a share of a natty. Won't happen again in the next 50 years. Will happen in the next 100.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread is not for the Alabamas or the LSUs of the world. Neither for the tOSU or the USCw either. All 4 can bring it to an exceptionally great degree.

This thread if for those who know AT BEST, we MIGHT win a championship this century.

What the hell inspires the Georgia Tech fan to get excited in August? What gives Washington fans hope? Why do Notre Dame fans still HAVE hope? BYU? Central Florida?

Do Pitt fans really think they have a chance? Rutgers? Kansas?

Why do we follow the Mississippi States of the FBS and continue to hope for a miracle?

Historical Edit: All of the above will win a FBS Natty this century, except Rutgers and Kansas. And since Kansas will win uber-multiple Basketball championships, it sucks to be a Rutgers fan.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98nNpzE6gIs]Georgia Tech - Freshman Convocation - Epic Welcome Speech - YouTube[/ame]

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know. I blame Mike Shula for the last crappy team I pulled for.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought that most college football fans obviously root for the schools that they go to or went to. The question asked by the OP implies that's not the case, since it's only worth rooting for an "elite" team. The implication of that, of course, is that a lot of current 'Bama fans are going to become UH fans in the coming years.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went to the school. Like I'm going to not cheer for them. :noidea:

Plus we will end the season with from 6 to 8 wins. I wouldn't call them a trainwreck. We just underachieved a lot lately. It's a bad trend, but again, we're not a train wreck like when the coach who shall not named was there. That was a true test of any fan and most of them I know, we still stuck through it all. Maybe it's the passive aggressive nature of people in the NW. I'm sticking with my Dawgs no matter what. I'll love that school every day of my life. Top 25 in academics in the country and great athletic tradition. Very proud to be an alumni, no matter what.

Go Dawgs!!!

LSU

T-Shirt fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My sister is a Miss State grad and my wife will be soon. Thats why I kinda sorta maybe pretend to care about MSU.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because I went to Michigan State.

Kid Vicarious

FearLes
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because you have probably been born or raised to worship the lore of your teams Tradition. Because you went to school there and really felt like you were apart of the program and everything that was your school. Because when your team does win that big bowl game, when they do beat the number #1 team in the country, when they do finally win the NC... There isn't a better feeling in CFB.

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sac State!

Go Hornets!

bocomo007

Just some guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just so you know...i have been a diehard LSU fan my whole life. That includes when I was in school there in the mid 90s during some of the worst seasons our team has ever had

Makes the wins and success that much sweeter

:suds: