• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why did Morrow only throw 3.2 innings last night?

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't leave with discomfort or anything did he? I did see he threw 98 balls in that short of time, so maybe he just wasn't being effective. If he's hurt again already that would suck ass. I'm waiting for this kid to put it all together and have a 17-7 type season, but it just hasn't happened yet. He's got the stuff, but can't get it right. It's still hella early obviously, but that's why I was concerned about the limited innings he put out last night.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was a pitch count issue. Haven't seen anything about a trip to the DL or other issue like that.

At some point, we are going to have to stop treating Morrow like he's a kid that is coming off his rookie year where he showed great potential. He's 29 years old and this is his 8th year in the MLB, yet every year fans keep talking about his "potential", his great stuff, etc.

It seems just as possible that he's a dud. You can have great stuff, but if you haven't been able to put it together after 8 years, well, I'm done waiting. The guy really only had one legit year where he looked close to elite (2012). Most other years he was bad to horrible and plagued with injury issues.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn....has it really been 8 years already? I for some reason thought it was more 4-5, so I see your point there. I'm just hoping he stays healthy for the year, so we can actually see what he's capable of producing. I guess time will tell....

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been 8 years in the majors, but 4-5 with the Jays. Time flies when you're not having fun lol.

I agree though, I'd like to see Morrow healthy the entire year. It's not like the Jays currently have better options so it'd be nice to see him go a full year. And you know he'll give you those occassional Cy Young performances here and there (which at this point are more frustrating than anything!).

Dropping a double-header to the Twins...NOT GOOD. Needing to get at least one there. Dickey and McGowan look terrible this year. On the plus side, Buehrle is pretty much the best pitcher in the league so far.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't even believe McGowan actually ended up coming back. I'd never wish injury on him, but I'm kinda just waiting for something to happen to him. You're right though....he hasn't pitched well anyways.

Didn't like the Dickey signing from the second it happened. I'm glad the Jays only went two years on that deal.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice start by Morrow the other day. Should have had the win, but the bullpen blew the lead. Frustrating loss, but the pen has been decent so far this year. They kind of have to be because Morrow, McGowan and Hutch aren't going to go deep into games.