• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why all the negativity?

ProppRules

Flyers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
In the last 2 weeks we have had posts saying the Pronger sucks, that Carle is expendable, Walker is too slow to walk my dog, that Hartnell is garbage, that Shelley doesn't belong in the NHL (this one is actually true) that Carter is soft, that Bob lets in 2 weak goals per game, and that Boosh is back to sucking.
Yet the team is the best team in the entire league. Most wins, best win pct. and most points. THey are deep on offense, deep 1 through 8 on defense, and have solid goaltending that have only had maybe 3 poor games all year.
WHat am I missing?

soulxflare

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the last 2 weeks we have had posts saying the Pronger sucks, that Carle is expendable, Walker is too slow to walk my dog, that Hartnell is garbage, that Shelley doesn't belong in the NHL (this one is actually true) that Carter is soft, that Bob lets in 2 weak goals per game, and that Boosh is back to sucking.
Yet the team is the best team in the entire league. Most wins, best win pct. and most points. THey are deep on offense, deep 1 through 8 on defense, and have solid goaltending that have only had maybe 3 poor games all year.
WHat am I missing?

We aren't used to having a team this solid in all facets. We just need something to bitch about. ;)

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
its in the blood of 95 percent of philly fans to always be negative about something. they can't sit back and enjoy something awesome.

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a majority of the people bitch because they are not seeing a 60 minute effort night in and night out. As a fan who not only loves the game but has played for over 20 years myself it can be very frustrating to see a guy who makes millions of dollars(to play a game they supposedly love) dragging his ass on the ice after a few shifts.

Also it is totally the philly mentality to bitch about any short comings a home team has, well unless your a Eagles fan then you blindly believe each year that they actually have a shot and won't choke in the playoffs. :P

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
but at the same time, its kind of a testament to philly fans, because they always want their team to improve. the flyers, while first overall in the east, still have things they need work on. they need to work on full 60 minute efforts, their powerplay, and minor defensive lapses in the middle of games

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
images

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a majority of the people bitch because they are not seeing a 60 minute effort night in and night out.
...it can be very frustrating to see a guy who makes millions of dollars(to play a game they supposedly love) dragging his ass on the ice after a few shifts.

Are we related?? I swear....that is EXACTLY what I was going to post!! :eek:

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just feel like changes need to be made..........that is all. I will continue to lose sleep until these changes are made

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
never get complacent

and the pronger sucks thread was started at the beginning december :)

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you hate to see players not hustling, just look away when Zherdev doesn't have the puck...

True. Same with ********. The guy spent more time hanging high at the offensive blue line than back checking behind the play or knocking players off the puck. Lazy, lazy players.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am negative because, while this team is good, some players do not play to capability and cost this team points.

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WHat am I missing?

Exactly!!!