• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who's the best WR in football?

Who is the best WR in football?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:couch2:me when the ball is Antonio's hands
:whoo:me when he scores

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brown by a country mile

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i voted. but again, by the drop metric its amendola.

its actually antonio brown. hes a one man wrecking machine at WR. hes the only guy, i believe, on this list you would do anything to get the ball in his hands. screens, end arounds, direct snaps...whatever.

I'd go Julio Jones one, and Antonio Brown #2...the only draw back on AB...inside the 30 it's harder to get him the ball. But AB is the most dangerous player in the league with the ball in his hands.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd go:

1. Antonio Brown
2. Julio Jones
3. A healthy Dez Bryant
4. DeAndre Hopkins
5. Allen Robinson

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AB

End of discussion.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd go Julio Jones one, and Antonio Brown #2...the only draw back on AB...inside the 30 it's harder to get him the ball. But AB is the most dangerous player in the league with the ball in his hands.
You have a good point... But still, picking Julio over AB? :crazy:

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went Julio, but Brown is not far behind. In fact, it's a toss-up between those two, and I'll even throw in Hopkins who is on an abysmal team with crappy QB's and zero running game, and zero other WR's or TE's to even help take the pressure off in any way, shape or form.

Calvin looks like he's lost. He's been lionized. I know the look from past Bengalized players after so many years of losing. Just sucks the soul right out of you, no matter how good of a player you are.

Yes he has been lionized. Meaning that he's now stuck on a Lions team that doesn't know how to utilize him. And he's still on pace for around 1100 yards.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calvin Johnson should no longer be on the list. You can make a reasonable claim that Jordy Nelson belongs on the list. He's as productive as anyone and his absence has obviously hurt Green Bay big time. I chose Antonio Brown but Julio Jones is well deserving too. Jordy caught a ton of 50-50 balls. That was his best attribute, he helped Rodgers out immensely.

:pound: You're funny.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:pound: You're funny.
He's 11th in yards receiving, he's scored only 3 tds, he's 12th in receptions. Hey, I have always like and respected Calvin Johnson, he's just not the same difference maker he once was. Not a knock on him. I just don't think he's in the elite conversation any more. I'm still a fan of his though and always have been. The two previous years Jordy Nelson was every bit as productive. Look for yourself.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's 11th in yards receiving, he's scored only 3 tds, he's 12th in receptions. Hey, I have always like and respected Calvin Johnson, he's just not the same difference maker he once was. Not a knock on him. I just don't think he's in the elite conversation any more. I'm still a fan of his though and always have been. The two previous years Jordy Nelson was every bit as productive. Look for yourself.

He just needs to opportunities. The Lions' playcalling is baffling at times. He's definitely still an elite WR in this league.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He just needs to opportunities. The Lions' playcalling is baffling at times. He's definitely still an elite WR in this league.
you have to admit he's entering into that stage in his career though where he's not as gifted physically like he once was. Father time catches up to everyone. Like I said I've always been a fan of his. Stafford on the other hand I honestly can say I never was. I wasn't impressed with him at Georgia and I'm still not impressed with him plus the Lions offensive line is bad. Two years ago I would have said Calvin in a heartbeat.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you have to admit he's entering into that stage in his career though where he's not as gifted physically like he once was. Father time catches up to everyone. Like I said I've always been a fan of his. Stafford on the other hand I honestly can say I never was. I wasn't impressed with him at Georgia and I'm still not impressed with him plus the Lions offensive line is bad.

Of course he's not as fast as he was 5 years ago. But he's still physically dominant enough. I really wish that trade to the Panthers happened. A different environment and smarter QB would make all the difference.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course he's not as fast as he was 5 years ago. But he's still physically dominant enough. I really wish that trade to the Panthers happened. A different environment and smarter QB would make all the difference.
that would have been something, I actually was hoping somehow Ted Thompson- Green BAy's GM could find a way to get him but I knew that wasn't his style. He still has plenty of good years left , hate to see him waste it in Detroit.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember watching him when he played for Georgia Tech. He's was a man playing against boys at the time.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have too much of an issue with Antonio Brown as the #1. Julio Jones could certainly be considered. Calvin Johnson was the standard for about 5 years. A lot of these guys numbers seem to be meaningless however...probably a lot to do with the ease of passing in todays game.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that I'm biased, but I feel Hopkins has a great blend of speed, hops, ball skills, and hands. Hard to tell since his QBs have pretty much sucked, but he's putting up decent numbers so far in his limited career. IMO, it's between Johnson, Bryant, and Julio Jones if I'm being non-homerish.

I don't view this as a homerish pick honestly. I voted AB but Hopkins definitley has a case. There is probably nobody outside of Cleveland that has a worst QB situation than that of Hopkins. Yet we see week in and week out him going and making huge plays for his team even with teams knowing they stop him and they win. What he has happening right now reminds me of Larry Fitzgerald there for a few years where he had terrible QB play. It wasn't that he was a terrible receiver just nobody could even get it close to him. Now he has great QB play and look he is having a huge season. I think if Hopkins got even an average QB he would be probably top-3 in almost every WR category.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordy....

?

Not sure you can make the case. Stats wise while being consistently top-10 he has never really been top-3 in most every category. He did finish 2nd in touchdowns last year to Dez but that is about it. So while I do think Jordy is comfortably in the top-7 WR's in the NFL I just can't see anybody objectively considering him the top guy.