• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who's our number 2 RB?

Bracus

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Is it Hunter or Dixon? It seems Hunter is taking the spot. I only ask cause I drafted Frank and this year I'm actually gonna pick up his handcuff ahead of time.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ATM, i would imagine Dixon.... but if Hunter continues to do impact plays, I can't see Dixon holding on for too long.

Or if Dixon reverts back to his old self and practices his "So you think you can Dance" audition....then Hunter moves up by default.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Is it Hunter or Dixon? It seems Hunter is taking the spot. I only ask cause I drafted Frank and this year I'm actually gonna pick up his handcuff ahead of time.

As of now, Dixon is #2. It will be interesting to see how Harbaugh aligns them this week in practice and plays them on Saturday.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
ATM, i would imagine Dixon.... but if Hunter continues to do impact plays, I can't see Dixon holding on for too long.

Or if Dixon reverts back to his old self and practices his "So you think you can Dance" audition....then Hunter moves up by default.

That's funny!...

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish it was Hunter, but i would assume Dixon gets would be our #2 back at least for the start of the year. I hope Dixon does well, but i would rather see Hunter in there personally.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I wish it was Hunter, but i would assume Dixon gets would be our #2 back at least for the start of the year. I hope Dixon does well, but i would rather see Hunter in there personally.

I think it could change before the start of the season. Hunter definitely raised some eyebrows last night, but I don't think he changed the depth chart.

I would like to see Hunter catch some balls. That was perhaps the most noticible difference with Alex last night; all his passed were downfield.

Last edited by a moderator:

UgOtBuCkEd21GoRe

49ersMichiganDubsA's
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dixon. Dixon hasnt really done anything to lose it...yet, nor has hunter done enough to take it. If hunter approaches every game as he did against the raiders and dominates the rest of the pre-season and continues into the regular season, by the midway point hunter is going to jump ahead of dixon on the depth chart if not sooner. I dont see Dixon taking any big strides this year.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dixon. Dixon hasnt really done anything to lose it...yet, nor has hunter done enough to take it. If hunter approaches every game as he did against the raiders and dominates the rest of the pre-season and continues into the regular season, by the midway point hunter is going to jump ahead of dixon on the depth chart if not sooner. I dont see Dixon taking any big strides this year.

Yep, if he is as good as it seems, he should have no problem playing as expected against the best in the league. I'm excited to see what he can do against Phillips defense.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

don't draft either.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hunter after a couple games will be the #2, Dixon does not bring anything to the table

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still stand by Dixon being #2 but if it makes sense, I think Hunter will see the field more??? I bet there will be packages where Hunter is out there for a screen play...

yehyeh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hunter has to prove that he is a proficient blocker before he takes over the #2 position. I think he has proven to be a more efficient runner already but so much goes into the position that isn't about running. Saving your QBs ass is at the top of the list.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hunter has to prove that he is a proficient blocker before he takes over the #2 position. I think he has proven to be a more efficient runner already but so much goes into the position that isn't about running. Saving your QBs ass is at the top of the list.

Excellent point, especially when chances are the #2 RB will likely see the field on 3rd downs. Can't have another Lawrence Philips out there letting DBs go unblocked to kill the QB.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yhea, it would be stupid for him to handcuff Gore. It doesn't matter that the last time he played a full season was 2006.

he's talking about fantasy football so if Gore is out of action, neither Dixon nor Hunter will put up stats. or are you claiming one will?

i'd rather draft other back-up RB's with potential for more stats, say one of those RBBC types or a goal line RB like McGahee? there's no hard rule which says you have to handcuff YOUR RB?

btw - don't see SF being a quality offense this season, so even Gore may not get stats worthy of a round 1 pick?

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing is Hunter is a lot better in open space then Dixon, so if he can block, he will be #2

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think by mid-season, Hunter will clearly be the #2 back. He Gore gets hurt (knock on wood), he will be #1.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point I think it's getting close to a dead heat. Both RB's have looked very impressive thus far in the pre-season and both offer different things. At this point I think it would depend on the situation that we are in.

I would like to see Hunter go against more 1st stringers before I move him ahead. Dixon had a pretty good game against the Raiders starters. While Hunter was absolutely dominant against the Raiders 2nd and 3rd stringers. I would like to see them both go against the 1st string. I do think Hunter will eventually take over as #2 RB and eventually the starter.

The better these guys perform the more likely it is that we move on without Gore at some point in the near future.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
At this point I think it's getting close to a dead heat. Both RB's have looked very impressive thus far in the pre-season and both offer different things. At this point I think it would depend on the situation that we are in. I would like to see Hunter go against more 1st stringers before I move him ahead. Dixon had a pretty good game against the Raiders starters. While Hunter was absolutely dominant against the Raiders 2nd and 3rd stringers. I would like to see them both go against the 1st string. I do think Hunter will eventually take over as #2 RB and eventually the starter.

The better these guys perform the more likely it is that we move on without Gore at some point in the near future.

yeah, should Gore get hurt don't see us using only Dixon OR Hunter? they'll use both depending on the situation, or maybe lean to one depending on the day's opponent?

so from a fantasy football perspective.............how much stats would you expect from either one?

yeah looking to next year, they'll separate one way or other and coaches will figure it out.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still 2 more games to figure this out. It seems to be neck and neck with dixon having the slight edge. Will be interesting to see what happens.