• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who's on the coaching hot seat as of week 5?

WPS!

Hoopla Cash
$ 38.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was meaning more the Athletic Department and not the whole state. I have about three days of cold rainy weather experience with Arkansas and it was enough not to go back.
No worries, bud. Different strokes for different folks. And, Bert the Badger is our village idiot and a cross we will have to bear, for at least a little while longer.

Tin Man

Loquacious Constituent
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,025.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Tennessee fans are now understanding why hiring Mike DeBord as their OC was a bad choice.

The Vols are 108th in Bill Connelly's "explosiveness" metric. They've scored a total of 13 points in the second half of games against Oklahoma, Florida, and Arkansas.

In addition, Tennessee essentially does not have a quarterbacks coach. That task has fallen to Nick Sheridan (yes, that Nick Sheridan), who is a grad assistant.

Trip, fall, and skin your knees.

WPS!

Hoopla Cash
$ 38.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You notice I've been nice to you this week and last, haven't you Tinny?

Not once have I brought up Darren McFadden, Tee Martins' loss and the goal posts on Dickson Street, or even the Zero U and Florida melt-downs. I did notice the score this weekend, though.......:-)

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Want more?

Dobbs has seen his completion percentage drop six points and lost 0.6 YPA this year. You want those numbers to go the other way when your QB hits his upper class years.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Tennessee fans are now understanding why hiring Mike DeBord as their OC was a bad choice.

The Vols are 108th in Bill Connelly's "explosiveness" metric. They've scored a total of 13 points in the second half of games against Oklahoma, Florida, and Arkansas.

In addition, Tennessee essentially does not have a quarterbacks coach. That task has fallen to Nick Sheridan (yes, that Nick Sheridan), who is a grad assistant.
Thats interesting, just like our EER cousins, WE do not have a coach of the QB's....... How bout FIVE turnovers last week?!?

:L

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats interesting, just like our EER cousins, WE do not have a coach of the QB's....... How bout FIVE turnovers last week?!?

:L
You also run a 3-3-5 which has allowed something like 115 points in two games.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say Vandy, Arkansas, and Auburn are in need of a coach before the sec kicks them to the curb. Sakerlina too. And Tennessee. Speaking of UT, there's a rumor going around that Butch slapped a kid ... any truth to it? Any evidence yet?

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's an ESPN Insider article on this - Hot Seat Watch sets its sights on the SEC - Travis Haney Blog - ESPN
1. Mike London, Virginia
View attachment 37140
London is widely respected in coaching circles, but it’s not going to work out for him at Virginia. If that weren’t already clear, it became very evident Friday against Boise State.
The visiting Broncos were up 17-0 before the Cavaliers could blink, and they put up 56 at Scott Stadium.

I had been told before the season that change was imminent, potentially paired with the retirement of AD Craig Littlepage. We’ll see about Littlepage, but someone’s going to have to make a decision about London. And soon. Friday was a death knell. There’s no support for the program in its current state. The half-empty stands indicate that.​

Good riddance to both of them if that dream actually happens. I'd drive down to Charlottesville myself to help both of them to pack their bags if it gets them out quicker.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Petrino. Not that anyone cares :)

I'd almost be willing to bet my life that he's not fired after the season. Almost. They lost almost everyone, I can't imagine him getting fired during a rebuilding year, especially since he's still got a decent chance of getting them to a bowl.

dp_broncos

Possibly Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd almost be willing to bet my life that he's not fired after the season. Almost. They lost almost everyone, I can't imagine him getting fired during a rebuilding year, especially since he's still got a decent chance of getting them to a bowl.

They are 1-4 this season (Vandals). Since taking over, he's sitting at a 3-25 record.

He's gotta be sweatin it about now!

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are 1-4 this season (Vandals). Since taking over, he's sitting at a 3-25 record.

He's gotta be sweatin it about now!

My apologies, I was thinking Bobby Petrino.

Tin Man

Loquacious Constituent
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,025.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Want more?

Dobbs has seen his completion percentage drop six points and lost 0.6 YPA this year. You want those numbers to go the other way when your QB hits his upper class years.

Given that you are a singularly focused Michigan Man, I'll clue you in. My retorts along the lines of "May you bang your shins on the coffee table" are good-natured and usually applied when the recipient is either a pal or has something of a point. Dick heads are either ignored or told to fuck off.

May your favorite Maize & Blue garb be irreparably torn by a tipsy hot chick just passing by.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Helfrich seat warms up after a loss to the cougs this week :peep: