• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who would have ever picked

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Flyers and Habs in the ECF? That's what I love about hockey, you never know. Some teams get hot and pull together and play as TEAMS.

I love this game. It's not individual driven. Look at the NBA they are talking about LeBron not getting it done or Kobe or Shaq.

In hockey it's about the TEAM getting it done and that's what makes the sport great !!!!

Just my little rant.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I had the Flyers at the start of the season, but not at the beginning of the playoffs.

Never had the Habs sniffing anything outside of a first round exit.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Flyers and Habs in the ECF? That's what I love about hockey, you never know. Some teams get hot and pull together and play as TEAMS.

I love this game. It's not individual driven. Look at the NBA they are talking about LeBron not getting it done or Kobe or Shaq.

In hockey it's about the TEAM getting it done and that's what makes the sport great !!!!

Just my little rant.

Thats what I am getting out of this years playoffs more than anything. I dont really remember seeing 2 "Cinderella" teams in 1 conference so deep. It just reassures me that I should be nervous EVERY playoff series the Pens are involved in. Occasions like this wont be soon forgotten by any teams. I just hope Philly or Montreal can keep it up through the finals.

DerringerEagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Coming into the season, the Flyers were actually considered a contender in the East given their offseason additions. Montreal got nothing but flack for their small lineup and were told they were too small to even make the playoffs. Sure, coming back from 3-0 is incredible, but Montreal are still the Cinderella team given all the expectations and who they have had to play.

kenyg54

Only sane person out here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Just my little rant.

Well i did pick the Canadiens to win the Cup in a couple pools

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well i did pick the Canadiens to win the Cup in a couple pools

Did you really? Holy crap, I need to kiss your ass and ask for tonight's Lotto numbers. That's incredible !!

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coming into the season, the Flyers were actually considered a contender in the East given their offseason additions. Montreal got nothing but flack for their small lineup and were told they were too small to even make the playoffs. Sure, coming back from 3-0 is incredible, but Montreal are still the Cinderella team given all the expectations and who they have had to play.

True DE, The Flyers were one of the top picks in the east but the Habs? Wow.

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True DE, The Flyers were one of the top picks in the east but the Habs? Wow.

Yea but that was before we went through 6 goalies and half our rooster being injured. When we squeaked into the playoffs nobody expected us to beat the Devils even though we dominated them in the reg season. I think people are putting way to much emphasis on the Habs being a great cinderella story. They are just clicking well as a team and are riding a hot goalie. Carolina did the same thing last year! Not taking anything away from them, but I promise you they will have their hands full with a VERY confident Flyer's team!

DerringerEagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yea but that was before we went through 6 goalies and half our rooster being injured. When we squeaked into the playoffs nobody expected us to beat the Devils even though we dominated them in the reg season. I think people are putting way to much emphasis on the Habs being a great cinderella story. They are just clicking well as a team and are riding a hot goalie. Carolina did the same thing last year! Not taking anything away from them, but I promise you they will have their hands full with a VERY confident Flyer's team!

True but the Flyers have more than enough talent to cover those losses up. In the Habs' case, when they lost Markov, everyone thought that was basically it for them, but guys like Subban stepped in there and filled the holes very well. Even whipping boy D men like Hamerlik and Bergeron looked like quality NHL defencmen. Montreal has done more with less.

AS much as it pains me to think about the Flyers in the SCF, something tells me this is where Montreal's run ends.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Truth be told....when the season hadn't even started yet, I said that the Flyers would have plenty of guys to push people through the boards into the 3rd row of seating, but wouldn't have enough guys to put the puck in the net.

I never thought guys like Briere & Hartnell had enough heart to make things happen when we needed them the most. I thought Gagne was too shell shocked from the concussions to be a difference anymore and that youngsters Giroux and JVR, though would play hard, wouldn't have enough experience to take control and be major factors.

With the exception of Scott Isuckhorsedick Hartnell, I was very wrong and am glad now to admit I was.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1

hell, Gainey was basically run out of town in February for putting this team together.

kenyg54

Only sane person out here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Did you really? Holy crap, I need to kiss your ass and ask for tonight's Lotto numbers. That's incredible !!

No, I always pick a #8 in some because several money pools are run that if you pick the favorites, so do a hundred others, and even if you win, you split 58 ways. At least with a few long shot picks, the few years they might come true, you kick ass in the money!!! Let's hope!!! :D

Automattic

I'm baaaaaaack....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think it's cool for the board overall. Maybe a few more good Montreal posters might show up. On the flipside, we have numerous Flyer fans, and although they are fuckin' crazy :eek:, their kind of passion deserves to be rewarded. It's sure gonna be a history laden series! Good luck to both!!!

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least we know who got the last laugh huh? :)

A funny thing is that a lot of media wanted to interview him the last week about how he built the club, and he (at least up until that point a couple days ago) wasn't granting any interviews.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A funny thing is that a lot of media wanted to interview him the last week about how he built the club, and he (at least up until that point a couple days ago) wasn't granting any interviews.

Staying professional eh?

He has every opportunity to take advantage and say "yes, I built this team!", but he's chosen the high road and remained silent.

Nice.