• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who wins: UCF at Missouri

Who wins?

• UCF in a blowout. (21 points or more)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Gator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. a 42 point win over a 4-8 team 8 years ago.

You said UCF doesn't lay down for anyone - you were wrong!! End of story - move on.
Please bring facts that are actually relevant to the discussion
Ditto - bring any relevant facts, next time.

You've obviously never heard the term "team sport"
Really? Ever heard of Cam Newton.

If UCF was really a bunch talent deprived scrubs last season, outside of 1 or 2 great players, we don't go 12-1.
You're delusional

Sure they do playing UCF's schedule. Like I said UCF beat 2 ranked teams (the first in their history) and lost to the 3rd ranked team. The rest of UCF's schedule were wimps.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Huwaryu_in_exile is scheduled to be their #1 fan week 7.

Really? Better check my schedule...

As of right now I'm penciled in to be a Louisville, UCLA, and Arizona fan on week seven.

I think it behooves me to cheer for A&M to plough everybody else they face for the rest of the year. Ditto ECU.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
images

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not understanding how anyone sees a Mizzou blowout

UCF doesn't typically get blown out and they don't lay down for anyone
Ok, let me give it a try...

Inconsistent QB for UCF comes in with little to no experience with a good drive then starts breaking down. Mizzou gets their turnover and quickly cashes it in for 7pts. There is some back and forth for a bit and then Mauk makes a big throw and the lead goes to 14pts. Desperate on the road, UCF abandons the run and gets into trouble. Maybe they cut it to 6 or 7pts but then Mizzou gets a late score and makes the scoreboard look better than the game itself.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Inconsistent QB for UCF comes in with little to no experience with a good drive then starts breaking down. Mizzou gets their turnover and quickly cashes it in for 7pts. There is some back and forth for a bit and then Mauk makes a big throw and the lead goes to 14pts. Desperate on the road, UCF abandons the run and gets into trouble. Maybe they cut it to 6 or 7pts but then Mizzou gets a late score and makes the scoreboard look better than the game itself.

I'll give you an A for the effort, but you messed up when you mentioned Maty Mauk.

KnightAndDay

Separate or shoot to kill
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,129.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not sure inconsistent is the right word. Inexperienced or unproven, yes. Nothing I've seen from Holman so far says "inconsistent" to me

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure inconsistent is the right word. Inexperienced or unproven, yes. Nothing I've seen from Holman so far says "inconsistent" to me
Ill admit that I haven't seen him but he struggled to win his starting job but then also looked good in a small bit that he was in. Inconsistent was the world used on the website I saw about him. Then again, a backup QB actually had some success against Mizzou in week 1 but they had a tall receiver who could play and thats the big achilles heel to Mizzous defense from what little has been played this year: no one to cover tall WRs.

I think its fair to say that both teams have had some important turnover from last year so its hard to fully read this game but I think Mizzou being favored by 10 at home sounds about right.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vegas seems to agree with me as Missouri is a 10 point favorite, sport!

:L

Apparently you missed the 2006 games vs UF 0-42 .

Factoid: UCF has never beaten a top 10 team(0-7). UCF was 0-21vs AP ranked teams until last year when they beat two ranked teams. Bortles is gone, ergo back to losing to ranked teams (2-22 and counting).

Gator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Originally Posted by occupant
Stay away from Vegas, sport.
My response

Originally Posted by Gator
Vegas seems to agree with me as Missouri is a 10 point favorite, sport!
You also responded to my post
Originally Posted by Gator
Factoid: UCF has never beaten a top 10 team(0-7). UCF was 0-21vs AP ranked teams until last year when they beat two ranked teams. Bortles is gone, ergo back to losing to ranked teams (2-22 and counting).
Your response
facepalm.gif

Final score Missouri 38 UCF 10. This UCF team is NO WHERE near their team from last year. As I said Blake Bortles is gone and therefore UCF will lose. Your apology is accepted.

occupant

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My response

You also responded to my postYour response
facepalm.gif

Final score Missouri 38 UCF 10. This UCF team is NO WHERE near their team from last year. As I said Blake Bortles is gone and therefore UCF will lose. Your apology is accepted.

...and you were using historical data to back up your claim.

Apparently you missed the 2006 games vs UF 0-42 .

Go to vegas with your historical data and see where you get sport.

I didn't doubt that Mizzou was going to win, hence my pick'em:

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 18

Gator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and you were using historical data to back up your claim.

Go to vegas with your historical data and see where you get sport.

Three games into a season = NO DATA BUT HISTORICAL!!!

I didn't doubt that Mizzou was going to win, hence my pick'em:

Why did YOU pick Missouri to win?

occupant

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Three games into a season = NO DATA BUT HISTORICAL!!!

:L your use of semantics is disturbing.

Why did YOU pick Missouri to win?

Because they're a better equipped and coached team playing at home? Durr?

Listen, I told you that relying on historical data (OOOOH YESTERDAY IS HISTORICAL TOO!) won't get you very far in determining more prescient situations. Take it or leave it, I don't care.

If you have such a void in your life that you NEED to distort and twist my comments into some sort of shallow victory, so be it. You get the trophy.

Go to vegas, you will win.

Gator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L your use of semantics is disturbing.
Because they're a better equipped and coached team playing at home? Durr?

Listen, I told you that relying on historical data (OOOOH YESTERDAY IS HISTORICAL TOO!) won't get you very far in determining more prescient situations. Take it or leave it, I don't care.

If you have such a void in your life that you NEED to distort and twist my comments into some sort of shallow victory, so be it. You get the trophy.

Go to vegas, you will win.

How in the hell am I twisting anything you said? I'm quoting you!

Talking about semantics. Your evaluation of a teams "talent" isn't based on how those players/teams performed in the past? I doubt that you could name 6 players on UCF. Therefore, you aren't evaluating the players but going on past records.

The OP asked who was going to win. Other posters gave their "reasons" so I chimed in also. You are the one that brought Vegas into the discussion. I never said they would beat the spread - I mentioned the spread only after you brought Vegas into the discussion. (FWIW, I have never been to Vegas, I don't know any bookies, I have never placed a wager (other than friendly bets with family/friends) and I have no interest in starting now.)
I was simply saying that (yes, based on their past track record) UCF hasn't been very good - and that without Blake Bortles they would revert to being not very good (i.e., they were a flash in the pan last year). Which I believe they have shown to be. I'm not sure why you seem to jump on my posts when ever you disagree with me, but, I can handle it.

You can have the last word and then we'll drop this discussion, OK?