• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who wins the AFC West this year?

Who wins the AFC West?

• Broncos

• Chargers

• Chiefs

• Raiders

Results are only viewable after voting.

Chief Cola

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't just play "follow the QB" since Herbert has yet to even qualify for the playoffs.

If posting incredible passing numbers isn't enough, what are the other factors?

Coaching?

Roster management?

Team chemistry?

I voted for the Chiefs as a fan and I'm voting for them objectively.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,731.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really get the Derek Carr negativity. I can se McDaniel being a bit of an unknown but I think Carr is every bit as good as the current Russell Wilson and the Raiders being a legit threat if the bounces go right. The Chiefs will be the favorite right up to the minute that they aren't but any one of the 4 teams could come out of this div on top.
The Denver OL will have RW wanting to be traded by year 2.....LOL.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Denver OL will have RW wanting to be traded by year 2.....LOL.
Really the big question for the Broncos will be do they resign a 35 old RW after making the playoffs and quickly being dispatched? We are talking huge money, this year the $ amount is 50 million next year maybe 55 or 60?

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,731.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really the big question for the Broncos will be do they resign a 35 old RW after making the playoffs and quickly being dispatched? We are talking huge money, this year the $ amount is 50 million next year maybe 55 or 60?
He's a FA soon?

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. More likely they go through a stretch like the last 6 seasons than not in a division with Mahomes and Herbert if they don't.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure is and it's going to be fascinating to see it unfold. Injuries ( unfortunately ) will likely be the deciding factor.
Yep, injuries will be huge but also coaching. Staley can't make those same mistakes he made last year. McDaniel and Hackett need to be smart too. HC is a much different animal than coordinator.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we're all being programmed to believe in the Chargers.... But they'll need a good return on their FA investments and their coach still has to prove himself. Tough to do in a division with Andy Reid - Guy has won 12 division titles in his career. Oh, and they still have Mahomes.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As am I. I just keep reading and hearing that Carr isn't good enough but I don't buy it. And they also made the playoffs after a shitload of in house turmoil that might have sunk many teams. He beat the Chargers when he needed to the last week of the season and kept that team going. As I said, he's as good as Wilson. Other things might hurt the Raiders chances but it won't be Carr.

Fun facts- this will be Carr's sixth coach since 2014.

The highest ranked team defense they have had since 2014 has been 20, which happened twice. Also finished dead last twice.

He had Amari Cooper as his number 1 receiver for 3 full seasons and made the pro bowl in each of them. The rest of his time his top receiver has been Nelson Agholor, Zay Jones, Jordy Nelson, and Andre Holmes.

But yeah, it's Derek Carrs fault. I will agree that their are no excuses this year. His offense is loaded. The factor that will determine them as a legitimate threat will still be the defense.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,731.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But yeah, it's Derek Carrs fault. I will agree that their are no excuses this year. His offense is loaded. The factor that will determine them as a legitimate threat will still be the defense.
The coaching too.

And possibly injuries, but that goes for all the teams in the West.

In 2016 when they had the #7 defense? 12-4.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fun facts- this will be Carr's sixth coach since 2014.

The highest ranked team defense they have had since 2014 has been 20, which happened twice. Also finished dead last twice.

He had Amari Cooper as his number 1 receiver for 3 full seasons and made the pro bowl in each of them. The rest of his time his top receiver has been Nelson Agholor, Zay Jones, Jordy Nelson, and Andre Holmes.

Yeah, my thinking too. The defense is the big thing. I think they might be good enough but hard to say. I also think we need to see what McDaniel brings. Good offensive mind but tbd on the HC part. Did he learn from past mistakes or not?