• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who Wins the ACC This Year?

Who Wins ACC?

• Duke

Votes: 11 52.4%
  • UNC

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NC State

• Notre Dame

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Virginia

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Virginia Tech

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Miami

• Other

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not worried too much about this game. Duke has a little rust from the semester break they grinded off last night against Elon. UConn has some big time rust from losing Giffey, Olander, and Napier from that Title team to graduation. A couple of 1-point losses this season and you can tell they aren't the same team. But make no mistake, they will be sky high for a game with Duke on national tv. It should be a tight contest.

I'm glad to see Boatright's back to 100% (as Boatright goes, so goes UConn -- The Glove II is fun to watch) and Brimah finally went off but Duke will roll past UConn in NJ...by 8-10 points. Keep an eye on Hamilton though, that kid is UConn's X factor and when his game comes around he'll light it up.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not worried too much about this game. Duke has a little rust from the semester break they grinded off last night against Elon. UConn has some big time rust from losing Giffey, Olander, and Napier from that Title team to graduation. A couple of 1-point losses this season and you can tell they aren't the same team. But make no mistake, they will be sky high for a game with Duke on national tv. It should be a tight contest.

That is exactly WHY I AM nervous about this game. Duke was very rusty against Elon and Uconn only has a few 1 point losses that really have pissed them off and they would want nothing more than to knock off Duke on National Television. That is of course if they aren't getting arrested for stealing laptops (and then getting off for doing so).

elijah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,097.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hadn't seen Duke's schedule until now, that being said I think it's Virginia.

Louisville is a good team, but their offense is way too inconsistent. With how they struggle on offense, it's easy to see losses to Virginia and 'Cuse's defenses, and Duke's high powered offense.

North Carolina, well right along the path of the past 3 seasons came in with high expectations and did everything possible to mess them up so far.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Duke by 15. Uconn isn't good, guys. Like, at all. Maybe they will figure it out by the end of the year, but Duke is going to destroy them. Hope i'm wrong, though

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SU is going to ruin someone's day at the end of the year. This young team needs to learn how to play together. And they will.

Voted Duke on the poll thinking they sweep the season and tourney.

elijah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,097.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SU is going to ruin someone's day at the end of the year. This young team needs to learn how to play together. And they will.

Voted Duke on the poll thinking they sweep the season and tourney.

You think Duke goes undefeated through the regular season and tournament? They're good, they're extremely good. But that's a damn bold prediction

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think Duke goes undefeated through the regular season and tournament? They're good, they're extremely good. But that's a damn bold prediction

lol...no I ain't going that far. Though I am way out on a limb. Everyone is losing games. I think losing only 3 games in the ACC wins the regular season.

I'm saying Duke is going to win both the regular season title and the ACC tournament. But no way is any team going undefeated.

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who was the asshole that took Notre Dame?

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Buzz will get them playing better throughout the season, but I don't see them doing better than 6 ACC wins.

Buzz would deserve a raise if VT can manage 6.....VT plays the other bottom feeders on the road.

Bend_The_Rim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing Duke eventually carries the crown. They will undoubtedly lose a few along the way, but should have enough fire power to wear down a defensive-minded Virginia; a strong UNC squad, and a powerful, yet ultimately inferior Louisville.

That being said, I'm thrilled to finally see January roll around. The ACC should be fun to watch as they kick the crap out of each other. I'm so tired of watching tune-up games against The College of Sister Mary of the Poor.

Personally I think Virginia and Louisville are a tad overrated at present. However, that's not saying they aren't good teams, just not top 5 in the nation. It will also be interesting to see just how good ND, NC State and Miami are once they start playing the elite of the league. Someone could end up shocking the league.

Naturally, never count out UNC. They may not be elite, but they have played one of the toughest schedules in the nation. They are likely every bit as good as UVA and Louisville...

...and maybe even Duke.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp only 10 point game right now and Uconn missing lots of shots Duke is making me right so far. I'm not liking game

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW Terrible CALL there. Not a foul on Uconn

elijah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,097.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know UConn is making a semi-small run right now, but this is a big game for Duke in a way.

Even in a poor night for them, they've still had control for almost all of the 2nd half.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have for the most part but really haven't played well

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 10-point win streak is still alive. Duke is 10-0 with all their wins by at least 10 points. Wasn't an easy win against a top tier team and defending National Champ regardless of their record, as UCONN still has "teeth". Duke clamped down when they absolutely needed to do it. A much deserved break for the holidays and they don't play again until December 29th against Toledo.

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 10-point win streak is still alive. Duke is 10-0 with all their wins by at least 10 points. Wasn't an easy win against a top tier team and defending National Champ regardless of their record, as UCONN still has "teeth". Duke clamped down when they absolutely needed to do it. A much deserved break for the holidays and they don't play again until December 29th against Toledo.

Duke by 18-22 over an above average Toledo team.

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I missed the UConn - Duke game tonight but I'll assume Brimah only getting one shot off was due to 13 minutes of action (foul trouble) and getting out-muscled by Okafor? Brimah did get a couple of his signature blocks, it appears and Boatright cashed in, as usual (no surprise).

That's really not a bad UConn team. They were taken aback by a good WVU team, took Texas to the wire and lost by a point to an ok Yale team while Boatright nursed his injury.

Another good W for the Dookies.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I missed the UConn - Duke game tonight but I'll assume Brimah only getting one shot off was due to 13 minutes of action (foul trouble) and getting out-muscled by Okafor? Brimah did get a couple of his signature blocks, it appears and Boatright cashed in, as usual (no surprise).

That's really not a bad UConn team. They were taken aback by a good WVU team, took Texas to the wire and lost by a point to an ok Yale team while Boatright nursed his injury.

Another good W for the Dookies.

Boatright is a good player. He just doesn't have any help at guard which really is surprising. Purvis could be so much better. He was a Top 10 player coming out of high school when he signed with NC State. I saw him play then and he just looks like he's trying too hard to do too much now. In the open court he can push it and finish. In a structured half court he struggles. He just seems to be a better free lance type player. And what's happened to his shot? He was 4-11 and 3 TO's. Perplexing. But UCONN will get better as the season goes on. Maybe Purvis as well.