• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who will be the Seahawk starting QB in September?

Who is going to be the starter on day 1?

• Geno Smith

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Drew Lock

Votes: 14 35.9%
  • DeShaun Watson

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Carson Wentz

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jimmy G

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • Jordan Love

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • 22' Draft pick

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • Somebody else

Votes: 11 28.2%

• Total voters

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well there's plenty of your fellow Seahawks posters on this forum that are happy to tank and 'address QB in 2023' (which requires tanking, because at this point they're all going top 5r) on this forum....

Not calling you out or anything, but I think it's a fuckin' ridiculous idea to just blow up the team to go all in on one fuckin' draft pick 1 YEAR from now (where anything can happen) when you can try and win now or build a somewhat stable team and set it up properly for 2023.
Well they can have that opinion but that's not how I think.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they've already loaded up the roster. The defense is surprisingly looking pretty good.. if they can get Brown the OL is not bad. The WR/TE group is already fine to begin with. If they can resign Penny or just draft someone in the 3rd or later the RB position is fine.

But the suggested approach by this Seahawks forum is we need to tank the season to draft a QB who is a decent prospect on paper but has proven nothing... when we have a bunch of draft picks over the next 2 years anyway? Draft a QB now (not saying to use the #9 overall, but an early 2nd FINE) and if that fails, draft your new QB anyway.

This notion, "Just lose 17 games" bullshit has gotta go. It's rarely if ever worked in the past. Manning might be one exception, and Luck came into a shitty ass team and was retired form the league shortly after. Yah, real PRIZE there. Suck for Luck? Yah, that worked out.

You guys wanting to roll with Drew Lock who IS NOT GOOD and was on a team with a decent OL, run game, and okay receivers... you guys are fuckin' insane. All to: "OH JUST TANK THE SEASON SO WE CAN DRAFT STROUD/YOUNG!" ......... seriously!? I just... *exits room quietly*

There's an easy way to do this. Forfeit every game or march me out there as QB. I'll happily lose 17 games for $300K.
I'm not fine being a middle of the pack team that gets the 6th or 7th seed every year. I give you the Philadelphia Eagles with Jalen Hurts. Fuck that shit! There's nothing wrong with a toss away year to have a brighter future for the next 10 to 12 years. And if we happen to land Young/Stroud and they suck then you have permission to toss me out a window.

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not fine being a middle of the pack team that gets the 6th or 7th seed every year. I give you the Philadelphia Eagles with Jalen Hurts. Fuck that shit! There's nothing wrong with a toss away year to have a brighter future for the next 10 to 12 years. And if we happen to land Young/Stroud and they suck then you have permission to toss me out a window.
I'm not either. I never wanna see my team vying for a low seed in the playoffs. Why would a fan of any team want that?

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jersey... are you seriously?

Seattle IMO actually has a pretty decent roster at the moment. The Eagles when they drafted that dork were a disaster and had nothing serviceable. Seattle actually has some pieces that can work. Their front 7 is solid, they have some good safeties, their OL if they can sign Brown/draft Cross or Tulsa kid is not bad, they resigned Penny, their receivers are actually above league average, etc. There's good things here. We can make this work and build on it.

You, meanwhile, want to FIRE SALE EVERYONE and go 0-17 to tank the team and bring in a QB with a complete shit ass roster around him to try and make it work? That's what you're proposing. Let me tell ya something, IT SELDOMN WORKS. If that worked EVERY team would do it.

Yes, I get the frustration of being a middle of the pack team, ending every year 8-9 or 7-10 or whatever, but it's a hell of a lot better than being the Jacksonville Jaguars or New York Jets.

Regardless, that's NOT what Seattle's FO is doing. They are building the team to be competitive. The defense is already better than it was last year, the offense is already better than it was last year outside of the QB.... and we have WAY more draft ammunition than last year. The team is BETTER this year outside of every position but QB than it was last year. So.... maybe draft a QB and SEE if it works out. If it doesn't? Well fuck it. You were already stuck anyway with the roster you assembled, if the QB doesn't work out this year, you get another shot next with loaded picks.

You guys are acting like we're just automatically hitting on Tom Brady or Payton Manning next year if we tank.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not either. I never wanna see my team vying for a low seed in the playoffs. Why would a fan of any team want that?
So you want the Hawks to have a bright future is what you're saying?

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you want the Hawks to have a bright future is what you're saying?
That's exactly what I'm saying. As was previously mentioned we have a good front 7. We've bolstered our OL and can add another piece in either Trent Brown, Charlie Cross or that kid from Tulsa. We've resigned Penny to a new 1 year deal. We still have a pretty good secondary. What's not to like about this team?

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seattle IMO actually has a pretty decent roster at the moment. The Eagles when they drafted that dork were a disaster and had nothing serviceable. Seattle actually has some pieces that can work. Their front 7 is solid, they have some good safeties, their OL if they can sign Brown/draft Cross or Tulsa kid is not bad, they resigned Penny, their receivers are actually above league average, etc. There's good things here. We can make this work and build on it.

You, meanwhile, want to FIRE SALE EVERYONE and go 0-17 to tank the team and bring in a QB with a complete shit ass roster around him to try and make it work? That's what you're proposing. Let me tell ya something, IT SELDOMN WORKS. If that worked EVERY team would do it.

Yes, I get the frustration of being a middle of the pack team, ending every year 8-9 or 7-10 or whatever, but it's a hell of a lot better than being the Jacksonville Jaguars or New York Jets.

Regardless, that's NOT what Seattle's FO is doing. They are building the team to be competitive. The defense is already better than it was last year, the offense is already better than it was last year outside of the QB.... and we have WAY more draft ammunition than last year. The team is BETTER this year outside of every position but QB than it was last year. So.... maybe draft a QB and SEE if it works out. If it doesn't? Well fuck it. You were already stuck anyway with the roster you assembled, if the QB doesn't work out this year, you get another shot next with loaded picks.

You guys are acting like we're just automatically hitting on Tom Brady or Payton Manning next year if we tank.
I never said anything about a fire sale but I do not want a Jalen Hurts type QB on this team which is what this class of QBs will probably turn out to be. This roster is fine and with the additions of the draft will get better, just need that final key piece under center which can be had in 2023.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's exactly what I'm saying. As was previously mentioned we have a good front 7. We've bolstered our OL and can add another piece in either Trent Brown, Charlie Cross or that kid from Tulsa. We've resigned Penny to a new 1 year deal. We still have a pretty good secondary. What's not to like about this team?
Good. Then you understand we can have a shit record with a bad QB while every other position gains experience and top it off with a better QB prospect in 2023 which would be under team control for 5yrs.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think anyone really wants to tank and Pete isn't going to tank any how and the moves made show it. However that doesn't necessarily mean Pete is going take a QB round 1 or 2. Let me remind you he waited until year 3 to draft his first QB and he waited until round 3 to do so. Think what fans here want is for this draft to used to build the roster as much as possible BEFORE they work on upgrading from Lock which can wait until next year (which is a better draft class for QBs). The QBs in this year draft are back up grade so why use a early pick on one?

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good. Then you understand we can have a shit record with a bad QB while every other position gains experience and top it off with a better QB prospect in 2023 which would be under team control for 5yrs.
Yes very much so.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said anything about a fire sale but I do not want a Jalen Hurts type QB on this team which is what this class of QBs will probably turn out to be. This roster is fine and with the additions of the draft will get better, just need that final key piece under center which can be had in 2023.

So, we have the draft capital to test out 2022 and also 2023? Why not do both? You're willing to tank the team to go all in (again the QBs you're talking about will require top 5 picks at least as of now) without giving a chance to see what might be possible in 2022?

It's one fuckin' pick. You're telling me a 2nd round pick defined an entire team? OH WAIT, well, a 3rd round pick did... Russell Wilson, a 6th round pick did, Tom Brady... and some other 2nd round picks (Drew Brees, Brett Favre) did as well.

But oh yah, let's tank the team to get the #1 overall pick. :rolleyes2:

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anyone really wants to tank and Pete isn't going to tank any how and the moves made show it. However that doesn't necessarily mean Pete is going take a QB round 1 or 2. Let me remind you he waited until year 3 to draft his first QB and he waited until round 3 to do so. Think what fans here want is for this draft to used to build the roster as much as possible BEFORE they work on upgrading from Lock which can wait until next year (which is a better draft class for QBs). The QBs in this year draft are back up grade so why use a early pick on one?
Not disagreeing with you Harold. I just personally think Carroll and the team are going to move on a QB this draft. It's one of the reasons I think they traded Wilson. I'm not saying they'll spend the #9 to do so, but I think one of their 2nd rounders comes into play.

Now that's ALL my opinion. I haven't hit on a Seattle draft in.. well forever lol.

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, we have the draft capital to test out 2022 and also 2023? Why not do both? You're willing to tank the team to go all in (again the QBs you're talking about will require top 5 picks at least as of now) without giving a chance to see what might be possible in 2022?

It's one fuckin' pick. You're telling me a 2nd round pick defined an entire team? OH WAIT, well, a 3rd round pick did... Russell Wilson, a 6th round pick did, Tom Brady... and some other 2nd round picks (Drew Brees, Brett Favre) did as well.

But oh yah, let's tank the team to get the #1 overall pick. :rolleyes2:
It's clear he has no idea what he's talking about.
Not disagreeing with you Harold. I just personally think Carroll and the team are going to move on a QB this draft. It's one of the reasons I think they traded Wilson. I'm not saying they'll spend the #9 to do so, but I think one of their 2nd rounders comes into play.

Now that's ALL my opinion. I haven't hit on a Seattle draft in.. well forever lol.
You think Matt Corral is that guy in the 2nd round if he's available?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I need a throw away year for a chance at a better QB prospect. Baker sucks but he's ok enough to get you 6 to 7 wins which gives us zero chance of getting into the top 3 or top 5 of the 2023 draft. That happens then Seattle has to throw away a ton of picks to move up to get one of those guys and that's something I don't want with the amount of holes needing to be filled.
My thought was baker kinda fits petes system, and hes got much better surrounding talent than he had in cleveland imho. No chubb and hunt but the run game always does well in seattle. But if the goal is to tank, i wouldnt want him.

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thought was baker kinda fits petes system, and hes got much better surrounding talent than he had in cleveland imho. No chubb and hunt but the run game always does well in seattle. But if the goal is to tank, i wouldnt want him.
That's not what we're looking to do here. We're looking to compete each and every week.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They very well may draft a QB, maybe with a 2nd or maybe they hold off until later. JS alluded to how the Packers would stack QBs then turn around and trade them for value. Could be the Seahawks go that route or it could be a smoke screen. Myself I'd like not to draft a QB the first two rounds because I don't see the talent. Honestly Lock has a better arm then any of them, his problem is making bonehead mistakes and going through progressions. Things that can be worked on.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think Matt Corral is that guy in the 2nd round if he's available?

I'm basing that ENTIRELY on Carroll/Schneider's interest in him.

That said? Am I willing to take a flyer on him? Sure.

QB <F>: Nothing
RB <C>: Penny/Draft
WR <A>: Metcalf/Lockett/Eskridge
TE: <B>: Fant/Dissly
OL <TBD>: Draft + Brown signing.
DL <B+>: Harris, Jefferson, Ford, Woods
LB <C+>: Nwosu, Brooks, Taylor
CB <C->: Jones/Burns
S <B>: Adams/Diggs
ST <A>: Just let Dickson do everything.

So yah.. the Giant fucking F there staring us smack in the face is QUARTERBACK. Just start acquiring a fuck ton of em' so we can hopefully turn that F into SOMETHING!?

For a 2nd rounder to see if that's something this season? Do it. Just fuckin' do it.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's about done with his rookie contract and about to become expensive and yet a lot folks don't think he's a franchise QB or at least not yet. I want to avoid all chance of signing him to a second contract, because I don't think he's the QB we need.

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm basing that ENTIRELY on Carroll/Schneider's interest in him.

That said? Am I willing to take a flyer on him? Sure.

QB <F>: Nothing
RB <C>: Penny/Draft
WR <A>: Metcalf/Lockett/Eskridge
TE: <B>: Fant/Dissly
OL <TBD>: Draft + Brown signing.
DL <B+>: Harris, Jefferson, Ford, Woods
LB <C+>: Nwosu, Brooks, Taylor
CB <C->: Jones/Burns
S <B>: Adams/Diggs
ST <A>: Just let Dickson do everything.

So yah.. the Giant fucking F there staring us smack in the face is QUARTERBACK. Just start acquiring a fuck ton of em' so we can hopefully turn that F into SOMETHING!?

For a 2nd rounder to see if that's something this season? Do it. Just fuckin' do it.
Seems about right. We don't know what QB will be there at 9 if there'll be a guy available at that spot. If not and we like one of them with our 2nd rounder do we take a QB there?