• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who To Start?

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prince Fielder, Freddie Freeman and Adrian Gonzalez, H2H points league. I need to sit one. Prince seems like he might be heating up, but Freeman and Gonzalez haven't exactly been chopped liver. Weekly lineups.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you should sit Prince so that he can catch fire on your bench. I need him to go nuclear if I am going to make a move in my $ league. I recently traded for Prince.

Philabuster5

Visionary (aka dreamer)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think i'd ever sit Prince. Too big a bat.

Gonzalez was my first choice to be benched before I checked out their matchups.
One extra game is nice though...but more importantly I think he has easier matchups. Freeman has 6 away games (3 in metco) and faces wheeler, wainwright and miller. (also Lynn, Kelly and Niese meh)
Gonzalez gets fernandez but then 6 decent matchups I think. Although all his games are at home or Miami (both spacious), I'd say the odds favour more points being scored by AGon.
No chance AGon qualifies at OF?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously though, that one is very close. I would take a look at batter vs. pitcher history and the ballparks they are playing in to make the final call.

Any chance you can trade one before the deadline to make this decision easier?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think i'd ever sit Prince. Too big a bat.

Gonzalez was my first choice to be benched before I checked out their matchups.
One extra game is nice though...but more importantly I think he has easier matchups. Freeman has 6 away games (3 in metco) and faces wheeler, wainwright and miller. (also Lynn, Kelly and Niese meh)
Gonzalez gets fernandez but then 6 decent matchups I think. Although all his games are at home or Miami (both spacious), I'd say the odds favour more points being scored by AGon.
No chance AGon qualifies at OF?

Didn't see this. Nice analysis Paul.

I wouldn't rule out benching Prince though. He has been cold all month (hopefully coming out of it). I tend to agree that Gonzo's match-ups look good, but Freeman's look OK to me too. Waino and Miller have been struggling lately, so those match-ups aren't quite as tough as they look on the surface.

The good news is that you have until Sunday to decide. If Prince shows signs of a upcoming hot streak, you need to play him. If he goes 0-for the weekend though, he might be the guy to bench. While I would normally agree that he is too good to bench, so are Gonzalez and Freeman IMO. Fielder is also dealing with a messy divorce at the moment and he seems to be playing distracted.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't see this. Nice analysis Paul.

I wouldn't rule out benching Prince though. He has been cold all month (hopefully coming out of it). I tend to agree that Gonzo's match-ups look good, but Freeman's look OK to me too. Waino and Miller have been struggling lately, so those match-ups aren't quite as tough as they look on the surface.

The good news is that you have until Sunday to decide. If Prince shows signs of a upcoming hot streak, you need to play him. If he goes 0-for the weekend though, he might be the guy to bench. While I would normally agree that he is too good to bench, so are Gonzalez and Freeman IMO. Fielder is also dealing with a messy divorce at the moment and he seems to be playing distracted.

I was waiting for someone to bring that up, if only to then using it as a tipping point as to why to not choose him, if all other things are being considered equal that is.

Been there, done that. Twice.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was waiting for someone to bring that up, if only to then using it as a tipping point as to why to not choose him, if all other things are being considered equal that is.

Been there, done that. Twice.

Only once for me. So far. :rollseyes:

Good advice guys, I guess keeping track of their matchups is the way to go. The only reason i've got this problem is that about a month ago, I was offered Fielder for Jered Weaver and Gerrit Cole, and I accepted without even thinking about it. Tried to flip one of the other two, but the offers were pretty bad.

Freeman's the guy i've been sitting, but it really kills me to do it. If A-Gone were OF eligible it might make things easier, but then i'd have to sit Marte or Myers.

Still, not the worst problem to have. I should be so lucky in MBBRL. :)

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only once for me. So far. :rollseyes:

Good advice guys, I guess keeping track of their matchups is the way to go. The only reason i've got this problem is that about a month ago, I was offered Fielder for Jered Weaver and Gerrit Cole, and I accepted without even thinking about it. Tried to flip one of the other two, but the offers were pretty bad.

Freeman's the guy i've been sitting, but it really kills me to do it. If A-Gone were OF eligible it might make things easier, but then i'd have to sit Marte or Myers.

Still, not the worst problem to have. I should be so lucky in MBBRL. :)

I've got all sorts of luck in MBBRL. Too bad most of it is bad. :bawling:

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would sit the Prince. It's a shame you couldn't move one of them.

Philabuster5

Visionary (aka dreamer)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fielder is looking good!! (I need him too!!!)

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fielder is looking good!! (I need him too!!!)

Another one who took a nut shot, but he shook it off pretty quickly.

Unlike LaTroy, he must have been wearing his cup. :laugh3:

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Gonzo's "stiff neck" is probably enough to make your decision. I will change my vote from benching Prince, to benching Adrian.