• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who Is The Worst Golfer To Win Multiple Majors?

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lee Jansen?
Andy North?
Angel Cabrera?

Anyone else?

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lee Jansen?
Andy North?
Angel Cabrera?

Anyone else?

Cabrera has had 8 other top 10s in majors so it wouldn't be him. I'd scratch Janzen too. He also won a Players and 5 other regular events.

I'd add John Daly.

So Daly or North, though a lot of old timers I'm unfamiliar with won a couple well before my time.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cabrera has had 8 other top 10s in majors so it wouldn't be him. I'd scratch Janzen too. He also won a Players and 5 other regular events.

I'd add John Daly.

So Daly or North, though a lot of old timers I'm unfamiliar with won a couple well before my time.
Daly's problems were more self-inflicted though. He was a very talented golfer who let his mental demons derail him. I'd go with North. I added Cabrera in there because for the longest time he had only two wins in his PGA career but they were the Masters and the U.S. Open. If you are only gonna win two tournaments I guess those are pretty good ones.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Daly's problems were more self-inflicted though. He was a very talented golfer who let his mental demons derail him. I'd go with North. I added Cabrera in there because for the longest time he had only two wins in his PGA career but they were the Masters and the U.S. Open. If you are only gonna win two tournaments I guess those are pretty good ones.

Cabrera didn't even join the PGA tour until he was 37. He played in South America and Europe before that. He just missed out on a 2nd Masters when he lost a playoff against Adam Scott. He had 8 top 10s in majors aside from his 2 wins. Daly had 1. Cabrera was more talented than Daly.

Agree about North though. For the modern era it has to be him... good commentator though.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cabrera didn't even join the PGA tour until he was 37. He played in South America and Europe before that. He just missed out on a 2nd Masters when he lost a playoff against Adam Scott. He had 8 top 10s in majors aside from his 2 wins. Daly had 1. Cabrera was more talented than Daly.

Agree about North though. For the modern era it has to be him... good commentator though.
Am I mistaken or has North lost part of his nose? Hmmm, I think I'd take Daly over Cabrera but I thought it was cool that his only two wins were the Masters and U.S. Open which in my opinion are the two greatest tournaments in the world. Later though he ruined it by winning a run of the mill event on The Tour. I believe he's in Prison now

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I mistaken or has North lost part of his nose? Hmmm, I think I'd take Daly over Cabrera but I thought it was cool that his only two wins were the Masters and U.S. Open which in my opinion are the two greatest tournaments in the world. Later though he ruined it by winning a run of the mill event on The Tour. I believe he's in Prison now

Yea, I read that when I looked up his stats. I've always liked Cabrera. I got a full week pass for the 2008 PGA at Oakland Hills and followed him for a few holes during a practice round. He hit the best shot I've ever seen on 11.. though I don't follow touring pros around a lot so there's that.

He hit his drive behind and under a tree on the left and had an uphill shot to the green that would have to go around and under some low-hanging branches to an elevated green. A few of us standing there agreed.. he had nothing.

He's a very fast player and he pulled some iron, looked at it from the left and then the right then hit this low screaming slice under and around the tree .. and then it just started to rise and slice and landed about 10' from the stick. We all started laughing and he just turned to us, smiled & shrugged.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, I read that when I looked up his stats. I've always liked Cabrera. I got a full week pass for the 2008 PGA at Oakland Hills and followed him for a few holes during a practice round. He hit the best shot I've ever seen on 11.. though I don't follow touring pros around a lot so there's that.

He hit his drive behind and under a tree on the left and had an uphill shot to the green that would have to go around and under some low-hanging branches to an elevated green. A few of us standing there agreed.. he had nothing.

He's a very fast player and he pulled some iron, looked at it from the left and then the right then hit this low screaming slice under and around the tree .. and then it just started to rise and slice and landed about 10' from the stick. We all started laughing and he just turned to us, smiled & shrugged.
Those guys are amazing