• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who is the veteran?

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because Colt has been in the league longest of any of the QBs on the Redskins he is considered the veteran. Here is an interesting stat. Colt has 22 career starts compared to Griffin's 33 starts. Based just on starts Griffin is the veteran.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol. that is funny. Plus Colt is the better NFL ready Qb than Griffen with less starts. I think we keep it close today.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because Colt has been in the league longest of any of the QBs on the Redskins he is considered the veteran. Here is an interesting stat. Colt has 22 career starts compared to Griffin's 33 starts. Based just on starts Griffin is the veteran.

If you consider that first year players are considered rookies throughout that entire season, then the number of seasons in the league carries more weight. Good example.......Ryan Clark is depicted as a 13 year veteran when the question is experience. The number of starts, seems relevant mostly to rookies. Good example David Amerson is considered a second year player and not a player with 26 starts.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sty, I agree that Colt is the veteran in terms of years in the NFL and that also means he has had two more years of NFL coaching. Colt himself says he learned the most he has learned in the league last year while backing up in San Fran.

I just thought it was interesting that Griffin has 11 more starts than Colt but everyone is considering Colt the veteran/more experienced QB.

What does it all mean. I have no idea. I am not sure if we have one true starting QB on the roster. Maybe if Griffin sits for awhile, learns and works hard he eventually starts again and becomes a very good QB.