• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

who is the better prospect Jernigan,Ealy, Hagemin

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see a ton of upside with Jernigan. He is strong I will give him that. Hagemin is obviously very powerful. He did lots of reps on the bench press for a guy with such long arms. Hagemin also is very explosive for a guy his size. Ealy is ather guy that showed flashes. I guess if I had to choose between those 3 it would be ealy because of our need. Marinelli could could motivate a guy like Hagemin or Ealy to be very good players. I do question their motors

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see a ton of upside with Jernigan. He is strong I will give him that. Hagemin is obviously very powerful. He did lots of reps on the bench press for a guy with such long arms. Hagemin also is very explosive for a guy his size. Ealy is ather guy that showed flashes. I guess if I had to choose between those 3 it would be ealy because of our need. Marinelli could could motivate a guy like Hagemin or Ealy to be very good players. I do question their motors
well which of these guys has the better motor? that is usually the intangible that isnt coached.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It would depend upon the system. For Dallas, if you are limiting it to these three guys, I'd have to say Ealy, as a pass rush end is more valuable in Rod's system than a 1T

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough question for me since I like all 3. I guess if I had to pick now I would rank them Jernigan,Hagemin and Ealy...but all 3 are very close IMO. I don't buy the one tech argument and think it has been overused because you need one of each on the field. All else being equal you take the more important position of course, but all else is almost never equal. I see Hagemin as a 3 down player. If you can find a disruptive 1 technique coming up the middle I think it helps immensely. If you see a possible Pro Bowler at the one tech you take him or you are insane. I'm not saying any of these guys are Pro Bowlers, but I think you get my point as it relates to position. If position of importance was all that mattered you would draft QBs and LTs every year...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough question for me since I like all 3. I guess if I had to pick now I would rank them Jernigan,Hagemin and Ealy...but all 3 are very close IMO. I don't buy the one tech argument and think it has been overused because you need one of each on the field. All else being equal you take the more important position of course, but all else is almost never equal. I see Hagemin as a 3 down player. If you can find a disruptive 1 technique coming up the middle I think it helps immensely. If you see a possible Pro Bowler at the one tech you take him or you are insane. I'm not saying any of these guys are Pro Bowlers, but I think you get my point as it relates to position. If position of importance was all that mattered you would draft QBs and LTs every year...

I like Jernigan, and have heard most scouts call him a 3T, but once Rod said he was a 1T, I figured that took him out of the 1st round mix. As to Hagemin, he has the quickness to play anywhere, but at 6'6'' and 320+ guessing he is a 1T as well for Rod

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Jernigan, and have heard most scouts call him a 3T, but once Rod said he was a 1T, I figured that took him out of the 1st round mix. As to Hagemin, he has the quickness to play anywhere, but at 6'6'' and 320+ guessing he is a 1T as well for Rod

What you just brought up is one of the reasons I like both so much. They have the size and strength to be a 1 tech, but the quickness and ability to disrupt to play the 3 tech. Great guys to have in a rotation like Marinelli wants. I think if Jernigan had a little more of a pass rushing reputation he would be a top 5 pick. I think Hagemin has a high ceiling and a low floor. My gut says he would be a monster in our D.