• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who is PE1

Who is PE1

• A butthurt Eagles fan

• A wannabe Cowboys fan

Results are only viewable after voting.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't fault PE1 for being here. What are his options, really? He can either post with new people on the Eagles board who are nothing but homers or he can post here. Here he deals with Dallas homers, but we can be fair and also critical of his team. We have actual balance among our fans, so we aren't all just homers. Most boards don't have that, as much as we sometimes hate it.

So either sit around and convince yourselves of impending 16-0 and SB win every season, or chat with us...most of us have been talking with him for almost a decade all the way back to Disney days.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was a staunch supporter of PE1 for years, that changed when he decided to say I know nothing for questioning Chip.
Some Cowboy fans here were saying all along PE1 will praise a few Cowboys so he could get his jabs in without question, I now believe that too.
And now his calling out fans who don't all live in Dallas has become his calling cry.
He spends no time on the Eagles Board because he says they are overly homers, yet if we question or say someone dirogotory about the Eagles he gets his panties in a wad, it's like he wants us to be Eagle homers too.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plenty of bad boards, even on decent sites. Avoiding them isn't a bad thing.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seeing his need for attention, I think it's more a matter of his childhood.

Was he hugged too much or not enough?

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still trying to grasp the remark "we have actually balance among our fans."

huntingpa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im a Lancaster, PA Dallas Cowboy fan, must kill him :-)

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have two local teams to choose from and I still root for the Cowboys, that has to irk him quite a bit no?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not about where you live so much as the make up of your favorite teams, I think. If he cares where you live, well that's just funny.

I understand the cherry picking of teams. Most of us posting on these boards grew up without NFL Sunday ticket. So we had to watch what the over-the-air stations showed. They showed the teams that were good. If you watch the good teams, and you like a good player and thus his team, it makes sense that you will latch on. Rarely are three teams from a single city good at the same time for a long period.

I am man enough to admit that until I was about 10 and really gaining sports consciousness I wasn't a Cowboy or Ranger fan. I was an A's and NYGiants fan. Really I was a Canseco and LT fan, but that meant I liked their teams. Then I started to really watch and realized it was way more interesting to cheer for the local team that you can see all the time and actually go out and see at events. So I ended up being a Rangers fan (canseco to Rangers helped) and a Dallas fan. That's what my dad was watching and talking, so I latched on from about my 10th birthday on. The turning point was actually my 10th birthday when I asked for tickets for the following years Dallas/Giants game. It was fun, but being around more Dallas fans was better than being a single players fan.

So long story short, I finally got my head screwed on straight and my dad is the worlds greatest dad for not disowning me when I wanted LT and Canseco posters, painted my room green and yellow, or wore a Giants hat. The force was strong with that one.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fordman, I am from Dallas area. I do however live in the detroit area. My son is a fan of the lions, I think to get under my skin. I do refuse to let him even wear anything lions in my house, except a Calvin Johnson jersey which I did buy him for a game I took him to.

I am a Redwings fan since I knew nothing of hockey till I moved here and this is hockey town. I will root for my Stars as well. I cheered for them big time too.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fordman, I am from Dallas area. I do however live in the detroit area. My son is a fan of the lions, I think to get under my skin. I do refuse to let him even wear anything lions in my house, except a Calvin Johnson jersey which I did buy him for a game I took him to.

I am a Redwings fan since I knew nothing of hockey till I moved here and this is hockey town. I will root for my Stars as well. I cheered for them big time too.

I'm trying to figure this part out. Did they become "your Stars" AFTER you moved to Detroit and became a Redwings fan???

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm trying to figure this part out. Did they become "your Stars" AFTER you moved to Detroit and became a Redwings fan???

Yes, and I called them my Stars because I do root for any team from my home town. But the Redwings are my favorite outside of the Stars. Easy to root for a team that has been good for a long time. I was a bandwagon fan of the Redwings and having gone to several games including playoff games at the Joe it has become more permanent. The Stars moved to dallas the year after I moved to the detroit area.

BUT hockey is still a distance 3rd to football and baseball. Basketball would be 3a and Hockey would be 3b depending on the season.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've always wanted to see a hockey game in one of the classic hockey Towns. Detroit and Montreal are certainly two at the top of the list. Obviously the Garden during the Rangers Cup run was as exciting as anything ever from an atmosphere point of view, but since I went to so many Ranger games that year and rooted against them it kind of had a different flavor for me than most...

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK fellas, sorry Ive been busy. Who is PE1

1. I NEVER EVER EVER said I dont go on the Eagles boards because they are overly homers. I said I go on a different Eagles site that is TREMENDOUSLY more active then the one here. Thats where I go for Eagles news and chat. The truth is a despise many Eagles fans for being so rude and classless but I truly believe they are one of the least anti homer fan bases in all of sports. They are world renowned for ripping a player. Man, they booed Mike Schmidt who might be the greatest 3rd baseman ever. Jerks? YES. Homers? Not a chance.

2. I really struggle with racists, sexist, homophobes and angry people. Nothing lower in my book then a racist. I donate my money to the Southern Poverty Law Center. They are a group that tries to bankrupt hate groups by suing them and taking their cash and giving to people who they've terrorized.

3. Im a liberal Democrat who has an MBA. I really learned a lot understanding why Republicans feel the way they do while taking my courses. I wish this country could come together and stop blaming Obama or Bush. But the truth is I really hate how the country blames the poor for our predicament while giving trillion dollar tax breaks to the richest 1% of this country. NOW LETS NOT TALK POLITICS CAUSE THAT RUINS THE FUN HERE. Im just telling you who PE1 is.

4. I grew up in the first intentionally integrated neighborhood in the US and EXTREMELY proud of that. Way back in the early 70s we had blacks, whites, Asains, gays and an interracial married couple on my block. I am extremely proud of that and have a huge love for Philadelphia. In this pride I choose to support Philly teams win or lose and I could NEVER EVER IMAGINE rooting for another cities team. I give you guys a lot of crap but I really could care less whom you root for but the idea is just soooo foreign to me. I cant imagine running down the streets of Philly and screaming, "YES!!!! My Lakers won another championship". I just dont get living in a city and rooting for random cities across the country while professing its arbitrary and a coincidence that Im a Cowboy, Laker, Braves fan.

5. I've always tried to be rational. When people say something about the Eagles that I really disagree with I love to take on the challenge. When the conversation turns to... hypothetically Dez Bryant or the Cowboys OLine I will say what I believe to be the truth. The truth is they are awesome. Ive also been a big Romo supporter. I dont throw these beliefs in just to say something nice about Dallas. Im just being real. Ive always hated the TonyRomoShows and BlueJerseyJinx who will sit here and say, "Fletcher Cox sucks, Jason Peters sucks, etc".

6. What I suck at is accepting Im on a Cowboys board and there are a few blind Cowboy fans that cant be rational. All teams have these fans. What I suck at is accepting the fact that people have different perspectives or feelings then me.

7. I completely respect Cowboy fans who have lived near Texas. Never had a problem with that cause they are supporting their home team. I've just always been a guy who roots for the under dog, not the power houses. In my passion for rooting for Philly teams Ive always hated our big rivals.. especially the Cowboys, Lakers and Celtics. There will always be a part of me that just shakes his head at some guy that lives in Florida who loves the Cowboys and Lakers. I'd probably be happier and healthier if I just dropped that but I still just shake my head at that. If you aint from LA or Dallas your SUPPOSED to hate the Cowboys.

8. Lastly, when I was a little kid (5 to 10) I was a HUGE Raiders fan. My family was all born their except for me. As I became a man I grew out of it. RIP to "The Snake"... my childhood hero.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9. I've ripped my Eagles many many times and COMPLETELY questioned a few of Chips moves. I think some of you understand Im objective, but theres a few who dont see it. Im pretty friggin positive that Chip Kelly wont go after jerks. I still completely believe that.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Changed my fav's in honor of Fan Cop.

YOu were doing just fine before you even changed your FAVs from Dallas and the Celtics. Some people are just different. I will never understand rooting for different teams criss-crossing the continent.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8. Lastly, when I was a little kid (5 to 10) I was a HUGE Raiders fan. My family was all born their except for me. As I became a man I grew out of it. RIP to "The Snake"... my childhood hero.

now I can write your unauthorized autobiography and make millions!!!

IMHO the above is way worse than liking a team for your entire life from a City you don't live in. I would NEVER change the teams I root for. NEVER. Not something a "man" would ever do IMO. But, we all have our own opinions on things and I like to think I do a pretty good job of trying to accept others opinions even when I don't agree with them.