• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who is our biggest obstacle

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to a repeat division crown?

Can't decide between AZ or SEA. I think Qwest is a tougher venue to play in, but I think AZ is more talented. They both worry me, but not too much.

TBH, if we go less than 5-1 in the division I'll be a bit disappointed.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited by a moderator:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
But noooooo offense.They have no AB, no WR's and Lynch has to prove he wasn't playin' for a contract.

This is true, but 'Zona & the Rams don't have anything. I think Seattle is more likely to give the Niners problems than the ohter two.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is true, but 'Zona & the Rams don't have anything. I think Seattle is more likely to give the Niners problems than the ohter two.

Cool. Hopefully none of 'em sniff a victory.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Can't decide between AZ or SEA. I think Qwest is a tougher venue to play in, but I think AZ is more talented. They both worry me, but not too much.

for me, 4-2 is acceptable as long as the two losess aren't to the same team?

sure we want to win them all, but 4-2 should still give us a good position IF tie breakers are necessary.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our biggest (and perhaps our only obstacle in 2012) will be ourselves - that's it - that's all. Just us. Stay healthy & execute and we win - simple.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Our biggest (and perhaps our only obstacle in 2012) will be ourselves - that's it - that's all. Just us. Stay healthy & execute and we win - simple.

That's along the same line I was going to go. Since the question was "who" my first thought was Alex Smith.

ZepTepi

Factorem fata mea
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My feelings exactly!

As for the "who" I'll have to agree with imac because our QB play is key to everything. If we get just good play from the QB position then we easily win the division and are playoff bound again. Anything better than that and the sky's the limit!

Last edited by a moderator:

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's along the same line I was going to go. Since the question was "who" my first thought was Alex Smith.

I like it - This answer is every bit as good and accurate as mine.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My feelings exactly!

As for the "who" I'll have to agree with imac because our QB play is key to everything. If we get just good play from the QB position then we easily win the division and are playoff bound again. Anything better than that and the sky's the limit!

Agreed!

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ditto.

As for team, I'll go with 'Hawks. Good defense, good running game.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lol, when I wrote it, I started with "what" but I didn't want the "our toughest enemy will be complacency" answers, so I changed to who. Next time, I'll whittle it down to "of the following three teams..."

:clap2:

:llama:

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

Agreed.

Smith is our biggest wild card at the moment and how successful he is this season ultimately how successful we'll be.

If Smith can put together an Eli Manning type year and what I mean by that is not blow you away with his passing prowess like a Brady, Brees, or Rodgers but be what I call quietly effective than this team will be difficult to beat.

If he regresses or is stuck in neutral than we likely won't be a major factor in the playoffs.

As for team I'll go with the Seahawks. Their defense is just shy of being dominant and they have more potential at QB than the Cards do.

But ultimately all things equal I don't see the Seahawks or Cards posing a serious threat to us winning the division.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, I agree with everyone else... Alex Smith is the guy. We need to see a lot more of what he did in the Saints game this year to match a 13 win season... especially with the 3 best offenses on the schedule.

The Seahawks have a pretty solid defense but their QB is as big of a wildcard to them as Smith is to the 49ers. He had two really good games with a really good supporting cast... as far as I'm concerned he basically did what Bono and Grbac did with the 49ers and will probably follow their paths after the 49ers. Good enough to start, but looks a lot more average without that really good team holding him up.

I think the Cardinals can only beat the 49ers if the 49ers fuck up, like last year's game. They beat themselves by screwing up the coverage on Fitzgerald on the big scoring plays that won the game for Arizona. Their QBs fucking suck, they pretty much just loft up flopping fish to Fitz and hope he comes down with it or hope that the defense screws up and leaves someone open.

The Rams are just too tough to call. I think Bradford is pretty good, but he can't do it by himself and that WR corps isn't scary at all. Stephen Jackson is still a beast, but the team's run defense is way too good for him to carry the Rams to victories over the 49ers. I think the 49ers will sweep them again, but who knows what Fisher will do for them... he might help them steal a game from the 49ers.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

+1

The first obstacle and perhaps the most significant one to overcome is ourselves.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The biggest obstacle is the schedule. I'd say it is the league's toughest. They could easily start oh and 2 playing the Packers and Lions but even if they do I'll still be confident they can win the division because the other teams in the division are so bad.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Cardinals:

Ryan Williams and Greg Toler (players that will make an impact that were injured last year)

drafted Floyd

Their O-Line sucks
but they have a great RB tandem
two hard to guard big WRs on the outside.
Kolb should be better his 2nd year in the offense.

D-Line is one of the best in the league (If not THE best).
Good ILB play.
Toler (Strong Impact)
Safeties are above average.

Peterson and Howling holding down the return duties.

RobertPhD01

49er Faithful Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yep, I agree with everyone else... Alex Smith is the guy. We need to see a lot more of what he did in the Saints game this year to match a 13 win season... especially with the 3 best offenses on the schedule.

The Seahawks have a pretty solid defense but their QB is as big of a wildcard to them as Smith is to the 49ers. He had two really good games with a really good supporting cast... as far as I'm concerned he basically did what Bono and Grbac did with the 49ers and will probably follow their paths after the 49ers. Good enough to start, but looks a lot more average without that really good team holding him up.

I think the Cardinals can only beat the 49ers if the 49ers fuck up, like last year's game. They beat themselves by screwing up the coverage on Fitzgerald on the big scoring plays that won the game for Arizona. Their QBs fucking suck, they pretty much just loft up flopping fish to Fitz and hope he comes down with it or hope that the defense screws up and leaves someone open.

The Rams are just too tough to call. I think Bradford is pretty good, but he can't do it by himself and that WR corps isn't scary at all. Stephen Jackson is still a beast, but the team's run defense is way too good for him to carry the Rams to victories over the 49ers. I think the 49ers will sweep them again, but who knows what Fisher will do for them... he might help them steal a game from the 49ers.
D Dont forget Lynch and The Soldier!

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Matt Flynn is the guy with two starts that the team initially felt was good enough to pay $6.5M a year but now doesn’t feel warrants being anointed as the starter.

they only way this makes even the vaguest form of logic is if the Seahawks are actively looking for Wilson to start in 2012.

Camp Tour 2012: Renton | ProFootballFocus.com