• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who here actually enjoys College Basketball over football?

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course a UCLA fan would say that. Worst CBB fans in the country

Come on.. you have to cut UCLA fans a little slack. Think of the history of that program... across all sports. And to have fallen so far over the years to be a footnote to most people's schedules... has to be tough to swallow. Almost like a historical place you want to stop and see where history was made all those years ago and have a "Hoosiers" like moment.

I am actually looking forward to that UK vs. UCLA game this season... think UCLA loses by 30+. Even with the "Ball" gimic brother there this year. Hopefully he can heave from 40 ft like he did in high school at a 40% clip else they are in trouble.

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NCAA Tournament is by far better than the bowls and even the new playoff system that the football side has. The tournament is more exciting and you never feel like you;re done until you;re actually done. Meanwhile, in football your season can be over by week two. After that all you have to play for is the potato chip bowl.

Even worse, after my team gets beat a couple times and you realize the dream is over.... I actually lose interest in their regular season games as well and resort to just checking the final score on my phone and moving on.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even worse, after my team gets beat a couple times and you realize the dream is over.... I actually lose interest in their regular season games as well and resort to just checking the final score on my phone and moving on.

Exactly my point. When my team loses two games or one to a bad team I lose all hope (with maybe the exception of this year). It could be mid way through the season and many teams could lose support. I could care less about the Brotato bowl. I want a shot at the title and an expanded playoff system is the way to go and for me that's 8 teams as I suggested in another thread.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do. The opening weekend of the ncaa tournament is one of my favorite events in all of sports.

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The "Big 4" used to play a pre-season tourney every year back in the day (1971-1981). I attended the last one. Wake Forest played uNC in the Championship and Frank Johnson lit the heels up and won it going away.

Had the Big 4 Tournament from 1971-1981, as well as the Dixie Classic Tournament from 1949-1961.

Really think my idea is a solid one. Probably will never happen, though. Sad.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I easily prefer college football, nothing matches that in my opinion

but I love college basketball because of the tournament, especially the first 2 days

and the fact that when college basketball is on there's good games to watch during the weekdays.

arkansas89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know why. My program is more known for football but I am more nostalgia towards CBB. Before my HS and College years I was more into college basketball and the NBA as a kid. It still seems to resonate with me and I love march madness more than any other sporting even.
I enjoy basketball more myself. We've been irrelevant for 20 years, i want desperately to see us return. We're on our way though, this years team is tourney bound for sure.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know why. My program is more known for football but I am more nostalgia towards CBB. Before my HS and College years I was more into college basketball and the NBA as a kid. It still seems to resonate with me and I love march madness more than any other sporting even.
I have to like CBB better than CFB. My team has never been any good in football. Hoops on the other hand....

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interestingly enough, Baylor and West Virginia have huge b-ball games today but are both playing in the football championship.

I wonder if anybody cares about the basketball game. :noidea: