• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who do you think makes the roster?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tried to get a response on this before. Here's an article on who they think makes the roster.

Seahawks 53-man roster prediction 2.0 - Field Gulls

Now I've seen it stated by some that they think the Seahawks only keep 6 secondary players. This article disagrees and I do think we may keep as many as 8.

Thoughts?

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure Seahawks wii start the season with that many WRs.

Harper may have to accept pract squad or released. We'll know more as preseason roll on.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harper is on the bubble for sure. I'm hoping he impresses shortly.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see any team carrying 10 OL. 8 is what most teams go with. They also tend to take 14 front 7 defenders with preference for DL. A 7th LB wouldn't normally get on the field. TEs have greater depth value than people realise. I've seen plenty of teams keep 5 and i'm guessing the average is above 4. Perhaps a lot of them play on special teams. Given the different traits TEs can have, (and the injury rates), 3 would seem to be low.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see any team carrying 10 OL. 8 is what most teams go with. They also tend to take 14 front 7 defenders with preference for DL. A 7th LB wouldn't normally get on the field. TEs have greater depth value than people realise. I've seen plenty of teams keep 5 and i'm guessing the average is above 4. Perhaps a lot of them play on special teams. Given the different traits TEs can have, (and the injury rates), 3 would seem to be low.

I'm not 100% sure, but three TE seems to be the norm for the Seahawks under Pete Carroll. As for 10 OL all I can say is the Seahawks have had OL injuried ( dating back before Pete Carroll) so often that I see it as possible.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was impressed by some of the guys that I didn't even know were on the team until they played on Thursday and if they continue to impress, they're gonna make the decision for Carroll and and his staff very difficult. The announcers kept saying during the broadcast that they wouldn't be surprised to see quite a few cuts from the Seahawks end up making the roster on other teams in the league, which just makes it harder on the guys in charge to narrow it down to 53.

As you guys alluded to, making things even more difficult will be the position breakdown that Carroll and his staff want to go into the regular season with. It's going to be very interesting to see who breaks out and who doesn't over the next three weeks. With so many projected starters not playing in the San Diego game, we got more of a look at some of these guys than we probably would have under normal circumstances. Not much more, but more.