• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

White Sox/Red Sox in Talks Over Jose Abreu

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
White Sox in talks with Red Sox about Jose Abreu trade — report

31 in January, but has said he wants to be around through the rebuild and mentor all of the young kids coming up. He's the only Spanish speaking vet we have, a good bulk of the kids we have coming up are Cuban (like Abreu) and he's our only Spanish speaking vet. I mean... he's basically our only true "veteran" period. At least, one that's worth a damn. lol

I suppose that if the Red Sox came up with some phenomenal offer, that's the only way the Sox would do it. However, after the Sale deal and bringing up Devers. They only have two top 100 prospects, and I think this would have to be a three-way deal. Right?

I mean, I love the massive stock of top prospects we've accumulated. However, I'm just not sure that it's necessary to gather more. Especially in exchange for our team captain. I like the idea of keeping one veteran centerpiece around, in the midst of a rebuild. To help mentor the young guys and bridge the gap. Kind of like how Zimmerman has never left Washington. I would want another pretty size-able haul, or else no thanks.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think the Red Sox will wisely dangle JBJ in every deal, seeing who will bit on him being a centerpiece

I do wonder what a Boegarts can bring back, Ive never been a fan, but at his age, he may still have some pretty high value

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think the Red Sox will wisely dangle JBJ in every deal, seeing who will bit on him being a centerpiece

I do wonder what a Boegarts can bring back, Ive never been a fan, but at his age, he may still have some pretty high value

"Give us your best hitter, and we will give you our shittiest hitter and a prospect."

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't mind Abreu with Boston. Could be a cheaper ask from the White Sox than from the Marlins for Stanton.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The White Sox have Tim Anderson, with whom they still love AND they have Luis Robert. Who was THE top international prospect (shortstop) out of Cuba that they signed a year ago.

I'm not sure that they'd have much interest in Boegarts... and if JBJ was the centerpiece of a Jose Abreu trade. I would burn every house in my town to the ground, and put a bullet in my brain.

However, with how good of a job the White Sox FO has been doing with dealing their vets lately. I don't believe that happens. I don't hate JBJ, FWIW. He can really do some damage against RHP. I just don't think you can keep betting on him to pan out into this big star.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Red Sox are going to dump MLB ready players/prospects for someone, I'd much rather do it for Abreu. He might actually present a bigger upgrade at 1B than Stanton would for their OF, and that's not even getting into the contract situations. They could also get Santana at a reasonable contract and not give up prospects. Some of the Sox best prospects are pitchers and I'd rather not give them up right now.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The White Sox have Tim Anderson, with whom they still love AND they have Luis Robert. Who was THE top international prospect (shortstop) out of Cuba that they signed a year ago.

I'm not sure that they'd have much interest in Boegarts... and if JBJ was the centerpiece of a Jose Abreu trade. I would burn every house in my town to the ground, and put a bullet in my brain.

However, with how good of a job the White Sox FO has been doing with dealing their vets lately. I don't believe that happens. I don't hate JBJ, FWIW. He can really do some damage against RHP. I just don't think you can keep betting on him to pan out into this big star.

This seems like a bit of an overreaction

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This seems like a bit of an overreaction

You may have a legitimate gripe, but I'm in too deep now. I can't back down, or else what kind of a man would I be?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Red Sox are going to dump MLB ready players/prospects for someone, I'd much rather do it for Abreu. He might actually present a bigger upgrade at 1B than Stanton would for their OF, and that's not even getting into the contract situations. They could also get Santana at a reasonable contract and not give up prospects. Some of the Sox best prospects are pitchers and I'd rather not give them up right now.

I think the best thing about Abreu is his typically solid health and unbelievable consistency. Always healthy... Has his hot streaks, for sure. Small ups-and-downs. However, there's rarely a legitimate slump. Bad one week stints? Sure, just like anyone... but the numbers speak for themselves. He's a lock to play a full-season *knock on wood* and to produce roughly 30 HR's and 100 RBI's every year. I wish I could see what his numbers would look like if he had actually played his entire professional career in the big leagues. Didn't defect until he was 26.

He would do a lot of damage in Fenway. Between him and Sale playing together, I'd really take a liking to that team. lol

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the best thing about Abreu is his typically solid health and unbelievable consistency. Always healthy... Has his hot streaks, for sure. Small ups-and-downs. However, there's rarely a legitimate slump. Bad one week stints? Sure, just like anyone... but the numbers speak for themselves. He's a lock to play a full-season *knock on wood* and to produce roughly 30 HR's and 100 RBI's every year. I wish I could see what his numbers would look like if he had actually played his entire professional career in the big leagues. Didn't defect until he was 26.

He would do a lot of damage in Fenway. Between him and Sale playing together, I'd really take a liking to that team. lol
Still think the Sox would be better off going for Santana as it wouldn't require trading any prospects, it shouldn't cost too much money and he's a good player that's stayed on the field every year minus his rookie year (when his season ended on a collision at home plate). Abreu can be a damn good hitter though.