• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Which team did better with their first two draft picks? Jaguars or Cowboys

Which team did better with their first 2 picks?

• Dallas Cowboys: Ezekiel Elliott, Jaylon Smith

Votes: 19 20.9%
  • Jacksonville Jaguars: Jalen Ramsey, Myles Jack

Votes: 72 79.1%

• Total voters

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before his injury, Jaylon Smith was a top 5 lock and even considered a likely top 3 choice.
Didn't know that, in that case it really is a toss up. Might have to change my pick to the Cowboys, still comes down to which injured 2nd round pick performs the best.

SilverFalco8

TXOD BX 507
Hoopla Cash
$ 87.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jags. In my opinion best way to rebuild is to start with defense. Defense wins championships!

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jag's hands down.....

Why draft a LB with a knee issue when one of your good LB can't stay on the field.....

Fox sports hammered them ( Cowboys) about take Zek when there defense has so many holes....

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to go Jags. Cowboys all ready had McFadden, Morris and Dunbar at RB, so not really a need there. However they did have holes on the DL and secondary, really could of used Ramsey for a need, he's looks to be very good. Jags also had need in the secondary, so Ramsey was a no brainer.

As for the injuried players, probably a wasted pick for both teams.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I voted Cowboys because there was no choice that said 'they both shit the bed'.

Both teams drafted 'shiny' in the 1st, 'pie in the sky' in the 2nd.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely the Jags. Both picks were considered top 5 first rounders months ago and it doesn't look like Jack needs arthroscopic knee surgery.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For 2016 I will say the Jags, if Smith returns healthy in 2017 I'd say Dallas.

Xulu Bak

Hoopla Cash
$ 148.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Contrary to my position on drafting RBs early, I went Dallas, largely because I think they had inside info on Smith. Conversely, Jack's knee is basically a ticking time bomb that no one can predict.

cowboys5xsbs

Surprise Motherfucker
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A good running game does help the cowboys defense though because it limits how much the opposing offense has the ball. If they get back to the 2014 form of dominating time of possesion and pounding the ball EE becomes a huge pickup. Dallas actually had a competent defense last year that gets back it's best corner this year. If EE turns in a Murray like season and Jaylon comes back next year this is a win for Dallas.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A good running game does help the cowboys defense though because it limits how much the opposing offense has the ball. If they get back to the 2014 form of dominating time of possesion and pounding the ball EE becomes a huge pickup. Dallas actually had a competent defense last year that gets back it's best corner this year. If EE turns in a Murray like season and Jaylon comes back next year this is a win for Dallas.
What? You don't think McFadden, Morris and Dunbar are good enough? Behind that line? Aren't you hurting at DL? Is your secondary up to snuff? Wouldn't Ramsey or Bosa be a better choice? Yes, they would. EE was a typical glitz pick, thought the Cowboys got away from doing that?

cowboys5xsbs

Surprise Motherfucker
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What? You don't think McFadden, Morris and Dunbar are good enough? Behind that line? Aren't you hurting at DL? Is your secondary up to snuff? Wouldn't Ramsey or Bosa be a better choice? Yes, they would. EE was a typical glitz pick, thought the Cowboys got away from doing that?
EE is alot better than Mcfadden and Morris. Dunbar will start the season on the PUP list. We are hurting for the first 4 weeks at dline due to suspensions. We added a few guys in the draft who will try to tide us over. Bosa was already gone but he would have been a the best pick probably.

As far as Ramsey goes I think he is very talented but IDK how well he would have fit our system. He is more of a press corner and we really don't play much press. He would probably have converted to Strong Saftey. I am sure he would have been just fine playing Safety. I honostly prefered Ramsey to Elliot but I do understand the pick and what they are trying to do. Our runningbacks were horrible in pass protection last year which got romo killed and Zeke comes in as a complete back who can block, pass, and run. Like I mentioned if they get back to clock control it will help our defense like it did 2 years ago.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EE is alot better than Mcfadden and Morris. Dunbar will start the season on the PUP list. We are hurting for the first 4 weeks at dline due to suspensions. We added a few guys in the draft who will try to tide us over. Bosa was already gone but he would have been a the best pick probably.

As far as Ramsey goes I think he is very talented but IDK how well he would have fit our system. He is more of a press corner and we really don't play much press. He would probably have converted to Strong Saftey. I am sure he would have been just fine playing Safety. I honostly prefered Ramsey to Elliot but I do understand the pick and what they are trying to do. Our runningbacks were horrible in pass protection last year which got romo killed and Zeke comes in as a complete back who can block, pass, and run. Like I mentioned if they get back to clock control it will help our defense like it did 2 years ago.
Well Zeke well be dang good, but honestly the Cowboys had greater needs then improving on the RB. Think Fordman agrees with me on this matter, as do lots of Cowboys fans. Just saying....

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Zeke well be dang good, but honestly the Cowboys had greater needs then improving on the RB. Think Fordman agrees with me on this matter, as do lots of Cowboys fans. Just saying....
Many of us do, I'd prefered Ransey or Buckner, and Spence in the 2nd, but I also see the plus Elliott brings in protection for Romo and whoever finally replaces him. I am more against the Smith pick because there is no 2016 help there, but considering the Dallas team Dr. performed the surgery on the knee I'll trust the team believes hell make a full recovery.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would have rather seen them go with Ramsey.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys could have gotten Ramsey at 4 and this guy named Derrick Henry in the 2nd round...if they really wanted a RB that badly.
Heck, they could have traded down with the Ravens if they wanted Elliot that badly. Drafting Elliot in the top 5 has to be one of the dumbest moves I can think of.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heck, they could have traded down with the Ravens if they wanted Elliot that badly. Drafting Elliot in the top 5 has to be one of the dumbest moves I can think of.
Reports are the teams talked, but the Cowboys wanted too much, there are mentions of a 3rd Rd pick, sounds like the Ravens only wanted to trad 1sts and a 4th by the chart that's 100 points to low. In hindsight maybe the trade should have been Ravens 1st and 3rd for Dallas 1st and 4th. Points favor Dallas but it was the Ravens wanting to jump JVille for Ramsey, and Dallas would be risking losing out on Elliott.