• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Which of the young Alabama/Oklahoma QBs in the NFL end up being the best over the course of their careers?

Which of the young Alabama/Oklahoma QBs in the NFL end up being the best over the course of their ca

• Total voters

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason
I don't reply to your post is because I have never, ever even once said he "is going to regress". So why the fuck are you asking me why he's going to regress is stupid. Fuck, you Eagles fans are annoying. Exactly my point of getting defensive for no reason. Never in the post you quoted did I even mention the word regression. Are you fucking illiterate or what?
I’m really sorry that paraphrasing isn’t on your radar. I didn’t know that we were literalists. Sorry. When you’re talking about one good year and you’ve overlooked 7 years of progress you’re not using the word regression but you’re maintaining that it’s a distinct possibility and that we should wait.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whether you like it or not, when you say that people are too quick to assess and say “one great year” that implies the possibility of regression. Why is Hurts a candidate for regression?
It doesn't imply or maintain anything and it was a broader statement on all QBs, not just Hurts.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't imply or maintain anything and it was a broader statement on all QBs, not just Hurts.
Sure you did. Words matter. You were talking about one great year and telling people to slow down. This QB has been on an upward trajectory as a passer for 7 straight years. His improvement wasn’t always as dramatic but he’s progressed each year. So why is it unfair for me to ask you why you think he will regress?

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A HOF Oline and hurts being young and dumb enough to tuck it and run it, is what makes him good. I mean it’s the same as when rg 3 and out was a rookie until he got an ACL. However, hurts is better and bigger. Maybe he becomes a better pocket passer though

Jalen Hurts becoming a better pocket passer is scary for the league since he was already the best passer from the pocket last year.

Fx309VoWAAI5gzW

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
three teams...Baltimore, Arizona, and Philly
you respect the running and game plan for them to beat you passing the football.

26 TD's and 3600 yards.
Hurts could be far worse this season and still beat his high water mark.
Bonus for coach if he does: He can talk shit about 8 years improvement as a passer

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny how defensive fans get when we don't jump to praise "their guy". I have never said Hurts will falter or fail but just that we should wait and see. Hell, I'm still not 100% sold on Josh Allen given his propensity to play "Superman". Something Cam Newton did in his early days. I'm not proclaiming Hurts is like Michael Vick either. I actually like Hurts and his intangibles. But Eagles fans are already clamoring to anoint him and get the gold jacket ready, it seems. You think you guys would step back and be a little more conservative on your take given the recent history of another AMVP that you all thought was destined for greatness.
You are a year late on Hurts. He had big flaws. He corrected them.

I was educating you, not defending Hurts. He already defended himself on the field. Proved almost everyone wrong, Eagles fans and non-Eagles fans.

Some non-Eagles fans will be a year late understanding this because they didn't watch it closely enough. Understandable.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hurts has made great strides to get where he's at now but the key to that success was Howie fixing his fucked up mistake (RTK's man crush Jalen Reagor) in trading for AJ Brown. He surrounded Hurts with legit WR1 to go along with Smith and the offense has become very good. I had my doubts about Siriani as all Eagles fan did but his system works for these players.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jalen Hurts becoming a better pocket passer is scary for the league since he was already the best passer from the pocket last year.

Fx309VoWAAI5gzW
Easy to have good pocket stats, when 1st sign of trouble you run vs. making the hard throw.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy to have good pocket stats, when 1st sign of trouble you run vs. making the hard throw.

I see you prefer the Dak technique of when 1st sign of trouble you throw the ball to a defender.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see you prefer the Dak technique of when 1st sign of trouble you throw the ball to a defender.
I prefer the Drew Brees technique.

Be accurate as fuck!

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just say you didn’t watch him. It’s fine to admit that. You’re talking about the QB from the two years prior to last season. That wasn’t the guy who played last year.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just say you didn’t watch him. It’s fine to admit that. You’re talking about the QB from the two years prior to last season. That wasn’t the guy who played last year.
You do know he led the league in rush att. for QBs right?
QB rush att..PNG

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do know he led the league in rush att. for QBs right?
View attachment 332671
You do know that you have to actually watch the games to step out on the comment you made right? You know what’s a rush attempt? A kneel down. A QB sneak. A called keep. None of these things have anything to do with your comment saying he’s essentially a one read and run QB. Like I said, just say you don’t watch him much.

Here’s a tweet with a different purpose (coming back at people pissed that they have called runs for Hurts in the offense). This has him at 45 scrambles. That’s 3 scrambles a game as he played 15 games last year. He had 30.7 pass attempts per game. That’s 3 times per game he ran on roughly 34 drop backs per game. That’s not a one read and run QB.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do know that you have to actually watch the games to step out on the comment you made right? You know what’s a rush attempt? A kneel down. A QB sneak. A called keep. None of these things have anything to do with your comment saying he’s essentially a one read and run QB. Like I said, just say you don’t watch him much.

Here’s a tweet with a different purpose (coming back at people pissed that they have called runs for Hurts in the offense). This has him at 45 scrambles. That’s 3 scrambles a game as he played 15 games last year. He had 30.7 pass attempts per game. That’s 3 times per game he ran on roughly 34 drop backs per game. That’s not a one read and run QB.
I dont mean to say he is a kaepernick.
I know he kicked ass last year. but his legs were a big part of that. (not every pass att. was in the pocket)
My point to your cheerleader (RTK) is Hurts isnt the best pocket passer in the NFL. LOL
Honestly thought you knew that.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont mean to say he is a kaepernick.
I know he kicked ass last year. but his legs were a big part of that. (not every pass att. was in the pocket)
My point to your cheerleader (RTK) is Hurts isnt the best pocket passer in the NFL. LOL
Honestly thought you knew that.
I didn’t respond to any of that. I responded to you saying first time he’s in trouble he runs. From week 2 with Minnesota I saw a completely different QB. He made plays from the pocket all night. He climbs the pocket now. The biggest adjustment he’s made is doing his work through the week and pre snap. He has gotten better at understanding Pre snap where the best decision is going be. When you get your work done presnap you don’t have to worry as much about the 2nd read.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn’t respond to any of that. I responded to you saying first time he’s in trouble he runs. From week 2 with Minnesota I saw a completely different QB. He made plays from the pocket all night. He climbs the pocket now. The biggest adjustment he’s made is doing his work through the week and pre snap. He has gotten better at understanding Pre snap where the best decision is going be. When you get your work done presnap you don’t have to worry as much about the 2nd read.
well with RTK you keep it short & simple. He has a short attention span. Wasnt gonna go into a detailed reasoning why his pocket #'s looked like the best.

BTW I didnt refer to him as one read QB I refer to him not taking chances with his throws. He would just run.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is stupid as all get out.

Every QB beats themselves up over a loss like that. I know his fans want him to him to be different but come on man this is like saying the sun is hot and water is wet, click on me and share! Stupid.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fact is no other QB in the league has the drive and chip on his shoulder to prove others wrong that Hurts has. The knly one that did just retired, Tom Brady.
That’s stupid. How do you measure that or quantify that? For sure he’s a driven player and has a great work ethic but pronouncements like these are Fan Boi shit.
And this is coming off one of the greatest performances ever by a QB in the Super Bowl.
In a loss is what Jalen would be quick to tell you. Job not done.