• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Which damaged QB has the better game this week? Romo or Rodgers?

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two QB's in do or die situations. Both playing division rivals. Win you're in, lose you go home.

Rodgers hasn't played in what? 6 weeks? Plus his defense is sketchy.

Romo has been up and down all season, and he may have a serious back issue. Philly is playing well and would love to put out the Cowboy's lights. Plus Dallas's defense is sketchy too.

If these two do end up playing who will have the better day?

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two QB's in do or die situations. Both playing division rivals. Win you're in, lose you go home.

Rodgers hasn't played in what? 6 weeks? Plus his defense is sketchy.

Romo has been up and down all season, and he may have a serious back issue. Philly is playing well and would love to put out the Cowboy's lights. Plus Dallas's defense is sketchy too.

If these two do end up playing who will have the better day?

Rodgers, that's easy.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers, that's easy.

Normally I'd agree 100% but with him not playing for so long he's got to be a bit rusty and he'll be playing a Bears team that is playing pretty well. If they can sack him early and maybe get a hit on that sore shoulder he could get happy feet and make some bad decisions.

On the other hand Romo is more than likely going to make some poor decisions because that is what he does in big games. But, Romo can play really well at times. The only question is if his back will take any kind of hit. That's if he even plays.

packfancjh

Hoopla Cash
$ 403.15
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers has been practicing for a couple of weeks and very well may have Cobb back.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A rusty and dinged up Rogers > even a healthy Romo every day of the week.

Answer here is obvious.

pumpkinhead33793

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers has been practicing for a couple of weeks and very well may have Cobb back.

But has Rodgers practiced outside in 20 degree weather yet? Or has he only practiced in that 70 degree practice dome of theirs with no wind? And has Rodgers been practicing with the 1st team for a few weeks? Has he been practicing 11 on 11 drills with a pass rush?

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How up and down has Romo been? Does he have a 3+ INT game this season? With 31 TDs, 10 INTs, and no 3+ INT games, I think he's been fairly consistent this season. Now the way he's portrayed in the press from week to week changes, but that's nothing new.

All that said, if he plays, one big hit and he's done on Sunday. The Eagles will definitely blitz him early, and unless he gets lucky, he's going to take some hits. I just can't see him having a good game knowing that he probably can't take a hit.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My brother had a herniated disk in his upper back occur 3 years ago. He's still dealing with constant pain from it and it's really slowed him down. It can be a crippling to total career ending type of injury, especially for a football player, even if surgery occurs.

Maybe Romo gets the magic shot and tries to play through it, but if it's serious enough to require surgery, the guy could be done with football.

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping Rodgers doesn't miss a beat, but 7 weeks of no meaningful football?? I think there will be an adjustment period. I still think he gives us our best chance at winning, but I don't think he just steps right in and picks up where he left off. The speed, the hits, reaction time, how you see the field, etc all changes with that much time off. If he can overcome all that, great, but I suspect we'll see a few miscues.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping Rodgers doesn't miss a beat, but 7 weeks of no meaningful football?? I think there will be an adjustment period. I still think he gives us our best chance at winning, but I don't think he just steps right in and picks up where he left off. The speed, the hits, reaction time, how you see the field, etc all changes with that much time off. If he can overcome all that, great, but I suspect we'll see a few miscues.

Hasn't he been practicing full go for a few weeks?

LoftonPack80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He does have the denefit of a running game going against the worse run defense in the league. Its not all on his shoulders.

Last edited by a moderator:

LoftonPack80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Normally I'd agree 100% but with him not playing for so long he's got to be a bit rusty and he'll be playing a Bears team that is playing pretty well. If they can sack him early and maybe get a hit on that sore shoulder he could get happy feet and make some bad decisions.

On the other hand Romo is more than likely going to make some poor decisions because that is what he does in big games. But, Romo can play really well at times. The only question is if his back will take any kind of hit. That's if he even plays.

Dude they have lost two of three, been curb stomped on national TV and their one win was against freaking Cleveland where it took a "toss it up and hope for the best" play from Smoking Jay...how are they playing well?

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hasn't he been practicing full go for a few weeks?

no,Flynn has been taking starter reps until now and even so, almost 2 months without game action and speed and decision making does impact you. I don't care if you play tennis, wrestling, run agility with your dog or play QB in the NFL, when everyone else around you is competing and at game speed, you have to catch up.

I'm not saying he'll look like Jay Cutler out there, but i do expect there to be some rust. I'd love to be wrong, i hope I am. I hope he's 30 for 30 with 6 td's and 0 INT's. I hope Lacy is 100% , despite leaving a game for the 2nd week in a row with the same injury, last week for the duration of the game. I hope our porous defense now without Matthews and Jolly can stop Forte and get a pass rush to make Cutler make mistakes. If they give him all day to throw, Rodgers might have to go 50 for 50 with 8 TD's because now Cutler has receivers that even when he throws up prayers and ducks, they can come down with them.

BobGnarly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Shocker

Last edited by a moderator:

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo just maximized Dallas's chance to win. It would take perfection by Rodgers to match his contribution, so I vote romo.

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guarantee no interceptions from Romo this week.