• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Where's the party at?

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey all Bay Area natives,

I am going to be in the City the weekend of the 2nd through the 4th. Even though I live fairly colse by and I have spent my fair share of time there, I am looking for something new.

Where are some fun/good places to get shitfaced? Also recomendations on restaurants are welcome. I know I can go to yelp but my experience is that most people are jackasses with bad taste (Carl's Jr gets 3 out of 5 stars?!?) and I would rather hear opinions from people I know.

I have a pretty wide taste range so anything goes, I will drink anywhere from dive bars to hipster hangouts.

Also if anyone is interested in grabbing a cocktail PM me. I will be in San Francisco on Friday the 2nd and at the Sharks game on the 3rd.

Cheers.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Restaurant: El Charrito. It's a little hole in the wall in San Carlos, but it's got the best Red Salsa ever. Their wet burrito's are my "go to" (and no Slim, that's not a metaphor). If you like Mexican food, you should check it out. It's on Holly and El Camino.

Bars: McGoverns/The Pig and Whistle. McGoverns is an old Irish Bar in San Mateo that I used to frequent back when I was 21 with all my buddies. Now it's a little trendy, but it used to be a dive.....so the lady scene has gotten a lot better, lol. They serve strong as drinks and you didn't have to sift through a line (just my type :)) The Pig and Whistle is the bar I used to like to go to up in SF. Never ate there, but supposedly the food was pretty good too.

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the info Filo. The Pig & Whistle sounds familiar, I don't think I have been there but I have definitely heard the name. I'll look into it.

And I love Mexican food. Have you been to the Gordos place that Vee and loilsh (or however the fuck you spell it) have talked about? I'm wondering how they stack up.

I've got a sister that lives in Oakland but she isn't so much into the dives and hole in the wall places as she is the trendy and hipster so the info is much appreciated.

KillerVee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can always come out to my hood and have dinner and drinks at the Broken Record. It's fancy bar foid but cheap and we have whiskey on tap. I'll even meet you there for a drink :) the staff has my back so I know you won't be able to roofie me and drag me out!

KillerVee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For sit-down Mex food, try Tommy's on Geary. Not to be confused with Tommy's Joynt on Van Ness. Tommy's has the best margaritas in the city.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can always come out to my hood and have dinner and drinks at the Broken Record. It's fancy bar foid but cheap and we have whiskey on tap. I'll even meet you there for a drink :) the staff has my back so I know you won't be able to roofie me and drag me out!

I guess we'll never meet then :(

;)

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What if I just get you drunk and ask nicely? ;)

I'll have my wife with me so we won't be taking advantage of any unsuspecting women. Trust me, I've been trying for the last five years...

Automattic

I'm baaaaaaack....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
3474aee4-06f8-4a90-8e92-76fe733847bb.jpg

avatar_quagmire_rrdadBs.sized.jpg

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can li0lsh come too!?

That's why I made the thread.

Where is your hood anyway (I could google 'the broken record' but I'm too lazy)? Is it anywhere near mission? The wife has heard good things about mission burritos and is convinced it is the best Mexican food outside of Mexico and is pushing to eat in that area.

KillerVee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I (and the bar) are located in the Excelsior, otherwise known as the Outer Mission. Mission Street. There are a lot of good taquerias out here but the regular Mission District claims they have the best. I am not convinced though. But seriously though. BR has pulled pork sandwiches, burgers with bacon ground into the beef, sweet potato tater tots, crawfish and grits, crispy pork tenderloin sandwiches, fish tacos, pork fries (waffle fries with pulled pork and cheese), etc. Really yummy stuff.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why I made the thread.

Where is your hood anyway (I could google 'the broken record' but I'm too lazy)? Is it anywhere near mission? The wife has heard good things about mission burritos and is convinced it is the best Mexican food outside of Mexico and is pushing to eat in that area.

I can't find a burrito place in the Mission yet that can beat anything out in the Tri-Valley where I live. I am in SF every other Saturday for ebay business during the day and have been trying a new Taqueria each time in the Mission (unless my friend pushes me to see her instead, she is a vegetarian). Lettuce on a burrito and/or limited (not free) chips/salsa eliminate any hope to beat the two Tri-Valley joints I enjoy. They serve gut bombs, and that is what desire.

KillerVee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK so who else is coming? LI0LSH!? You always flake on me, you little minx!

KillerVee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want filo to go. And Potzer. And Yoshi. Who else is local?

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want filo to go. And Potzer. And Yoshi. Who else is local?

Sorry lady, I'm down in Fresneck now. I miss San Mateo :(

Next time I'm up in the hood though, I'll let you know! Gotta love Anchor Steam on tap!!!

I think SJVP is from up in the area, but he just had a 2nd kid, lol.....so he may be a no go.

Last edited by a moderator:

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If any of u make it down too San Jose and are craving fast cheap mexican food, then id sugguest going to Taco Bravo.

Its a small version of Taco Bell, but its hella better. "Well I think so"

KillerVee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Likewise, slim! It was really nice to meet you and your wife. Hope I didn't scare you off of meeting another hooplan! Have fun at the game tonight!