• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Where is the Waco Kid? Bird hunting in Baltimore. Rangers vs Orioles 7 4-6

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am totally uninterested in moderate upgrades at the break. Just gives manage excuse not to play guys needing experience the rest of the way.
Still floored he benched Leody a few games about a week ago

Everyone gets an off day to recoup. Interested who starts this Friday.
at some point we need to clear some of the clutter at the ML level like Miller, Culberson, some of the bodies in the pitching and bring up those prospects we need to see if they can handle it. once Duran has had time in AAA to get comfortable in the OF i want him to be here for the rest of the season

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Woody is here next year, then you will know how serious the FO is taking contention.
not sure i agree.woody is having to deal with what he's got. i know most of us would rather see multiple players put at the end of the bench but we are limited to 26 at the MLB and some of them are either going to have to play at times or be released. woody doesn't control; that and i doubt he actually controls who gets sent down or called up. he may say to the FO "i want to send these players back down and these called up" but they make the call and as far as the Miller's, Calhoun's, Culberson's, Lowe's etc it is strictly up to the FO.

and next season if it's Woody or whomever at manager nothing will change just who is leaning on the railing in the dugout

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not sure i agree.woody is having to deal with what he's got. i know most of us would rather see multiple players put at the end of the bench but we are limited to 26 at the MLB and some of them are either going to have to play at times or be released. woody doesn't control; that and i doubt he actually controls who gets sent down or called up. he may say to the FO "i want to send these players back down and these called up" but they make the call and as far as the Miller's, Calhoun's, Culberson's, Lowe's etc it is strictly up to the FO.

and next season if it's Woody or whomever at manager nothing will change just who is leaning on the railing in the dugout

Woody definitely has his faults, but he's not the reason Seager is hitting .230-ish, he's not the one who decided Kole Calhoun and Brad Miller should have been signed, etc. And managers don't make the call about who comes up or goes down.

The Rangers were expected to have a better record this year than last year, and it's looking like they will do that. That's generally the measuring stick of a manager. If they start backsliding and regressing, and end up just a few games better, the FO might make a change.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assuming we've ever known where they were to begin with
Yes, that is the assumption. I guess anything including trading Perez, and Seager is a possibility.

Maybe I am wrong in assuming, but until they prove to be liars, I will keep assuming they are telling the truth like they did last offseason and the previous offseasons when they told us which direction they were going.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, that is the assumption. I guess anything including trading Perez, and Seager is a possibility.

Maybe I am wrong in assuming, but until they prove to be liars, I will keep assuming they are telling the truth like they did last offseason and the previous offseasons when they told us which direction they were going.
The manager, on the other hand, is a different story. I don't trust him to tell the truth.

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

there's the rub. they've said (AFAIK) that they would take into account improving things this season, but the goal was also to improve the long term position of the club as well.

but what *we* consider "improvement" and what *they* consider it could be two different things. if they make moves we don't agree with, that doesn't make them liars, technically.

take Woody for example. I'm sure he feels his roster lineups are the best ones he can run out there, but I certainly don't agree with them. But I can't rightfully say he's purposely not sending the best one out.

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Each contender's most glaring Deadline need

Rangers: Starting pitcher
Texas made headlines over the winter with its signing of free agents Corey Seager and Marcus Semien, and while the Rangers could try to make another big splash with a trade for Frankie Montas or Luis Castillo, it is just as likely that the club tries to bolster the middle of the rotation at a cheaper price.

Potential fit: José Quintana, Pirates

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woody definitely has his faults, but he's not the reason Seager is hitting .230-ish, he's not the one who decided Kole Calhoun and Brad Miller should have been signed, etc. And managers don't make the call about who comes up or goes down.

The Rangers were expected to have a better record this year than last year, and it's looking like they will do that. That's generally the measuring stick of a manager. If they start backsliding and regressing, and end up just a few games better, the FO might make a change.
I would expect the mgr to get a message across to take more pitches at times and don’t pull everything. I expect in extra innings there is an emphasis on context and hitting the other way
I expect players to be worked with to be other infield defensive skills like Wash did
I expect him no to have Leody on the bench 3 out of 4 games earlier. I expect when he pinch hits it is not for Leody and surely not insert him at DH. I expect some talk with OBP for your leadoff guys. I expect him to do something different for the closer I expect him not to make excuses for kisses due to travel which every other team in the MLB has to do

I expect him to de commit himself to making ABS for Duggar and Culbertson

So yeah my personal expectations which mean very little have not been met by the mgr

But yeah Seager makes his own outs not the mgr

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mock: Top 5 shuffle as Rocker enters 1st round

3. Rangers: Brooks Lee, SS, Cal Poly (No. 5)
While it seems less likely that Lee could go No. 1 than it did two or three weeks ago, he seems to be gaining steam at picks Nos. 2 or 3. The Rangers love Jones (but have no shot) and Holliday, and if they're both gone, it looks like Lee vs. Georgia Tech catcher Kevin Parada and Florida high school outfielder Elijah Green.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if they make moves we don't agree with, that doesn't make them liars, technically.
No. That is not what I was thinking either.

When I said, "I wonder if the front office is close to changing their mind about needing to show support for this team at the trade deadline," I assumed that when they mentioned that, that they were genuinely interested in doing so. Now I am wondering if they have changed their mind.

It has nothing to do with agreeing with moves or not.

They would only be liars in this situation if they never had any intention of doing so.

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. That is not what I was thinking either.

When I said, "I wonder if the front office is close to changing their mind about needing to show support for this team at the trade deadline," I assumed that when they mentioned that, that they were genuinely interested in doing so. Now I am wondering if they have changed their mind.

It has nothing to do with agreeing with moves or not.

They would only be liars in this situation if they never had any intention of doing so.

I probably shouldn't really jump into the conversation in the first place. 99% of what the FO or manager says means nothing to me.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have never been a fan of the "trade and then re-sign" philosophy, or the "Rangers could be in the WC hunt in 2022" philosophy.
Yup Newberg and guys question thought process both flawed minus we do likely need an innings eater after the break

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would expect the mgr to get a message across to take more pitches at times and don’t pull everything. I expect in extra innings there is an emphasis on context and hitting the other way
I expect players to be worked with to be other infield defensive skills like Wash did
I expect him no to have Leody on the bench 3 out of 4 games earlier. I expect when he pinch hits it is not for Leody and surely not insert him at DH. I expect some talk with OBP for your leadoff guys. I expect him to do something different for the closer I expect him not to make excuses for kisses due to travel which every other team in the MLB has to do

I expect him to de commit himself to making ABS for Duggar and Culbertson

So yeah my personal expectations which mean very little have not been met by the mgr

But yeah Seager makes his own outs not the mgr
Well said.