• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Where is the CFP discussion thread?

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dabo is the Lou Holtz of the 21st Century.

Not even close! Dabo has stuck with one team as head coach, and, unlike Holtz, his teams didn't get good for a while & then hit a brick wall. He also hasn't jumped ship every few years or had his teams put on probation.

Find another comparison.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Truthfully I’m shocked non of you have mentioned the possibility of absolute catastrophe for the 4 spot. It’s looking more than likely we’ll have 4 1 loss teams for one spot. An that’s not even counting if Georgia would win the SECchamp game.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will never happen. But I can dream.....

Imagine how much ESPNSEC heads would explode in this scenario

LSU beats Bama
LSU loses to Texas A&M
UGA loses to Auburn or Texas A&M
Bama loses to Barn
UGA beats LSU in SECCG

UGA, LSU & Bama all have 2 losses

1. Ohio State - undefeated
2. Clemson - undefeated
3. Oklahoma - 1 loss
4. Oregon - 1 loss

Come on Texas A&M and Auburn, ya bums, do something.

Most of those are realistic tbh...but A&M couldn't beat a 3 legged dog...I'll give it a .00001 % chance lol

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of those are realistic tbh...but A&M couldn't beat a 3 legged dog...I'll give it a .00001 % chance lol

Maybe LSU's whole starting offense comes down with ebola or something, they could beat them then.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
End of Season Results Best Guess
1. Ohio State (undefeated)
2. Alabama or LSU (undefeated)
3. Clemson (undefeated)
4. Alabama, LSU or Penn State (1 loss)

Oregon lost to the 5th best team in the SEC.

UGA lost to USCe and will likely get another loss in the SECCG

Oklahoma lost to K-State, but they probably have the best chance to upset my prediction.

Utah will likely lose again, probably to O in the P12CG.

Baylor & Minny likely drop a game.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
End of Season Results Best Guess
1. Ohio State (undefeated)
2. Alabama or LSU (undefeated)
3. Clemson (undefeated)
4. Alabama, LSU or Penn State (1 loss)

Oregon lost to the 5th best team in the SEC.

UGA lost to USCe and will likely get another loss in the SECCG

Oklahoma lost to K-State, but they probably have the best chance to upset my prediction.

Utah will likely lose again, probably to O in the P12CG.

Baylor & Minny likely drop a game.
According to aome posts ive seen here and elsewhere losing to an sec doesnt matter how good or bad its still an sec team.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that Oklahoma at #9 is fine. They are telling us to put our foot on the gas, if we can. Lincoln seems not to want to do that, but it's in his court.
I don't think that is what they are saying. It looks to me like Oklahoma (as well as Oregon and Utah) may be the one loss versions of zero loss Clemson at this point. Of the "main" four loss teams, you guys are fourth out of four in the rankings behind Georgia, Oregon and Utah. But, from best loss to worst loss (according to the rankings) you are second: Best loss Oregon to #11 Auburn 2nd best loss Oklahoma to #16 K-State third best loss Utah to USC and worst loss Georgia to the other USC.

Since Georgia is the highest ranked of those four, it ain't the losses that are carrying weight with the committee. You guys are being punished by the committee because the conference opponents haven't been too swift. You've only beaten Tech, Kansas, Texas and West Virginia in conference so far. Seems the committee doesn't think there is much meat there. That may improve at the back end of the schedule as you finish with ISU, Baylor, TCU and Okie Lite. Looks like Clem is screwed even that regard. So, blame your conference mates!

Sooooooo, it must be the wins that are the criteria for the committee. Georgia has wins over #10 Florida and #15 Notre Dame. The other three don't have any top 25 wins.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OU hasn't even beaten ISU! They play this weekend, and ISU still owns scoreboard @ Owen Field until the Sooners take it back! :D

Sorry, thinking too far ahead haha

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baylor got fucked in this. Their win over Kansas State is a good one right now and so is their win over Oklahoma State seeing as they are in the CFP rankings. Sorry to Auburn, Florida and Oklahoma Fans, but Baylor should be ahead of you. At least Auburn and Florida have a win over a ranked team.
Not as sure Baylor got the short end of the stick as much as you. But the committee was very inconsistent with how they viewed Baylor and Okie Lite IMO. Rewarded Okie Lite with the highest rated three loss team by giving a LOT of credit to them for beating Iowa State, K-State and TCU while ignoring losses to Texas and Texas Tech. While Baylor hasn't played TCU yet, they beat Iowa State and K-State just like Okie Lite. So, if they are good wins for Okie Lite they should be good wins for Baylor.

Here's some irony. If not for some brain dead officials, Tech would be 2-0 against both of them!

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RIGHT NOW, potentially there looks like there will be four 1 loss teams for the last spot:

Loser of PSU/OSU at 11-1
Loser of LSU/Bama at 11-1
Oklahoma at 12-1 (conference champ)
Oregon/Utah at 12-1 (conference champ)

Who gets that 4th spot in this scenario?
Also we must not forget about UGA, they win out they’re in and add potentially another one loss team to the list.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RIGHT NOW, potentially there looks like there will be four 1 loss teams for the last spot:

Loser of PSU/OSU at 11-1
Loser of LSU/Bama at 11-1
Oklahoma at 12-1 (conference champ)
Oregon/Utah at 12-1 (conference champ)

Who gets that 4th spot in this scenario?
Also we must not forget about UGA, they win out they’re in and add potentially another one loss team to the list.
In the past I would have said one of the two with the 13th data point. But that theory got shot out of the water so I'm gonna say "Who the hell knows?"

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the past I would have said one of the two with the 13th data point. But that theory got shot out of the water so I'm gonna say "Who the hell knows?"

I’m with ya. But I’m hoping this all happens. It has the potential to be an absolute cluster fuck. Fingers crossed

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The final CFP standings won't look much like the current one.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The final CFP standings won't look much like the current one.
Who is going to drop the furthest and who is going to rise the most?