• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Where do the Lakers go from here...?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just for comparison's sake-- Jose Calderon shot 97 three's this year and shot 46.4% which would have been #2 in the NBA percentage wise--- but of course you dont qualify when you barely shoot more than 1 three a game.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whiteside shot 100% from three this year 2/2....but id doubt anyone would call him a good three point shooter.

Tomas Satorskly of the Wizards shot 46.5% from 3 and shot 101 three's but of course did not qualify, since 101 threes is nothing

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had a couple of dips, from time to time, but what DJ posted is correct.

The league average on 3's is .362% for 2017-18. The highest it's ever been was .367%.

So, pretty much anything over about 32-33% means you can't be left unguarded very much.

Plus.
How many are meaningful vs garbage, etc?
Im not saying im a career Jason Kidd follower, but I don’t recall ever thinking that his shooting was tons better later in his career then it was a few years previous.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hello there--- Bosh wasnt hurt right when LEBron left.

They could have easily worked out a sign and trade with Houston that would have brought them back assets. IF you remember - many people thought he WAS going to sign in Houston since they offered him a lesser max (since the hometeam can of course offer the supermax).

Hey- its personal preference- I would have thought the smart thing to do was to rebuild after LeBron left- and if LEBron leaves Cleveland its what I hope they do. If the Heat would have went in the tank and rebuilt after LeBron left they could be looking at having a young stud like a Porzingis or a Donovan Mitchell right now, tons of cap space, no state income tax and South Beach to sell. Instead they have 1 playoff series win, the least draft picks in the NBA, and a clogged cap that will be practically impossible for them to sign a significant FA in the next two years.
Yes he was - Had developed blood clots and had to sit games out - the same season that LeBron had left. Now If Riley had blown up the team and traded Bosh and Wade for future draft picks, and tanked it - he might would be coming back by now, but when LeBron left, they still had a decent playoff, but once those blood clots found Bosch - it was over - No one was about to touch him and it happened to quick for your version to be an option

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus.
Im not saying im a career Jason Kidd follower, but I don’t recall ever thinking that his shooting was tons better later in his career then it was a few years previous.
It was.....

in Dallas a few years he was a true threat.

He shot about 750 threes in two seasons at one point with the Mavs and shot about 41%

incredibly impressive.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes he was - Had developed blood clots and had to sit games out - the same season that LeBron had left. Now If Riley had blown up the team and traded Bosh and Wade for future draft picks, and tanked it - he might would be coming back by now, but when LeBron left, they still had a decent playoff, but once those blood clots found Bosch - it was over - No one was about to touch him and it happened to quick for your version to be an option
Sources: Bosh considers Rockets max offer

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which pretty much makes your "he won't go to the Lakers because Lonzo can't shoot" point, well....pointless and irrelevant.
I am in the camp that Lonzo will come back with the ability to shoot better - If he can average 15 ppg and still dish out the rebounds and assists like he did in his first season, then he is going to be there - It was his first season - Very few players step into the NBA fully developed

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus.

It was noticeably better, but the difference wasn't huge.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the 3 seasons from 08-09 to 10-11 Kidd shot about 1100 threes, and shot a combined about 38% from 3.

pretty awesome. Incredibly impressive for a guy like that to go from a low-mid volume, relatively mediocre/poor shooter- to a true threat and guy you need to be connected to.

only took a decade plus though, lol.

hey at least he did it unlike Rondo who still cant shoot.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am in the camp that Lonzo will come back with the ability to shoot better - If he can average 15 ppg and still dish out the rebounds and assists like he did in his first season, then he is going to be there - It was his first season - Very few players step into the NBA fully developed

He has to improve, but he doesn't have to become Steph Curry. If he can get to around 32-33% and stay there, teams won't be able to sag off of him.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
speaking of which Kylre Korver just shot 56% from 3 in this series. lol...

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In this case, you both are correct.
Bosh had the clotting issue, sat out, then was cleared.
Houston made the offer.
Then, they reoccured the following season and he was done.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
speaking of which Kylre Korver just shot 56% from 3 in this series. lol...

Seemed higher.
He’s one player who probably will hate all these days off.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has to improve, but he doesn't have to become Steph Curry. If he can get to around 32-33% and stay there, teams won't be able to sag off of him.
I am hoping that the Lakers would sign Isaiah Thomas - I think he is really a good fit for the Lakers

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was noticeably better, but the difference wasn't huge.
just as a refence point....Ball shot 36.0% from the field

out of NBA players with at least 500 field goal attempts, he was the worst.

other awful shooters with 500 or more attempts were Frank Ntilikina, Marcus Smart, Justin Holiday, Stanley Johnson,

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am hoping that the Lakers would sign Isaiah Thomas - I think he is really a good fit for the Lakers
if he gets healthy he is a nice scorer but you have to cover him up on D

obviously if LeBron goes there he wont want Thomas there.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In this case, you both are correct.
Bosh had the clotting issue, sat out, then was cleared.
Houston made the offer.
Then, they reoccured the following season and he was done.
Bosh went started the 2014 okay, He played 44 games and then missed the rest of the season, then came back and played 55 games, I noticed that the date of the offer by Houston was in July of 2014, By that time LeBron had left and Miami then signed him thinking that he(Bosh) would be the focus of the defense and as of now If I was a Miami Heat fan - I would be wishing like hell, Houston had signed him - Yes? No?:nono: Either way - but the next year Bosh was on the second year of his contract with Miami Praying and lighting candles for him to recover. I remember telling several people that was most likely the end of his career due to the risk, but no one believed me. Certainly - In 2015 - Miami would have been stupid to turn down trade offers - but with the Blood clot issues strong 2015 - No one was about to offer squat until they saw how the played out. In 2014 - then the Heat could have signed and traded him - but they thought they still had a great option.

Personally - I think Pat Riley has done a great job for the Miami Heat - It's ludicrous to say he hasn't - He has brought Miami three championship titles and Made them quite competitive over the years. Every team goes through a rebuilding process sooner or later and as I recall, Pat Riley is the one that intruded Shaq Oneal to body fat percentage and getting him to take care of his body nutrition and health wise. In fact Pat Riley was one of the first teams in the NBA to introduce that concept which now everyone is copying. That is leadership