• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Where do Seahawks rank among highest-paying NFL teams?

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Seattle Seahawks owner Paul Allen buy himself a Super Bowl championship? The answer, at least according to the Global Sports Salaries Survey, may surprise.

The study, compiled by Sporting Intelligence in association with ESPN the Magazine for their annual “Money Issue,” ranks teams by how much money they spend — on average — on their players. And while the NFL is the current undisputed king of American sports, the dollars spent per team are nowhere near the top of the list.

The top NFL franchise in player spending — we won’t give it away here — ranks just No. 115 among franchises from over a dozen international sports leagues. So while the average member of a small, 15-man NBA squad is able to command an exorbitant amount of cash per player, it’s harder to make that kind of money on a 53-man NFL roster.

So who spent the most on those 53 players in 2013? Where do the Seahawks rank in that list? Check out our gallery to find the answer, along with which player on each squad pocketed the most money — salary plus pro-rated bonuses — last season.

Check it out---Where do Seahawks rank among highest-paying NFL teams? - Seattle Seahawks & NFL News

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct me if I'm wrong, but if it includes prorated bonuses doesn't that mean it includes the bonuses they made for the playoffs? If so, then wouldn't the Seahawks have likely paid out the most bonuses this year given they won it all? I know it's not a substantial amount when looking at it as a whole, but enough to bump them up a few spots?

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No if you look at the numbers Seattle did not.

What they did do in this cap era is create a balance,thus the comparison like many have said that they bought a team to the playoffs is false.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one can buy a team in the NFL because of the cap. Anyone saying that's what happened is a dumb ass anyway. Pretty much baseball is the only real sport left where that is entirely possible.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah not sure how anybody can actually buy a championship in the NFL with the Cap. Now in the Uncapped year yes a couple of teams tried to do just that but teams are limited in what they can do. At best they could I guess give big signing bonuses all in the same year to big name players and then have the big cap hits come later meaning they are sacrificing future years but most teams have figured out that doesn't usually end well for them.

I think the thing you could say about the Seahawks is they had a lot of talented players still on their rookie contracts making it easier Cap Wise. This is the new model for NFL teams in trying to build through the draft while paying just a handful of vets top dollar. This is exactly why I would bet the Broncos and Seahawks are in perfect position for this upcoming draft in teams will want to trade back into the 1st for a quarterback mostly because 1st round players get that 5th year option helping give teams 5 years instead of just 4 that they pay a possible franchise quarterback pennies on the dollar.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should see the salaries and endorsement deals the top formula 1 drivers are paid. Their yearly earnings make the top dogs in the US sports leagues look like jokes by comparison.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should see the salaries and endorsement deals the top formula 1 drivers are paid. Their yearly earnings make the top dogs in the US sports leagues look like jokes by comparison.

Word. Our company sponsors a Formula 1 car and after learning more about the business, yikes. VERY expensive sport and what the sponsors pay just for a small space on the car is ridiculous. Can't disclose how much we paid but it's not cheap.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the surface it seems foolish to say that we pay our players more. Everyone is on a level playing field because of the salary cap. BUT that cap only effects players. How much do we pay our coaching staff, front office, and what is the upkeep on our practice facility? I bet if there is a chart for that, we may very well top it.