• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

When will Lebron pass Jordan?

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michael Jordan misses a season to go play baseball, the Bulls come within a shot of the ECF without him

Lebron leaves Cleveland, the Cavs get the # 1 pick in the draft without him

:sadbron:

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he'll ever get that recognition, but healthy debates will occur, IMO. The biggest thing about this is Jordan's legacy will always grow over time. There's no erasing his 6-0 finals record, or taking two years off in his prime as the only time teams in the NBA had a shot to win a title over him. He's one of the greatest defenders of all time and the greatest scorer of all time. There's no getting away from that.

The thing about Lebron that most Jordan fans will never realize is that at any point in his career, if Lebron really wanted to, he could have lead the league in any statistical category he wanted. If Lebron wanted to be the best point guard of all time, he could do it. He could lead the league in assists every year. If Lebron wanted to average 40 a game, he could do it, no question. Rebounding, Steals, Blocks, you name it. He could do it. That's within his skill set. The difference is that Lebron chooses to be a well rounded player, sometimes to the detriment of his own legacy.

Jordan is arguably the best one man force the game has ever seen. Lebron's game doesn't make him as such. He's as much of a product of his teammates as he is his own individual force. Lebron makes his teammates better in a different way than MJ did. Lebron elevates his teammates. Jordan carried them. People for some reason want to give more credit to being carried though, when IMO, it's much more difficult to make everyone around you better.

If you're in a group project for school, you can have one guy who does all the work, and get's the A for the group. Or you can have the guy carries the brunt of the work but also who pushes everyone to do their part and collectively they're able to get the A. Who's more valuable?

pfft, jordan took a lot of shots and got a lot of calls. if he doesn't have a great supporting cast, and the lakers and celtics gon't breakup, he doesn't enjoy near the success he did. basketball is a team sport. chamberlain couldn't carry teams to championships, by himself, and neither could jordan.

lebron does just about everything better than jordan. making teammates better is what team sports are about.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, that tells you the type of help Jordan had vs the type of help Lebron has had

Clearly that displays it

Yes had nothing to with the Bulls bought into TEAM vs Lebron and "the help" every year.

Ain't Lebrons fault = GOAT

Ain't Lebrons fault Kyrie left lol

Ain't Lebrons fault he's got newbs now

Ain't Lebrons fault

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His individual accomplishments are superior.
Okay if you think that "individual accomplishments" is the only critique to be the best NBA player of all time, then go with it.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay if you think that "individual accomplishments" is the only critique to be the best NBA player of all time, then go with it.
What other criteria is there?

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pfft, jordan took a lot of shots and got a lot of calls. if he doesn't have a great supporting cast, and the lakers and celtics gon't breakup, he doesn't enjoy near the success he did. basketball is a team sport. chamberlain couldn't carry teams to play cchampionships, by himself, and neither could jordan.

lebron does just about everything better than jordan. making teammates better is what team sports are about.

IMG_3532.GIF