• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

When will Lebron pass Jordan?

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually it's YOUR opinion that Dirk is greater than Magic, Hakeem, Shaq, Kobe, Duncan, Bird, Russell....

I think that's darling.
It's called thinking outside the box and I'm glad you think it's darling.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are sure a lot of triggered folks getting their undies in a bunch over my opinion of the top five players of all time... :dhd:

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are sure a lot of triggered folks getting their undies in a bunch over my opinion of the top five players of all time... :dhd:

LOL you clearly don't know what 'triggered' or 'undies in a bunch means'. That's darling too!

If anything you seem triggered that we don't all agree with your insights about Dirk.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL you clearly don't know what 'triggered' or 'undies in a bunch means'. That's darling too!

If anything you seem triggered that we don't all agree with your insights about Dirk.
I really don't care if you agree with me or not. I'm actually amused that it bothers you.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't care if you agree with me or not. I'm actually amused that it bothers you.

Of course you don't care why should you? And now you show you misunderstand the word 'bothers' too. Maybe get a dictionary?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think Smart is the bigger difference maker for the Celtics at least in the playoffs. IMO, he's played his way into a very nice contract offer in the offseason.

...but his offense is streaky at best, and did he just play his way off the roster?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am actually completely cool with anyone that says that Jordan is the GOAT. Or Kareem. Or Wilt. Or Lebron.

To me, the difference isn't big enough to matter all that much.

or Magic? He gets overlooked in many of these arguments, but what other PG could start a finals game at C? Had his career not been cut short...?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
or Magic? He gets overlooked in many of these arguments, but what other PG could start a finals game at C? Had his career not been cut short...?

You answered your own question. His career being cut short hurt his standing as the GOAT.

Magic and Dr. J are my 2 favorite basketball players of all time. I loved the way Magic played the game. But I can't really argue that he should be considered the GOAT because I think the other guys just did more.

But I sure as heck put Magic at the very top of the next tier.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You answered your own question. His career being cut short hurt his standing as the GOAT.

Magic and Dr. J are my 2 favorite basketball players of all time. I loved the way Magic played the game. But I can't really argue that he should be considered the GOAT because I think the other guys just did more.

But I sure as heck put Magic at the very top of the next tier.
not only that--- but give MJ or LeBron another top 5 player of all time to play with--- each guy obviously benefitted from playing with the other- Jabaar and Magic.

The credibility of having Magic or Jabaar rated better all time over LeBron is shrinking year after year after year....maybe at one time it was a solid argument, but that argument just continues to lose steam as LeBron puts up historic performance after historic performance.

At this point I think the vast majority of people would have LBJ at no worse than #2 all time.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When will LeBron pass Jordan?

June 14th, 2018, 10:53pm

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not only that--- but give MJ or LeBron another top 5 player of all time to play with--- each guy obviously benefitted from playing with the other- Jabaar and Magic.

The credibility of having Magic or Jabaar rated better all time over LeBron is shrinking year after year after year....maybe at one time it was a solid argument, but that argument just continues to lose steam as LeBron puts up historic performance after historic performance.

At this point I think the vast majority of people would have LBJ at no worse than #2 all time.

You're fixated on championships, which is a team accomplishment. No player wins alone. Playing with another all time great does not make a great player less than what he would be alone; that's a logical fallacy.

The reason I have Jordan above Lebron is twofold; first, Jordan always had that killer instinct, something Lebron grew into. Second, I feel Jordan is the more skilled player of the two, with Lebron taking much more from his freakish size and power, given his skill set. I hate that basketball has become as physical and power-based as it has, which definitely colors my opinion.

That's also why I have Jordan above Magic (although Magic is my all-time favorite player), since Jordan was the more unstoppable player without relying on a freakish skill set/size combination. I just feel Magic should be "in the vicinity" of this conversation (along with Jabbar and Wilt).

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dirk is 6th in scoring all time. Magic didn't even crack the top 20.

Dirk is one of my top 5 favorite players of all time.

But no he's not top 5 all time. He's probably in the top 20-25 range.