• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What's your Rangers superstition(s)?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So, the DMC game thread/Rangers win deal got me thinking. What superstitions do you guys/gals follow for the game?

Me:

1. I don't post anymore during the actual game during the series (in the playoffs or for a big regular season game). During the Mavs run, I decided not to do it, and we won! So, I'm not going to fool around now! In the past I did, and neither the Mavs or Rangers won the big one!

2. I now use MLB gamecast (if I use gamecast to follow the game, we seem to lose when I use ESPN gamecast for regular season - I don't even follow the game online during the playoffs lol).

3. I get anxious in the big moments in the game and stand up and start walking towards the TV - it never turns out well. We either fail or the other team gets big a hit like Craig today. So, I just remind self to sit down and the Rangers come through more often that not (like the ninth today).

4. I really like new the playoff theme song, but every time sing along with it, we don't do well. So, instead I sing David Murphy's walk-up song - "Strong Tower" by Kutless and we come through! lol. I didn't sing it in game 1 and we lost, the first time I sang it during the game today was the ninth inning!

PS - I was totally praying for Josh and MY during their at-bats! Thank you Jesus! Rangers win!

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
me and my friends use the "seating chart"..... we all went outside(patio) in the 9th and it worked today as it as in the past....when we all sit outside good things happen.......and also dont wear the same shirt if it lost the game before ;)

kennyt12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, so the last two wins I've worn my Red Derek Holland jersey. I guess that means I have to wear it for every game until they lose. Problem is I can't wear my jersey to school on Monday. Maybe I'll bring it with me and slip it on while I'm teaching but take it off when I'm not in my classroom.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, the DMC game thread/Rangers win deal got me thinking. What superstitions do you guys/gals follow for the game?

Me:

1. I don't post anymore during the actual game during the series (in the playoffs or for a big regular season game). During the Mavs run, I decided not to do it, and we won! So, I'm not going to fool around now! In the past I did, and neither the Mavs or Rangers won the big one!

2. I now use MLB gamecast (if I use gamecast to follow the game, we seem to lose when I use ESPN gamecast for regular season - I don't even follow the game online during the playoffs lol).

3. I get anxious in the big moments in the game and stand up and start walking towards the TV - it never turns out well. We either fail or the other team gets big a hit like Craig today. So, I just remind self to sit down and the Rangers come through more often that not (like the ninth today).

4. I really like new the playoff theme song, but every time sing along with it, we don't do well. So, instead I sing David Murphy's walk-up song - "Strong Tower" by Kutless and we come through! lol. I didn't sing it in game 1 and we lost, the first time I sang it during the game today was the ninth inning!

PS - I was totally praying for Josh and MY during their at-bats! Thank you Jesus! Rangers win!

When you said #1 thats what i do 90% of the time. ahaha i don't know i just think its bad luck and i can't concentrate on the game as much when on a message board it makes me depressed lol. But yeah i don't go on message boards. I wear my Rangers World series 2010 claws and Antlers shirt to every game.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't shaved since the playoffs started. A little neck trimming is all, and I won't until the WS is over.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) I don't shave on game day. I was going to do a playoff beard but the wife didn't like it, I would look worse than Holland, and it scratches up the kiddos face. So I compromised and just don't shave on game days. The wife and kid will have to deal with the three game stretches :)

2) I don't let my wife fake-cheer my kid for the team. Every time, LITERALLY EVERY SINGLE TIME she would be holding the kid and say "Go Rangers" (or aggies, or Cowboys, or Mavs) that team would lose. He is only 7 months now, so he can't cheer just yet so my wife would do it for him. No go anymore. In fact, he went to daycare today in his Rangers uniform onesie because she didn't want him to wear it on an actual game day! I've got her trained!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We usually win when I'm shitfaced. Now that the weekend is here, I will fulfill the ritual.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We usually win when I'm shitfaced. Now that the weekend is here, I will fulfill the ritual.

So if you post a coherent comment in the game thread, we are all going to yell at you!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if you post a coherent comment in the game thread, we are all going to yell at you!

I'm actually amazing at being drunk and typing. I usually don't post much though if I'm not at home.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Growing a playoffs beard

2) Not me, but my roommate always leaves the room if we're down in the 9th without saying a word, and doesn't watch anymore of the game on tv or the computer

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm actually amazing at being drunk and typing. I usually don't post much though if I'm not at home.

Me, too. There is no doubt in my mind that I can sing, drive, fight, change the course of mighty rivers, leap tall buildings at a single bound, run faster than a speeding bullet, annnnd..... turn into a real lady killer when I'm drunk. :eyebrows:

1502tuley

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I realized last night that if the rangers bats are not quite working, all I have to do is curse out the entire team, make profane finger gestures to each and every one of them, then go to my kitchen and make a ham and cheese sandwich in disgust. This in turn will cause the bats to wake up and result in a victory.

Last edited by a moderator:

shtexas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
1. The Hat: Last year, I wore the 2010 Official MLB Playoff hat all the way through the playoffs and to any regular season games I attended this year. When we made the playoffs this year, I bought the 2011 hat. I wore it for game 1 of the Tampa series, and after that mess, went back to the 2010 hat for the remainder of that series and the Tigers series. Since we did not win the WS last year with that hat on, I am going hatless this time around.

2. Seating: I don't normally make too big a deal about this. But, last night, for the first time since the top of the ninth, game 5 of the 2010 ALDS, when we padded our lead against Tampa, I assumed the position where I kneel over an endtable in a praying position with my head only up for the play, but down between. This was again in the ninth inning only. I say I don't believe in this stuff, but cannot ignore what happened.

1502tuley

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm betting it was the sandwich. Do you use swiss cheese with Guldens Mustard on your ham and cheese too? I'm positive that it is making a sandwich that is the key.

I agree. More specifically, I believe it was the use of the Miracle Whip on the sandwich that did the trick.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I agree. More specifically, I believe it was the use of the Miracle Whip on the sandwich that did the trick.

Well now I don't know. I can't stand Miracle Whip and don't use it on my sandwich. Maybe it is just the fact that it's a sandwich that is meaningful? Perhaps peanut butter and jelly might work ... but hate to chance it jinxing things.

dmc0015

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I start to grow a playoff beard, but once I feel things are looking grim for a particular part of the post season I will shave a start over. Did it in the WCF for the Mavs and in the ALCS this year.

I sometimes would type my "HELLO WIN COLUMN" post after the second out so that I could post it as the third our occured, but one time during the year they started to blow the game. Needless to say I don't do that anymore.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm well on my way to being shitfaced, I like our chances!