• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What's up with the TCU favoritism this year?

ArrogantBAMAFan

Built by BAMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, let's start here, the TCU/Baylor debate makes me wish the BCS was back. Seriously. Not only did Baylor win, they put up 61 points. So, should Baylor be ranked #3? Or should TCU be ranked around 5-7? I mean, how can you rank the team that beat TCU 3 spots behind? And how in the hell are they ranked #3 in the first place? At first I thought it was hilarious how the committee was penalizing Florida State on winning games, but now it's gotten ridiculous. To rank Florida State behind TCU is absurddd!

I demand answers.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, let's start here, the TCU/Baylor debate makes me wish the BCS was back. Seriously. Not only did Baylor win, they put up 61 points. So, should Baylor be ranked #3? Or should TCU be ranked around 5-7? I mean, how can you rank the team that beat TCU 3 spots behind? And how in the hell are they ranked #3 in the first place? At first I thought it was hilarious how the committee was penalizing Florida State on winning games, but now it's gotten ridiculous. To rank Florida State behind TCU is absurddd!

I demand answers.

TCU would be ranked ahead of Baylor in the BCS rankings as well.

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Christians rule this mofo.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simple. Baylor played Iowa State and Buffalo and won at home against TCU by three.
TCU played Minnesota and Kansas State.

That's enough difference for TCU to be ahead of Baylor. But, I think after this weekend if Baylor wins it will be much closer and the head to head could/should be enough to move Baylor ahead of TCU.

dirtboy068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I demand answers.

first, head to head match ups have never really matter in college football. second, the committee is suppose to pick what they think are the four best teams, and in their mind TCU is better than Baylor ( which I agree). I think the beef we should have is TCU jumping Florida St.

dirtboy068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simple. Baylor played Iowa State and Buffalo and won at home against TCU by three.
TCU played Minnesota and Kansas State.

That's enough difference for TCU to be ahead of Baylor. But, I think after this weekend if Baylor wins it will be much closer and the head to head could/should be enough to move Baylor ahead of TCU.

I think they made a statement by putting TCU at # 3 last week. all they had to do was win today, and they did. THEY ARE IN

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they made a statement by putting TCU at # 3 last week. all they had to do was win today, and they did. THEY ARE IN

We'll see. I think FSU will jump TCU with a win tonight, so there won't be as big of a gap between TCU and Baylor. And, I think Baylor has a good chance of jumping them also. They talked about the number of wins TCU had compared to Baylor but after tonight, the only difference between the two teams will be that TCU beat Minnesota and Baylor beat Buffalo. Is that really enough to overcome head to head results? We will see.

ArrogantBAMAFan

Built by BAMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll see. I think FSU will jump TCU with a win tonight, so there won't be as big of a gap between TCU and Baylor. And, I think Baylor has a good chance of jumping them also. They talked about the number of wins TCU had compared to Baylor but after tonight, the only difference between the two teams will be that TCU beat Minnesota and Baylor beat Buffalo. Is that really enough to overcome head to head results? We will see.

Unless the committee is giving us a hint that FSU will lose tonight.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, the difference is that when TCU played the teams they were ranked higher than when they played Baylor.

TCU played 5 ranked opponents.
Baylor played 3.

But all 5 ranked opponents that TCU played Baylor also played. They played almost exactly the same schedule.

They both dominated some and were close with some.

Baylor should be ranked higher than TCU because they beat them.

If TCU actually had played a tougher schedule I would give TCU the nod.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm also somewhat surprised at the national TCU love this year. I just didnt buy it at first. They have a good defense; their offense has been pedestrian and unimaginative in past years.

I always thought Boykin was a first class athlete who I thought got shortchanged by his lackluster OC.

This year that changed, and his ability has been let loose with a new OC.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, the difference is that when TCU played the teams they were ranked higher than when they played Baylor.

TCU played 5 ranked opponents.
Baylor played 3.

But all 5 ranked opponents that TCU played Baylor also played. They played almost exactly the same schedule.

They both dominated some and were close with some.

Baylor should be ranked higher than TCU because they beat them.

If TCU actually had played a tougher schedule I would give TCU the nod.

Again, as of now TCU has played the tougher schedule. But, after tonight that will change. The only difference will be vs. Minnesota instead of vs. Buffalo.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My two cents: Saw Texas play Baylor and TCU. Both were mostly shut down by Texas' defense; the difference was TCU's Defense, in my opinion.

I think TCU is the better team.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, as of now TCU has played the tougher schedule. But, after tonight that will change. The only difference will be vs. Minnesota instead of vs. Buffalo.

You mean because TCU has played 12 games instead of 11 as of right now?

My two cents: Saw Texas play Baylor and TCU. Both were mostly shut down by Texas' defense; the difference was TCU's Defense, in my opinion.

I know this is super flip floppy of me but yes I do think that TCU is actually the better team, but the Big 12 has no option but to award Baylor the Championship according to the tie breakers I have seen...obviously they need to win tonight.

I also think that because the difference in schedule is so minimal that Baylor should be ranked higher than TCU.

I guess it comes down to how they are judging different criteria.

Tiebreaker Procedures - Big 12 Conference - Official Athletic Site

Hook'Em0608

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The committee doesn't give a shit about the Big 12's tiebreaker rules for the Sugar Bowl...

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And I'm sure Oklahoma fans feel the exact opposite.

TCU might be the better team, but it's all based on the eye test. I don't see why we need to resort to the eye test when Baylor beat TCU despite being down by 21 with 11 minutes left.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This playoff committee has officially announced their rankings. And their rankings officially say that wins and losses don't matter.

They might as well announce USC, Notre Dame, Michigan, and Texas as the 4 teams in the playoffs.