• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Whats the opinion on Claiborne

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have worried about this kid, but it seems he's turning the corner and is much better in man and this team should abandon zone coverage. I think our corners as a unit perform better in man coverage. Mo has been a positive in the last 3 games. It's rumored he could be included in a RB trade that would be ridiculous and would leave a massive hole at db.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't expect a Tampa 2 guy to abandon zone defense entirely. I'm not ready to write Claiborne off yet. He hasn't even had a full offseason yet because of his injuries and is playing one of the toughest positions in the league. But, he better keep on playing better and better or he will play less and less...

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have played more man to help stop the run. I expect more zone as the yr goes. From watching the Broncos tonight, if we would have played man against them we would have won.

negativeCreep

Odd Man Out
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I'm not that impressed with the overall body of work thus far. BUT, he has been getting better (imo) every week and is coming along. I think by the end of the year we'll have a pretty solid CB in him. He's making 4 million a year, which isn't bad for a starting corner. I'd be pissed if Dallas decided to deal him, especially for a used to be good RB. Until it becomes a real issue that is. Hell Romo's been throwing 40 times a game anyway even with Murray. Without Mo, we'd have a serious need.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I'm not that impressed with the overall body of work thus far. BUT, he has been getting better (imo) every week and is coming along. I think by the end of the year we'll have a pretty solid CB in him. He's making 4 million a year, which isn't bad for a starting corner. I'd be pissed if Dallas decided to deal him, especially for a used to be good RB. Until it becomes a real issue that is. Hell Romo's been throwing 40 times a game anyway even with Murray. Without Mo, we'd have a serious need.

Mo has played barely a full year of NFL Football @ arguably the hardest position besides QB. Not to mention he is learning his second scheme in his many years......

#Take a CHILL Pill

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have to ride it out with Mo and hope the light comes on. For where we took him, and what we gave up, we really have no choice

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's clear he has to play more man than zone, or he's in trouble, just like most of the secondary. With that said, he's still young, and it'll be interesting to see what he's like in a year from now.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will be fine.
Takes time to learn a new scheme. Especially for the young guys.

Dez didn't look too hot his first 2 years in the league either. It takes time.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peterson was taken the year before Claiborne. Although he is better than Mo, I still think he is a bit overrated. We spent a 6th pick of the draft on him. I think Newman was 5th pick. Neither are great or considered shut down guys. I would be happy though if Mo did get to Newmans level when Newman was at his best. Hell, the best CB in the game was a 5th round pick.

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have worried about this kid, but it seems he's turning the corner and is much better in man and this team should abandon zone coverage. I think our corners as a unit perform better in man coverage. Mo has been a positive in the last 3 games. It's rumored he could be included in a RB trade that would be ridiculous and would leave a massive hole at db.
He was injured and had a very bad shoulder his first two games. It was very noticeable. He seems to be playing much better the past 2 weeks. I think he will be fine as becomes more healthy.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Claiborne is a major bust for where he was taken in the draft. This kid could not holt Tnews jock which is really sad. Janoris Jenkins was a much better player in that draft. Claiborne is supposed to be fast,but I don't see his speed showing up on the field. He looks like Jaques Reeves clone. He is faking horrible

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always thought he was a watered down version of Newman at best, and I might have overrated him. With that said, they drafted him to do one thing, and now they're asking him to do something else, and he's not too good at it. Thanks, GM!

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The next 6 games will be a big stretch for Mo.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The next 6 games will be a big stretch for Mo.

I will give him another year before I judge, although I preferred Gilmore going into the draft...

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The talent is there, the brain is there. I worry about the body and his ability to stay on the field.

Have we just loaded up with injury prone guys, are we having bad luck, or is our strength/conditioning program needing an upgrade?

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The talent is there, the brain is there. I worry about the body and his ability to stay on the field.

Have we just loaded up with injury prone guys, are we having bad luck, or is our strength/conditioning program needing an upgrade?

Hard to say...maybe a combo of the three
we drafted carter and Lee. Murray couldn't stay upright all season at OU, that has to factor.
the number of hits at DL scream bad luck, Wilcox getting hurt at practice and then Waters
the number of hamstrings seems alarming

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its still to early to label him a bust, this is only his second season. He's had to learn two different defenses in two years, and it wouldn't surprise me if he had to learn a third next year. He has the upside of being really good, not Deion good, but good. I think the jury is still out.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully he plays Sunday

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just have to hang in there because of his immense talent. Brian Westbrook didn't break out til his 3rd season. On a different Eagles site there's been a thread bumped to the top for 5 years saying, "Lesean McCoy Complete Bust". The 3rd year is when the talented plater turns the corner. No way you can give up on a guy who plays such an important position that was also drafted extremely high and has all the physical tools one needs to be a star.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a different Eagles site there's been a thread bumped to the top for 5 years saying, "Lesean McCoy Complete Bust".

LOL...I didn't know Frye started on The Philly team site...