• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What's the general consensus on Barry Melrose?

quoipourquoi

Did Not Fuck Leesha/Sarah
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He picked the Hawks to win in 2010, maybe thats why I don't hate him.

He's really not that bad with his predictions (he also had the Ducks in 2007 and both finalists in 2001 picked back in October of the season). I know Red Wings fans like to give him grief over 2008 though, but I don't think anyone anticipated that the Colorado roster would catch the flu before the semifinals.

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Former NHL player and coach Barry Melrose is a studio analyst for NHL telecasts on ESPN and ESPN2."

He's a hockey analyst on a network that hates hockey. I like Barry Melrose even less than I like ESPN.

He also works for the NHL Network

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's really not that bad with his predictions (he also had the Ducks in 2007 and both finalists in 2001 picked back in October of the season). I know Red Wings fans like to give him grief over 2008 though, but I don't think anyone anticipated that the Colorado roster would catch the flu before the semifinals.

I don't think we hate him because of that, in fact I don't really hate him. I just think he seems like he's wrong a lot. I do remember him doing a lot of Modano and Forsberg fellating in the 90's, more so than most analysts, so maybe that's where the Wing hate comes from.

As far as the Avs, the flu might have hurt them, but they got DESTROYED. Franzen alone scored more goals than the entire Avs roster that series. Their defense looked like it was skating in molasses, Theodore was a sieve, the whole team was just slow, stupid, and lacked talent in any shape or form. It was like someone cut Derrien Hatcher into 18 little sentient pieces.