• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What would you do with the Sharks?

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tweak. I thought Jumbo had a very good post season. I even saw him back check and hustle.

Resign Patty. Only guy who could find the net against Chicago. You don't let talent walk just to shake things up.

Resigning Nabby depends on the price and how close to ready one of the prospects is. I don't think that there are a lot of better options in net that are available to San Jose.

I wish they could trade Heatley but I don't think that is going to happen. I would rather have them resign Malhotra and some more secondary scoring.

The tough part is that Marleau, Nabby, Malhotra, Blake, Wallin, Leach, Ortmeyer, and Nichol are all UFA. Pavelski, Setoguchi, and Staubitz are RFA. That is a lot of resigning or replacing while already having roughly 37 million committed to 12 players for next year.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I give credit to the Sharks management group for not trying to sign everyone before the season ended.

I really like the idea of "let's see who does what in the playoffs BEFORE we make any asinine decisions".

Go luck next year to your boys Slim!!

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously though, they had a good season and a nice playoff run. It's a little rough to be swept at the end, but they seem to be making progress.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Resigning Marleaus is a must. I'd let Nabby walk. Sign Turco to a 1 year deal. Then I'd trade Thornton. Maybe to Dallas for Richards. He'd be a great compliment to Marleau & Heatley. As an added bonus Richards has actually WON the Stanley Cup. I don't think the Sharks need an overhaul they need a BIG attitude adjustment. Meaning Jumbo Joe MUST GO.

li0lsh

Hoopla Cash
$ 737.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Griess only played 11 games this year. The problem is Nabokov wants to play as much as he can, so that means he wants to play 70+ games which you just cant if you want to be rested. Those 71 games plus the olympics probably tired the crap out of him. I think we can all agree that you don't need an elite goaltender to win the cup. Out of the final four goaltenders, nabokov arguably played the worst (too lazy and tired to look up the actual stats, but i'm pretty sure we can all agree on that) than the 3 rooks.

You have to tweak the team a little and not rebuild. Blake should retire, get rid of Walin and Ortmeyer. SJ REALLY could have used heatley's money to sign some key defense because they seriously lacked it playing Chicago. Murray is slow, Vlassic had no offense, Huskins isn't worth 3 million a year (REALLY D.W... YOU ACTUALLY PAY HIM 3 MIL).

Unless Marleau takes a big cut (4-5 mil) not sure he will be a shark next off-season. ESPECIALLY if D.W. is his usual self and signs Nabokov again. Re-sign seto, pavs, clowe. I want Malhotra to come back. Same with Nichol but the problem was since the second line was no where against Chicago, the Sharks were only a one line team. There was just no scoring from the fourth and third lines that Sharks fans saw during the regular season.

D.W. has a lot of work to do. In a lot of Sharks fan's opinions, Marleau won't be resigned. You could argue you would rather keep Marleau over Thornton especially if you can get some picks/prospects if you trade thornton (would be terribly hard to get someone of equal value). If you don't trade thornton Marleau will walk and you will get nothing for it. It's a really tough spot. The Sharks have some great goaltender prospects up in Worchester. 3 will fight for the bench spot this off-season. It will be a very interesting year for us Sharks fans. I want Patty to stay because I've always loved him, but if he is asking for what he is worth around 6.5-7 million I just dont see SJ being able to sign him.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I can make a case for the Sharks letting Nabby go and turning to someone else. In the 2006 playoffs, Anaheim loses the WCF mostly with Bryzgalov in net. In 2007 they win the Stanley Cup with Giguere in net. In 2007 Detroit loses the WCF with Hasek. They win the 2008 Stanley Cup with Osgood. In 2008 the Stars lose the WCF with Turdo. In 2009 they stick with Turdo and miss the playoffs. And finally in 2009, the Hawks lose in the WCF with Khabibulin and this year are playing for the Stanley Cup with Niemi. All signs say if the Sharks want to win it all next year, they gotta switch up the goaltending.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh by the way, according to Don Cherry all they need to do is switch from teal being their main color to black and they will be fine.