• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What was our biggest win this year?

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
100% agree, back to back years we have had big time injuries. Last year we lost 9 starters on D, This year we lost our starting QB, RB, TE plus our starting DT, slot CB. I mean look what this offense did with back ups. Its scary. Then in bowl game we lost Smith, Day was hurt, and others. This team has been banged up. The staff overall has done a nice job just to win some games.

I would argue 10 is more than some games.

Lillyliverd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your article lists pre-season injuries for schools entering the 2014 season ... not the same.

ND has experienced devastating, season-ending injuries over the last couple of years to very key players/positions.

I believe one would be hard-pressed to find a comparable injury list to our Irish this year ... it was really horrendous. Hell, last year for that matter, also, but not as impacting as this year's.

My bad on the link, Craig. I hastily tried to find a source that said ND had the most injuries and did not really read it. ND has had some bad luck with injuries and certainly more bad luck than the average team.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bad on the link, Craig. I hastily tried to find a source that said ND had the most injuries and did not really read it. ND has had some bad luck with injuries and certainly more bad luck than the average team.
Naw, no biggie, man.

Was just pointing out that our injury list(s) are prolly second to none and most teams would, more than likely fold like a cheap tent, if they had experienced the same.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Naw, no biggie, man.

Was just pointing out that our injury list(s) are prolly second to none and most teams would, more than likely fold like a cheap tent, if they had experienced the same.

I agree Craig most teams wouldn't have done nearly as well had they lost the number of players Notre Dame did. With everyone that is leaving early it's a good thing some of these guys got playing time this year.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Naw, no biggie, man.

Georgia the last couple of years comes to mind. They got hit with a lot of injuries I think 2 years ago, and they were terrible down the stretch. Thier injury numbers were no where near ours, but Gurley was the biggest one, and their offense was so reliant on him being healthy because they did not have a good QB.

Kizer being able to step in and play right away is a credit to the coaching staff, and the difference maker in us getting to 10 wins despite all the injuries IMO.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our biggest win this year was USC. I my mind nothing else was close. (But I'm from a time where any win versus SC was our biggest win)

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shaw LOL over rated HC. He got left the Keys of what Harbaugh built. I like shaw but to mention him in the same name as those 2 is just crazy. I mean people forget what Kelly has really done at ND. We went to a NC game(1st time in like 20 years), we have won bowl games, we beat a SEC team in a bowl game, Recruiting top players, Dealing with back to back years where ND had the most starters out for injuries then any other team.

I tend to agree with this. Shaw is a good coach, but I don't see him as an elite coach. I agree that recruiting at Stanford has its drawbacks, but it also has the major benifits that we also see at ND. I do think he tends to utilize the strengths of the school better than Kelly does.