• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What to do with Sergio Romo?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was removed from his closer role. Should I leave him on the roster and hope he gets the job back soon enough or just cut him and find another closer?

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was removed from his closer role. Should I leave him on the roster and hope he gets the job back soon enough or just cut him and find another closer?

He's in the final year of his contract, his skills have been declining for the past few years and they have 2 suitable replacements in Santiago Casillo and Jean Machi.

If you're in a league where anyone who can potentially be a closer is scooped up in seconds then you may want to hold Romo for a week or two. If you still have a few low end closers on waivers or some really good setup men, It might be safe to drop him in your league. He may get his job back at some point, but if Casillo or Machi receive a few save chances and run with it, all bets are off as the Giants are fighting to stay on top.
As for the committee thing, I'd lean towards Casillo if you're speculating for saves.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's in the final year of his contract, his skills have been declining for the past few years and they have 2 suitable replacements in Santiago Casillo and Jean Machi.

If you're in a league where anyone who can potentially be a closer is scooped up in seconds then you may want to hold Romo for a week or two. If you still have a few low end closers on waivers or some really good setup men, It might be safe to drop him in your league. He may get his job back at some point, but if Casillo or Machi receive a few save chances and run with it, all bets are off as the Giants are fighting to stay on top.
As for the committee thing, I'd lean towards Casillo if you're speculating for saves.

:agree:

Also, if this is a Roto league, then you will want to check where you are saves wise, as the stat itself will help tell you if you can let Romo go as well.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giantswin3.gif